01/13 - Self Gratification Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jan

Reaction score
Ice storm...pine trees....power out
I wouldn't use this at night, but this might be worth a try - when you are up and watchful?

Last edited:
Reactions: rsclone

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I wouldn't call it grammatically correct. Maybe something like MTurk is deprecating in its Weekly Worker Activity Report. It's not the word choice I would have picked anyway.
Not that wikipedia is the end all, when it comes to the correct answer. But, I think this is the definition they'r using... " It can also imply that a feature, design, or practice will be removed or discontinued entirely in the future."

EDIT I agree it's not a great word for that, made apparent by this discussion.:)

Last edited:

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Your HIT activity for this week:
- Number of HITs submitted: 1

Approvals and payments that occurred this week:
- Number of HITs approved: 1
- Number of HITs rejected: 0
- Bonus reward earned: $0.01
- HIT reward earned: $0.08
- Total Amount earned this week: $0.09

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Is this the right way to use the word deprecating?
MTurk is deprecating its Weekly Worker Activity Report

Sounds so awkward. Perhaps is is syntactically correct, but politically incorrect?
I've heard it used that way at my old job. Dunno if that makes it correct, just heard it used in this way.

Reactions: Jerami and jan

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
- Number of HITs submitted: 1

- Number of HITs approved: 1
- Bonus reward earned: $0.01
- HIT reward earned: $0.08
- Total Amount earned this week: $0.09
Hell of a bonus:income ratio.:)

İLHAN

Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

This is a warning to let you know that we have identified activity associated with your Amazon Mechanical Turk (MTurk) Worker account that is in violation of the MTurk Participation Agreement. Specifically, your account has been flagged for failing to use your human intelligence and independent judgment to conscientiously complete HITs for Requesters, which violates Section 3(b) of the MTurk Participation Agreement.

You can review the complete Participation Agreement at the link below:

https://www.mturk.com/worker/participation-agreement

MTurk is a marketplace for completing tasks by exercising human intelligence. We take this seriously, so if you continue this prohibited activity to complete HITs in the future or otherwise fail to make a conscientious effort to provide complete and accurate responses for the HITs you submit, your account will be suspended without further warning.

If you have any questions, or if you believe this decision was made in error, you may email us using the Contact Us form on our Worker website:

http://www.mturk.com/mturk/contactus

Best regards,
Amazon.com
------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello there:
I just got an e-mail today. This may have been the cause. would this be an annoyance to me?
What should I do now?
can you help me please

Reactions: HelloHello and jan

Amon

Contributor
Reaction score
Not that wikipedia is the end all, when it comes to the correct answer. But, I think this is the definition they'r using... " It can also imply that a feature, design, or practice will be removed or discontinued entirely in the future."

EDIT I agree it's not a great word for that, made apparent by this discussion.:)
Definitely, the way it is used has changed a good bit since its origination.

Reactions: Jerami

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score

This is a warning to let you know that we have identified activity associated with your Amazon Mechanical Turk (MTurk) Worker account that is in violation of the MTurk Participation Agreement. Specifically, your account has been flagged for failing to use your human intelligence and independent judgment to conscientiously complete HITs for Requesters, which violates Section 3(b) of the MTurk Participation Agreement.

MTurk is a marketplace for completing tasks by exercising human intelligence. We take this seriously, so if you continue this prohibited activity to complete HITs in the future or otherwise fail to make a conscientious effort to provide complete and accurate responses for the HITs you submit, your account will be suspended without further warning.

If you have any questions, or if you believe this decision was made in error, you may email us using the Contact Us form on our Worker website:

Best regards,
Amazon.com

Hello there:
I just got an e-mail today. This may have been the cause. would this be an annoyance to me?
What should I do now?
can you help me please
:\ I think a couple people have gotten that this week. Have you used any new/strange scripts recently?

edit: I think the wording in the others might've been slightly different though

Reactions: Jerami

jan

Reaction score

Best regards,
Amazon.com

Hello there:
What should I do now?
can you help me please
Do you have any idea why you got it? Are you in the USA? Do you have rejections (how many?) Have you been blocked by anyone?

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Best regards,
Amazon.com

Hello there:
What should I do now?
can you help me please
I would follow the instructions where it says "If you have any questions, or if you believe this decision was made in error, you may email us using the Contact Us form on our Worker website:
http://www.mturk.com/mturk/contactus"
and email them asking them to "explain further". They may be able to shed light on it. But, the line where it says "your account has been flagged for failing to use your human intelligence and independent judgment to conscientiously complete HITs for Requesters" means that they feel that you are clicking randomly or, not following instructions or auto-submitting HITs. I'd ask them for more information. If you "continue this prohibited activity" they are saying that they could suspend your account. But, I wouldn't be able to explain any further.
Good luck. Do careful, honest, attentive work.

Last edited:

rsclone

This is my partner Fellatio Del Toro
Banned
Reaction score

Best regards,
Amazon.com

Hello there:
What should I do now?
can you help me please
It sounds like they think you're using a script to Auto submit your work...

I believe that's the main point of the section of the rules that they quoted you

Last edited:
Reactions: jan and Jerami

İLHAN

Reaction score
Do you have any idea why you got it? Are you in the USA? Do you have rejections (how many?) Have you been blocked by anyone?
I've given a lot of wrong answers to captcha controls when I've been working these days. I could have made a lot of return in HIT

no I'm not in the US.
I've given a lot of wrong answers to captcha controls when I've been working these days. I could have made a lot of return in HIT

Reactions: jan and Jerami

Trucker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

The following is a summary of activity for your Mechanical Turk account for the week ending Jan 12, 2019.

- Number of HITs submitted: 1,427

- Number of HITs approved: 701
- Bonus reward earned: $7.03
- HIT reward earned: $141.17
- Total Amount earned this week: $148.20

rsclone

This is my partner Fellatio Del Toro
Banned
Reaction score

no I'm not in the US.
That will definitely do it because they think you're using a program to solve them...
Slow down make sure you get them right and that way you ensure you keep making money in the long run even though you might make less right now....
Doing good consistent work to jet Masters is the only way to get rid of those captchas

Reactions: jan

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Note: Starting February 10th 2019, MTurk is deprecating its “Weekly Worker Activity Report” due to feedback that the report was unhelpful to the majority of Workers. Please note that all of the information the “Weekly Worker Activity Report” contained is available on your Worker dashboard, which you can review here:

jan

Reaction score

no I'm not in the US.
the captcha's from mturk (not a survey, right?)

I think they are - probably - looking at workers outside the US with more caution. This was because survey/academic requesters were worried about people outside the country responding to their HITS (when they were looking for US workers in their survey). Perhaps this has something to do with it.

At the end of the day, none of us 'know' what is up with mturk (ever). So, we can just speculate with you.

Nonetheless, it is good to let us know what is happening. You aren't alone. The more information we have, the more we can piece together things. Metallica @Metallica has been in touch with someone at mturk about suspensions (and warnings). So, let's flag this for him to look at, okay?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.