Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
OverrideRejection isn't there now?
Nope, it's under "ApproveAssignment" now:

ApproveAssignment
Description
The ApproveAssignment operation approves the results of a completed assignment created with the API.

Approving an assignment initiates two payments from the Requester's Amazon.com account: the Worker who submitted the results is paid the reward specified in the HIT, and Amazon Mechanical Turk fees are debited. If the Requester's account does not have adequate funds for these payments, the call to ApproveAssignment returns an exception, and the approval is not processed. You can include an optional feedback message with the approval, which the Worker can see in the Status section of the web site.

You can also call this operation on assignments that were previous rejected and approve them by over-riding the previous rejection. This works only on rejected assignments that were submitted within the previous 30 days and only if the assignment's related HIT has not been deleted.

Note

To maintain the consistency of the assignments for HITs in a batch, if a HIT is created through the Amazon Mechanical Turk Requester website, you must use the Requester website UI to approve or reject the work.

If you want to be able to approve or reject work through the API, you can use a HITLayout when calling CreateHIT to utilize an existing template from the Amazon Mechanical Turk Requester website

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Decision Making Study Extra bonus $ (~ 4 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Yuji Winet [A2IAGTHAV61MO9] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: $0.20
Duration: 30 minutes
Available: 10
Description: Participate in an activity where decision-making affects how much money you earn.
Requirements: SurveyGroup [830] DoesNotExist; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [2294048-71131] DoesNotExist; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.1.3
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: Evergreen Queen

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score

ApproveAssignment
Description
The ApproveAssignment operation approves the results of a completed assignment created with the API.

Approving an assignment initiates two payments from the Requester's Amazon.com account: the Worker who submitted the results is paid the reward specified in the HIT, and Amazon Mechanical Turk fees are debited. If the Requester's account does not have adequate funds for these payments, the call to ApproveAssignment returns an exception, and the approval is not processed. You can include an optional feedback message with the approval, which the Worker can see in the Status section of the web site.

You can also call this operation on assignments that were previous rejected and approve them by over-riding the previous rejection. This works only on rejected assignments that were submitted within the previous 30 days and only if the assignment's related HIT has not been deleted.

Note

To maintain the consistency of the assignments for HITs in a batch, if a HIT is created through the Amazon Mechanical Turk Requester website, you must use the Requester website UI to approve or reject the work.

If you want to be able to approve or reject work through the API, you can use a HITLayout when calling CreateHIT to utilize an existing template from the Amazon Mechanical Turk Requester website
Ah, okay. Glad it's still available, but I wish they'd update the documentation page to remove the OverrideRejection bit, then.

Reactions: Nuramazing

An Island in the Sun

Part-time brat
Reaction score

ApproveAssignment
Description

Note

Thanks for finding that. I saw the name in the list of operations but didn't look into its functions thinking it was just for first approval and not reversing. I was antsy to get something to the requester so I've already sent them instructions only mentioning the csv instructions so hopefully they can do those okay. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
Every Brit is my favorite. I'm just an annoying fan. My husband proposed by dancing and lip sycing "..Drive Me Crazy" by Britney, and we played it at our wedding after our vows and we were walking back down the aisle together. Poor guy.
Was anyone dressed like Melissa Joan Hart?

micky

disco infiltrator
Contributor
Reaction score
i just got a rejection from ASAPP, Inc. I'm salty and annoyed. I worked hard on those HITs, still have way too many pending for a petty R who rejects, and I do not have the energy to beg for them to overturn it.

Reactions: Evergreen Queen

GTR

Reaction score
whose working these Waasholes with me?

Reactions: Stacy B

Evergreen Queen

A very rich widow with a terrible secret.
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Study on Everyday Judgments | Accept
Requester: Hee Jin Jeon [A2ZT6GXLEM8AE] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $12.00] [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: null] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 2] [ToS: 0]
TO2:
No Reviews
Reward: $1.00
Available: 1
Description: Please fill out a survey in which you will complete a short judgment task about hypothetical scenarios.
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

GRR

Reaction score
Hi Folks! does anyone have an updated "scroll to work space " script or link to? thanks!

Cara

ad space now available
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Study on Everyday Judgments | Accept
Requester: Hee Jin Jeon [A2ZT6GXLEM8AE] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $12.00] [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: null] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 2] [ToS: 0]
TO2:
No Reviews
Description: Please fill out a survey in which you will complete a short judgment task about hypothetical scenarios.
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
2 min

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Does anyone know the name of the requester who posted a bunch of $0.02 hits with Flintstones stills? Daniel something? I really liked them and keep hoping they'd pop back up. Pretty sure they helped me get to my 5000 hits.

cassius

Reaction score
Title: Select Best Logo | PANDA
Requester: Eli [A1T7BLHYHFBSQ7] (TO)
TO Ratings:
TO Unavailable
Submit a new TO review
Description: please select a logo that you feel fits best
Time: 300
HITs Available: 1
Qualifications: Masters Exists ;Gender - Female EqualTo 1;Parenthood Status EqualTo 1;Location EqualTo US

Quick. No TO so I hope it pays.

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Android App Background Resource Use Survey (less than 10 minutes / $1.20) | Accept
Requester: UMD Chi [A3Q0RCKZFLRHTP] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 5] [ToS: 0]
TO2:
No Reviews
Reward: $1.20
Duration: 1 hour
Description: This survey will ask your opinion about the design of a mobile application. We will show you mock-up app screenshots, with brief descriptions of its behavior behind the scenes. We will ask you a few questions about your impressions of this app.
Requirements: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Edit: Super quick and easy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.