01/18 - Working Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil_Dawg

Marine, Husband, Father, Grand Father
Contributor
Reaction score
Every answer I came up to counter this seemed like it would make it worse :eek:
well at least you can recognize that, there is a shit load of folks that can't do that. Which makes arguing with them impossible

MerryLou

unpalatable
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Well, I also could have said:

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know exactly what you should do."

- The Internet
"We have no idea what we're doing, but we know exactly what should be happening."

- The Internet Providers

Last edited:

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
Also clicking link is probably the best way to tell if the website is actually available. It would be a shame to get a requester block on an unavailable website that you marked plumbing based off of a preview because clicking the link is too time consuming.
That's a very good point
I was just irritated because most of the sites this morning were taking so long to load
But since such a tool would rely on a remote server's cache (I think) a presently disabled site may have a recorded landing page preview

Reactions: MirrorMan

T. Leela

Oh Lord...
Contributor
Reaction score
ok so i assume if I haven't been blocked from Zoltars, the fact that I don't actually click on the links but I drag them over to the tab that I just used so it reuses the same tab is seen the same way? but it isn't clicking....great now you guys have me paranoid...:tinfoil:

Reactions: SkipTransit

klyde

No, I don't want to see your pog collection
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm so glad I woke up late for this.

Drwho10

Mister Gank Yo Hits
Contributor
Reaction score
ok so i assume if I haven't been blocked from Zoltars, the fact that I don't actually click on the links but I drag them over to the tab that I just used so it reuses the same tab is seen the same way? but it isn't clicking....great now you guys have me paranoid...:tinfoil:
why reuse a tab when you can just close out the one after you get the info you need? the next hit will just open a new tab with the new website

SkipTransit

I'm Bigger on the Inside
Contributor
Reaction score
Been doing the same from the start and can still do them.

Reactions: T. Leela

j0e

Bounty Turker
Contributor
Reaction score
I've done this the past ~30k hits

Reactions: SkipTransit

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Dragging to a new tab/window is the same as clicking. Hovering to preview is not.

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Doesn't this slow you down a bit? Why not ctrl+W and then middle click on the new link?

Reactions: Drwho10

minkyboodle

"And there you have it"
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Just found this on Zoltar.

A company that you can pay to take you on a tour of homeless people.

primerooms.at
I hope they at least donate some money to the homeless people for using them as entertainment
Yeah, when I stumbled upon that site a little more of my faith in humanity died.
I say all of this as a person who has been homeless more than once..
There's a part of me that thinks this is absolutely disgusting, and like sofaslug, loses a little faith in humanity. There's also a part of me that thinks this can be for a good purpose, even if it is distasteful. Actually seeing people living that way and hearing their stories can bring awareness to the many issues that cause homelessness, and maybe bring some solutions. That being said, I could not stop myself from sending an email to them, inquiring as to whether or not the homeless tour guide and the other homeless people receive compensation for their time and troubles. I just feel like I have to know, because it would help me in determining how I feel about it.

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Doesn't this slow you down a bit? Why not ctrl+W and then middle click on the new link?
You can left click on the link in the Zoltars. They have it set to open in a new tab when you do

Reactions: SweetiePuff
Status
Not open for further replies.