01/21 - Timeless Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poisontea

Reaction score
That's a fair point about tax and car maintenance. They don't pay per mile to account for cost of gas at all?
I live in a college town so I feel like there would be a high volume of business in a small area, but I'm not sure if I'd love doing it lol
They do not pay per mile. You just get paid per delivery.

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Read a story about thinking (~2 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Zachary C. Irving [AG0YJ2MHF28IA] [TurkerView]
Description: We are conducting an academic survey about thinking. You will read and answer questions about a brief story (estimated time: 90 seconds). Select the link below to complete the survey.
Duration: ~5min
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications:
  • Masters Exist
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90
  • Location EqualTo US
HIT Time: 0 min, 53 sec
Catchability: Great

ekkirksey

Contributor
Reaction score
That's a fair point about tax and car maintenance. They don't pay per mile to account for cost of gas at all?
I live in a college town so I feel like there would be a high volume of business in a small area, but I'm not sure if I'd love doing it lol
They do pay per mile (depending on what app you use, Doordash and Postmates factored it in somewhat differently but did add it in), and it does generally outpace the cost of gas. It was just kind of a let down to crunch numbers and watch $100 drop down to $50-60 of real money after delivering for a long shift lol.

Doing it in a college town would probably help a lot. Some college kids tip surprisingly well since they're less frugal when spending their parents' money lol

Other annoying thing for me was that people would often make tons of oddly specific orders with weird substitutions. Had to call a lot of customers to explain things like "sorry sir but Wendy's can't substitute maple syrup for sugar in their Coke" and then I could guarantee I wouldn't be getting a tip.

Pros: when I played Pokemon Go I could find lots of awesome things in restaurant parking lots while waiting for the food. Old ladies were really good tippers.

Last edited:

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Scenario Study(~ 5 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: RBC Behavioral Research Lab [A3PZOHOTANLBYJ] [TurkerView]
Description: This survey is for academic research on consumer perceptions and decisions. Please read the information presented in the survey carefully and answer related questions.
Duration: ~30min
Qualifications:
  • Exc: [-1119925513-192655] DoesNotExis
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95
  • Location In US
HIT Time: 1 min, 38 sec

Reactions: Michele

chrisd6

Reaction score
They do pay per mile (depending on what app you use, Doordash and Postmates factored it in somewhat differently but did add it in), and it does generally outpace the cost of gas. It was just kind of a let down to crunch numbers and watch $100 drop down to $50-60 of real money after delivering for a long shift lol.

Doing it in a college town would probably help a lot. Some college kids tip surprisingly well since they're less frugal when spending their parents' money lol

Other annoying thing for me was that people would often make tons of oddly specific orders with weird substitutions. Had to call a lot of customers to explain things like "sorry sir but Wendy's can't substitute maple syrup for sugar in their Coke" and then I could guarantee I wouldn't be getting a tip.

Pros: when I played Pokemon Go I could find lots of awesome things in restaurant parking lots while waiting for the food. Old ladies were really good tippers.
Yeah, that must suck to see $100 drop down to only $50-60..
I drive a truck and gas mileage isn't wonderful, but honestly if it was profitable at night I'd definitely consider doing it a few nights a week if I had a slow week on turk.

I thought they placed the orders and you just picked them up, thereby eliminating that whole weird order thing, but I really know nothing of this

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Survey for Academic Research | PANDA
Requester: Andrea Scheetz [ALK72O6XQI89P] [TurkerView]
Description: I am interested in how nonprofit employees and volunteers complete IRS Form 990
Duration: ~60min
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications:
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 80
  • Location EqualTo US
HIT Time: 5 min, 32 sec

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about your opinions | PANDA
Requester: Sigrid Kong [A1I6KOD7GG7Z5P] [TurkerView]
Description: Give us your opinion of a piece of message
Duration: ~60min
Reward: $0.80
Qualifications:
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 96
  • Location EqualTo US
HIT Time: 3 min, 13 sec

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Scenario Study(~ 5 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: RBC Behavioral Research Lab [A3PZOHOTANLBYJ] [TurkerView]
Description: This survey is for academic research on consumer perceptions and decisions. Please read the information presented in the survey carefully and answer related questions.
Duration: ~30min
Qualifications:
  • Exc: [-1119925513-192655] DoesNotExis
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95
  • Location In US
HIT Time: 1 min, 56 sec
Catchability: Okay

ekkirksey

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, that must suck to see $100 drop down to only $50-60..
I drive a truck and gas mileage isn't wonderful, but honestly if it was profitable at night I'd definitely consider doing it a few nights a week if I had a slow week on turk.

I thought they placed the orders and you just picked them up, thereby eliminating that whole weird order thing, but I really know nothing of this
It's definitely profitable and more consistent than mTurk. Once you find the best times and places to post up you can guarantee steady work.

It depends on the app. On Postmates you almost always had to place the order yourself (massive pain since they also often had out of date menus for a lot of places and then I'd have to call the customer and read the whole menu to them so they could pick something different). On Doordash you pretty much never do since they place the order through the site and it goes a lot more smoothly. There were still little random customer service things to deal with from time to time (eg. people would ask for several dozen ChickFilA sauces, and then lose their shit on you when you tell them that ChikFilA won't give them 30 sauces with a 6 piece nugget order + small fries).

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Poisontea

baconfly

Reaction score

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

baconfly

Reaction score
Title: Quick 5-minute survey asking your opinion of a brand logo and identity(~ 5 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Green Arugula [A240PNRMXLTAZJ] (Contact)
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay: 1.00] [Fast: 0.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 0.00] [Reviews: 1] [ToS: 0]
TO2:
No Reviews
Reward: 0.25
Duration: 30 days
Available: 52
Description: We would like to understand how you perceive a brand's visual identity through a 5 minute survey
Qualifications: Exc: [186228765-191565] DoesNotExist; TP Panel: 1697692987 N GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Location In US

Reactions: Michele

chrisd6

Reaction score
It's definitely profitable and more consistent than mTurk. Once you find the best times and places to post up you can guarantee steady work.

It depends on the app. On Postmates you almost always had to place the order yourself (massive pain since they also often had out of date menus for a lot of places and then I'd have to call the customer and read the whole menu to them so they could pick something different). On Doordash you pretty much never do since they place the order through the site and it goes a lot more smoothly. There were still little random customer service things to deal with from time to time (eg. people would ask for several dozen ChickFilA sauces, and then lose their shit on you when you tell them that ChikFilA won't give them 30 sauces with a 6 piece nugget order + small fries).
I may really think about this to make some extra money on some nights. People can be a pain so I guess that is just all part of it..
Any particular reason you stopped doing it?

Reactions: ekkirksey

A6_Foul_Out

I only use Organic TurkerView reviews
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Reactions: Finn Mertens

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Person Perception(~ 15 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Sarah Barber [A1J8TNMGZA182Z] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$7.07] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.87] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=18] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 2.00
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 4
Description: . The purpose of this study is to examine our perceptions of other people. You will read a short story describing a situation in one woman’s life. You will then give your impressions of that woman and the situation. You will also be asked to complete some questionnaires about yourself and your own opinions.
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Reactions: Finn Mertens