01/21 - Mantra Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisTurk

Reaction score
nope, he changed it, dunno why
The post explains it a really high level, but the original plan was going to be a disaster. Users generally aren't very technically inclined, as soon as the daily free tier was hit they tended to get pissed when the API said "this requester has no ratings" and then they did, in fact, have a ton of ratings.

Which is a complaint you see kinda frequently w/ MTS nowadays since its already on a cached system like that. Moving TVJS to it wasn't something I wanted to do.

A # of other things as well, but in general the gap between "plan" and "execution" was going to be impossible to overcome after sending it out to real human beings (most of whom were already intimately familiar w/ TV & still didn't really pick it up well) :(
Thanks everyone for the info!
I guess I'll see how much I use it between now and March and then decide if I'll pay for it monthly. :)
Even if you don't find the API useful for one reason or another, you'll always be able to just load up the website to get the same information w/o having to pay. TVJS will be tracking AA time pretty closely nowadays, which may be one of the more asked for pieces of information we lost from the www transition though, so hopefully it'll have some useful stuff for everyone.
Are the other rating sites going away permanently? Will this mean our programs won't have the colors no mo? I feel like I should already know all these answers.
AFAIK, TO will be hanging around so you wont be left high & dry as far as pretty colors go.

As long as you think red is a pretty color, at least :p
No, it's not the clearest outline I've ever read.
If there's something I can clear up to help please let me know. I don't venture out very often so generally I just live w/ the feedback I get on TV as far as clarity/planning/etc. Since most of those people get my every thought on design/planning/etc day to day I'm sure there's a lot of information I could add to fill in the gaps, I'm just not sure what it is :(

ducky

good brain, good life
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
The post explains it a really high level, but the original plan was going to be a disaster. Users generally aren't very technically inclined, as soon as the daily free tier was hit they tended to get pissed when the API said "this requester has no ratings" and then they did, in fact, have a ton of ratings.

Which is a complaint you see kinda frequently w/ MTS nowadays since its already on a cached system like that. Moving TVJS to it wasn't something I wanted to do.

A # of other things as well, but in general the gap between "plan" and "execution" was going to be impossible to overcome after sending it out to real human beings (most of whom were already intimately familiar w/ TV & still didn't really pick it up well) :(

Even if you don't find the API useful for one reason or another, you'll always be able to just load up the website to get the same information w/o having to pay. TVJS will be tracking AA time pretty closely nowadays, which may be one of the more asked for pieces of information we lost from the www transition though, so hopefully it'll have some useful stuff for everyone.

AFAIK, TO will be hanging around so you wont be left high & dry as far as pretty colors go.

As long as you think red is a pretty color, at least :p

If there's something I can clear up to help please let me know. I don't venture out very often so generally I just live w/ the feedback I get on TV as far as clarity/planning/etc. Since most of those people get my every thought on design/planning/etc day to day I'm sure there's a lot of information I could add to fill in the gaps, I'm just not sure what it is :(
tbh, i find a lot of the changes confusing, but I have the free code which as far as i understand means no changes for me, so i'm just riding the wave until there's another change that requires my attention :p

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: DISCHARGED VETERANS ONLY, 10 min survey | Accept
Requester: Lauren Ortosky [AP2VTUHW2MOQJ] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=3.86] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=9] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 3:00:00
Available: 1
Description: ONLY veterans discharged within last 10 years
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 85; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Participate in a research study! Read and remember short paragraphs | Accept
Requester: Northwestern Cognition and Communication Lab [A1XBNRHC0BUIGK] Contact
TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=14] [ToS=0]
Reward: 4.00
Duration: 1:30:00
Description: You will read short paragraphs and make judgments about them from memory
Qualifications: Completed My Survey Already DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 50; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
tbh, i find a lot of the changes confusing, but I have the free code which as far as i understand means no changes for me, so i'm just riding the wave until there's another change that requires my attention :p
tfw i wish i would have made 10 reviews

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Survey about users' comprehension of communication tools | Accept
Requester: teamusec [AKO7OLMOIH819] Contact
TO: No Reviews
Reward: 3.00
Duration: 3:00:00
Description: In this survey you will be asked a series of questions about your communication tools (e.g. E-Mail, WhatsApp, SMS) habits.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Study: Decision Making Under Uncertainty | Accept
Requester: Louis-Pierre Lepage [A3JYXI7TSIWOFH] Contact
Duration: 1:00:00
Description: Academic study on decision making. Total payment of $3-4, expected length of around 20 minutes.
Qualifications: Not completed before. DoesNotExist ; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Cruxy

Reaction score
I don't even know what everyones talking about. So i guess its best i stay dumb on the subject. So i don't get upset that i didn't do something.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Judge English sentences | Accept
Requester: Linguistics At Harvard [A2808GN3H8XAYJ] Contact
Available: 24
Description: Help determine the naturalness of English sentences. You must be a native English speaker!
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

ChrisTurk

Reaction score
Yupp, you'll be good to go (except for the inevitable bug I introduce that will tell all users ScoutIt actually pays $500/hr).
tfw i wish i would have made 10 reviews

FWIW, I went through the "award" threads here on MTC and manually gave upgraded keys to everyone here who had an account name I could recognize on TV. Ditto for all of the staff & for Johnnyrs @Johnnyrs . So you're welcome to one if you want it, just DM me your TV username so I can apply it to the correct key.
Same. Tfw, you wonder if you can vpn over the international date line and post 10 reviews yesterday.:)
You cannot, but the same from above applies to you :)

I'm not trying to be a jerk w/ these changes, but I do truly believe stronger infrastructure is built by those who contribute. Whether that be someones time, expertise, financially, whatever. Doesn't even have to be on TV, which is why I extended it to as many folks here who have been recognized for their contributions as I could. Helping Turkers here is still helping Turkers, which is kinda the point of the place haha.

..I just need a little bit of balance b/c if I starve to death A6_Foul_Out @A6_Foul_Out will run wild on the place & no one wants that.

Trucker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Image recognition test | Accept
Requester: Jennifer Schmit [A3CFQ8ASQMT43D] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$20.28] [Pay=4.60] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.33] [Fast=3.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=6] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=24.00] [Pen=null] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.50
Description: 1 minute photography test
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; Masters Exists ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Super Easy.
0:58 min | $31.03/hr[/td][/tr]

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Yupp, you'll be good to go (except for the inevitable bug I introduce that will tell all users ScoutIt actually pays $500/hr).

FWIW, I went through the "award" threads here on MTC and manually gave upgraded keys to everyone here who had an account name I could recognize on TV. Ditto for all of the staff & for Johnnyrs @Johnnyrs . So you're welcome to one if you want it, just DM me your TV username so I can apply it to the correct key.

You cannot, but the same from above applies to you :)

I'm not trying to be a jerk w/ these changes, but I do truly believe stronger infrastructure is built by those who contribute. Whether that be someones time, expertise, financially, whatever. Doesn't even have to be on TV, which is why I extended it to as many folks here who have been recognized for their contributions as I could. Helping Turkers here is still helping Turkers, which is kinda the point of the place haha.

..I just need a little bit of balance b/c if I starve to death A6_Foul_Out @A6_Foul_Out will run wild on the place & no one wants that.
Hey thanks! That's nice of you, ChrisTurk @ChrisTurk !:)

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Thanks man.
Truly appreciate it.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: 7-minute survey on Resource Distribution and Political Attitudes(~ 7 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Frank Gonzalez [A1VS8RN40Y0KJL] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$8.18] [Pay=null] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.45] [Fast=4.31] [Comm=4.11] [Fair=4.20] [Reviews=24] [ToS=1]
Reward: 1.10
Description: Tell us about your political and social views
Qualifications: Exc: [125204-124615] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location In US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: ChristopherASA

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Image recognition test | Accept
Requester: Jennifer Schmit [A3CFQ8ASQMT43D] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$20.28] [Pay=4.60] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.33] [Fast=3.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=6] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=24.00] [Pen=null] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.50
Description: 1 minute photography test
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; Masters Exists ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Super Easy.
0:58 min | $31.03/hr[/td][/tr]
:greathit:

I usually don't break this out for a .50 HIT but that was nice.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Learn the difference between two types of rockets(~ 10 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Lupyan Lab [A34Y0INWSLX4AQ] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$9.47] [Pay=3.19] [Fast=4.67] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.45] [Fast=4.42] [Comm=2.92] [Fair=4.12] [Reviews=110] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=3.93] [Pen=1.00 days] [Res=null] [Rec=0%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.96
Duration: 35:00
Description: Play a sorting game where you will learn the difference between two types of cartoon rockets, and describe the difference for someone else.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [184064324-124564] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 97; Location In US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: ChristopherASA

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: A decision making study (~20 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Reut Apel [A1EX9LXWISPRYD] Contact
TO2: [Hrly=6.67] [Pen=null] [Res=null] [Rec=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 2.50
Duration: 2:00:00
Description: The study takes about 20 minutes. It consists of 50 trials, played one after the other. All trials will be played with the same partner. You will receive $2.5 plus bonus of $1, based on your performance.
Qualifications: None
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Status
Not open for further replies.