Do you like Tom Brady?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
What about cats? You have to think about that variable. And whether the dogs get along with the cats.
Well, if we have cats we have to have fewer dogs. I would say 2 dogs, 2 cats, tops.

edit: I've put entirely too much thought into this.
edit2: I didn't put the wrong word

Last edited:
Reactions: turkleton

turkleton

Muddarator
Reaction score
Well, if we have cats we have to have less dogs. I would say 2 dogs, 2 cats, tops.

edit: I've put entirely too much thought into this.
Nah, that's like question number 1 after someone's name when you first meet a person. You can't marry someone without knowing if they have pets or what their thoughts on pets are, cause if yours don't match, then it won't work. Or like most husbands, the wife does whatever she wants and the husband just has to deal with it.

Reactions: Jaded

turkleton

Muddarator
Reaction score
Oh a related note, my brother's little dog is staying here and I caught her terrorizing my cats and I had to get after her for being a bitch. The cats were on top of the sink, while she was on the floor barking up at them and growling. How rude.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Bed time for good veggies. Have nice evenings!

Ignoring a survey to talk about authors, nerd alert :p

Yeah, pretty much. https://www.theguardian.com/books/2011/dec/03/kurt-vonnegut-biography

Yeah, that was a shitty day. I don't have any cool stories about the day he died, but I can tell you that no one at my shitty retail job was particularly impressed by my explanation of why I seemed really depressed that day.

Having vague memories now that my one English teacher in high school who had us read Cat's Cradle had to make a giant stink for a long time before they let her do that, but...yeah. I ended up with an entire shelf of Vonnegut before I graduated, thanks to that teacher and that book. Can totally relate to the "someone different like I was" feel.

Eh. As an adult I'd have to pull harder for Bradbury; just as concise, so much more elegant, didn't have to stunt nearly so hard to get his point across.
Which isn't to say that Vonnegut isn't great. I'm glad you got to teach classes where you could, er, "inspire" people to read him, that must have been pretty cool.

***end nerd alert, please continue talking about sportsballs or whatever
Yeah I hear you re: Bradbury. He doesn't have as much re-readability for me as other writers do. Also I think I just dig KVJ's conversational tone? I read a lot of Philip Roth, too, so maybe it's just that I like reading these things that run a little crass.

I always had Vonnegut, Junot Diaz, and Philip Larkin's This Be the Verse on the syllabus. A lot of their issues with writing came from not reading, so I'd always suggest these because they're provocative and "cool" but I'd use whatever worked. I burnt myself out really quickly and quit. HAH.

Minx2121

Reaction score
I took a break for lunch and my daughter ended up waking from her nap and needless to say that was the end of my work time lol. See ya'll tomorrow

Daniel

Contributor
Reaction score
I like Tom Brady, he beats Houston a lot, not that it's all that difficult, but he does.

TotalBabe

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Do you think pandas like being models for the camera?
That panda got signed to Elite's red panda division after attending an open call at the agency. Now, its face will grace magazine ads as the new face of a Dior fragrance.

Sometimes, dreams do come true.

Kerek @Kerek

Status
Not open for further replies.