Title: Security Robot Study 1(~ 20 minutes) | AcceptA
Requester: Darci Gallimore [AAST4GGB9B0K] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: $3.00
Duration: 30 minutes
Available: 1
Description: In this study, you will watch a short video about a security robot that guards an entry control point. The robot's job is to prevent unauthorized personnel from gaining access to the secure area and to allow authorized personnel to gain access to the secure area. To pass through the gate, each person must have a valid badge. The robot ensures that personnel swipe their badge at the gate entrance and that they have a valid badge. The robot allows authorized personnel to enter. The robot is armed with a non-lethal weapon that may be used after a warning is issued to unauthorized personnel. The non-lethal weapon used in the present scenario is a variant of a laser dazzler device. Laser dazzlers are used in current military operations to deter unauthorized personnel from entering secure zones such as security gates. Following the video, you will be asked to answer a few questions about the robot in the video.
Requirements: Masters Exists; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 75; Location In US; Exc: [67302-66713] DoesNotExist

micky

disco infiltrator
Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone have a panda for datascience?

TotalBabe

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Did you do Adam Beatty's CATS surveys? It literally was NSA personality survey pre-testing.
I liked his performance-based bonuses. He seems like a really nice guy.

Reactions: electrolyte

K'Lee

The Royal Taster
Contributor
Reaction score
Every hit in the last 30 minutes I've found I'm not qualified for. Think I will go watch Big Bang Theory Reruns. PE $7.47 More than I started with.

Reactions: C to the J

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
There's a few types of high-PE posters:

Some post b/c if you do good, you want to say it!
Some want to motivate/feel it's a team activity/community, still a positive reason to post.
Some want to be mentors, and mentoring improves your own game and feels good.
Some want to brag and be called out to argue.
Some, I'm convinced, are involved with forums/mTurk/RQSTRS somehow, as motivation.
Some are just plain lying.

Don't compare yourself to others, but by all means sometimes feed the trolls (a bare hook).
I'm not generally a high earner so when I post my weeklies on Sundays it's because I'm proud for pushing myself. It's never my intent to make anyone feel bad.

Azazael

Reaction score
Title: Attitudes Towards Arab Americans II | Accept
Requester: Richard Harvey [AAQPK00UQ8ARP] Contact
TO: [Pay: 3.00] [Fast: 0.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 0.00] [Reviews: 2] [ToS: 0]
Reward:
$0.50
Duration: 1 hour
Available: 1
Description: Dr. Richard D. Harvey at Saint Louis University is seeking participants to complete an online survey regarding attitudes towards Arab Americans. Participants of this study must be living in the U.S., 18-85 years old, and not of Arab descent.
Requirements: Masters Exists; Took Study 1 DoesNotExist; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.1.3
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

anyone here able to help me to contact this person? new worker site doesnt have an easy way to contact if the hit times out.....

Last edited:

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I modified the mturkgrind.com tweaks script to work here and use it to block (most) posts with people posting their PE. There's almost never a time where it does anything other than demotivate me and make me feel frustrated, even if I had a good day. If you feel the same I highly recommend it.

I don't, however, recommend clicking on the spoilered PE posts and then getting mad anyway, cause that's just dumb and why do I do that.

nopoopwarez

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Live updating news articles | PANDA
Requester: Peter Burke [A1UZ1H4REEV6MR] (Contact) (Req TV): N/A
(TO): [Pay: 4.04] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 1.00] [Fast: 4.95]
Description:
Determine if an article has been updated several times
Time: 15 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 77
Reward: $0.10
Qualifications: None

ecko

Contributor
Reaction score
I modified the mturkgrind.com tweaks script to work here and use it to block (most) posts with people posting their PE. There's almost never a time where it does anything other than demotivate me and make me feel frustrated, even if I had a good day. If you feel the same I highly recommend it.

I don't, however, recommend clicking on the spoilered PE posts and then getting mad anyway, cause that's just dumb and why do I do that.
I'm the opposite of you, I like to see PE's. It lets me know what is possible and if i am doing something wrong for that day, plus I like to see the people here doing so well.

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
I'm the opposite of you, I like to see PE's. It lets me know what is possible and if i am doing something wrong for that day, plus I like to see the people here doing so well.

I love PEs too! And I post mine to be proud or to keep me accountable!

Reactions: ecko

LowCalCalzone

Legalize Ranch
Contributor
Reaction score

Same. I also found that when I posted my own PE people would get reeeaally upset sometimes.

But when other people earn way more than me and post it somehow motivates them? :thinking:

Itsmee

Condor
Contributor
Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Sebastian Hafenbraedl for work related to ******.
The value of your bonus is: $0.40 USD

The Requester included this note:
Thank you for participating!

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Sarah for work related to ******.
The value of your bonus is: $0.50 USD

The Requester included this note:
No comment provided by Requester.

Last edited:

Liz

Babysitter
Contributor
Reaction score
I hate my internet right now. I guess my low earning for today will have to do. I just checked the weather for the weekend...hello blizzard.

Reactions: Starslip
Status
Not open for further replies.