01/21 - Mantra Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Seriously.

Everyone should just read Malazan if you want to read a gritty fantasy series. I'm about to reread it for a third time to feel better.
I started that, the first one was kind of confusing to me so I need to re-read it, but right now I'm reading uh, something or other Alera. I just blanked on the name.

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I started that, the first one was kind of confusing to me so I need to re-read it, but right now I'm reading uh, something or other Alera. I just blanked on the name.
yes! Reread it! The first book is so confusing but the rest are so much better.
Even less confusing on second read lol.

Talking about it makes me want to go read. I'm not working so why not.

Reactions: aveline and Jaded

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I've always thought Brelig/ScoutIt was the biggest trap that brand new turkers tend to fall into. I guess it was p9r all along.
I think p9r somehow convinces turklets that they are profitable. I remember doing them till I got a rejection they wouldn't reverse. Then I was like "wait this is shit."

Reactions: Blakkat and aveline

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
my first rejection was Sarah in middle sch-
wait

p9rs
I read through to make sure no one made my "my dad before I was born" joke.... but this is close enough.
(and actually I was two- so you saved me for half-lying for a shitpost...)

Reactions: Peachy

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
It can be difficult at first because there's not any real setup. He kinda just throws you into this vast and complicated world and expects you to figure everything out on your own. I struggled with the first book too, but I'd say about half way through it, when I really started to get a feel for the world and the mythology behind everything, it totally sucked me in. Then by the time you get to the 2nd and 3rd books everything is just "omg amazing!"

Nikoratos

Contributor
Reaction score
Now of course C to the J @C to the J basically said my answer before I could post it, therfore stealing my thunder, but that is because he enjoys making me cry at 6:30 in the afternoon, forcing me to quit turking for the day and start drinking early. Excellent strategy.
When did drinking at 6:30 become early?

Status
Not open for further replies.