Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Either they suffered through the toss 10, do 1 technique or people figured out a way around the issue (how I don't know)
If someone figured out a way around them and didn't tell me, there will be hell to pay. I have several voodoo dolls and a wheelbarrow full of graveyard dirt.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I'm just confused on how people still got like 170k of them done when they are broken.
Something with their process of pulling them.

When they first broke it was going down around 8k an hour.
8k HITs an hour while none of us could do them.

It's slowed since then but still going down.

I feel like a small group of people have been desperate enough to do them but I can't see that causing it to go down by a rate of more than 500-1000 an hour.

Everything else is a slow pull and we'll eventually see that work posted in the coming week

TinaBanina

Yarn Hoarder
Contributor
HIT Poster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Title: Spatial Concepts in Literature | Accept
Requester: Anja Schmelzle [AK51E57V82EMJ] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: $1.50
Duration: 30 minutes
Available: 1
Description: Answer questions about short book excerpts
Requirements: Location In AE, AR, AU, BR, BW, CD, CG, CN, DE, EG, ER, FI, FR, GB, GH, IN, IT, NA, PL, RU, SE, SN, TH, US, ZA
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.0.11
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Something with their process of pulling them.

When they first broke it was going down around 8k an hour.
8k HITs an hour while none of us could do them.

It's slowed since then but still going down.

I feel like a small group of people have been desperate enough to do them but I can't see that causing it to go down by a rate of more than 500-1000 an hour.

Everything else is a slow pull and we'll eventually see that work posted in the coming week
This brings me comfort. Thank you.

Horse Feathers

There's no future in time travel.
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not buying brand new, and I haven't found one under 18k yet. CX-5, Rav 4, Nissian Rouge are all in the running right now. The only thing is, within everyone I know, Toyotas run the longest. I've seen 7 mazdas run through my friends/family, and it's been 50-50 on luck with them. My friends brand new mazda 3 sucked. It was covered under warranty but she was at the dealership all.the.time. It's only at 120k right now and might be toast. I know 3 people with Rav4s that are already over 150k and still as steady as before.
I've bought my last two cars from Hertz. I'm also thinking about a Rogue soon. They had the best prices I could find for both of my Prius. I don't mind the mileage because I know they have to maintain them.

https://www.hertzcarsales.com/r2bhowitworks

Plus you can rent one to test it out, if you keep it they don't charge for the rental.

Reactions: ChristopherASA

An Island in the Sun

Part-time brat
Reaction score
About the 5s, my theory, and probably a bad one but still my theory, is that when people accept the broken hits they 'go away' after they expire, so all those going down the last few days are just people accepting broken hits over and over again lol.

But seriously, if someone knows a secret to them, PM me thnx.

Reactions: Vanyanka

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
I tried doing a few crowdflower tasks through swagbucks just so I had something to do
I managed to get the level 1 badge, but the level 1 tier tasks ... the instructions for many of the tasks are too hard, or their answers just dont' make sense to me.

anyway, while in the middle of that, I caught a survey on mturk for 80¢ and I felt like a runaway slave for a minute there

cassius

Reaction score
Even for a major holiday I don't ever remember things this bad. This is for you mTurk:

Reactions: C to the J

Veltora Otew

Got Milk!
Reaction score
Title: Which Product Type is the most relevant? (v3.1) | Accept
Requester: OCMP5 [AHEOQ75N66IRM] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $12.93] [Pay: 4.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 2.58] [Fast: 4.00] [Comm: 1.73] [Fair: 3.11] [Reviews: 21] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: ---] [Pen: ---] [Res: ---] [Rec: ---] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$0.05
Duration: 5 minutes
Available: 34331
Description: Which Product Type is the most relevant? (v3.1)
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 5000; Categorization Accuracy New GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

El Pablo

ಠ_ಠ
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Three minute survey about a brand | Accept
Requester: Online Panel [AFH23TCHBL8WG] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $6.13] [Pay: 2.50] [Fast: null] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 2.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 35] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: ---] [Pen: ---] [Res: ---] [Rec: 0% of 2] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 1]
Reward:
$0.30
Duration: 20 minutes
Available: 1
Description: Answer several multiple choice questions - consumer survey
Requirements: HEVSURV DoesNotExist; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 91; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 50; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: InfiniteChanges

SCOTTM

Reaction score
I tried doing a few crowdflower tasks through swagbucks just so I had something to do
I managed to get the level 1 badge, but the level 1 tier tasks ... the instructions for many of the tasks are too hard, or their answers just dont' make sense to me.

anyway, while in the middle of that, I caught a survey on mturk for 80¢ and I felt like a runaway slave for a minute there
I tried Swagbucks last year and find I can make more on my worst day on Mturk than I can make in a week on Swagbucks.
Everytime I do a suvey on Swagbucks it will say after 5-15 minutes that I don't qualify. The only time I made bank on Swagbucks was when they had the Hulu offer.

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
I tried Swagbucks last year and find I can make more on my worst day on Mturk than I can make in a week on Swagbucks.
Everytime I do a suvey on Swagbucks it will say after 5-15 minutes that I don't qualify. The only time I made bank on Swagbucks was when they had the Hulu offer.
no, this is crowdflower. they are a site somewhat similar to mturk in that they are crowdsourced work. you can reach crowdflower through a few sites, like swagbucks, instagc, prizerebel, and probably other GPTs too.

http://www.swagbucks.com/g/tasks is the site where swagbucks hosts crowdflower
they do a lot of transcription/categorization tasks - stuff I don't usually do

Reactions: SCOTTM
Status
Not open for further replies.