Suspended Account

Lepi

Some Kind of Sneaky Witch Thief
Contributor
Reaction score
Hi ,
I have recently joined this forum.
Need your advise how to reverse the suspended mturk a/c . I was master qualified mturk worker and suddenly mturk blocked me
(I have received only one warning and I have worked on HITs attentively).

Thanks and regards,
sanvenyad
What reason did they give for suspending your account?

santosh v yadav

Reaction score
What reason did they give for suspending your account?
Today - My bad Day. I was Master Mturker from Nov 2013 to 28 Jan 2016 (Joined in 2010) My Approval rate 99.7 Earned > $35000

Please find below the flow of activities I did before mturk suspended my a/c:

1) I went to amazon.com and ordered shoes. Suddenly I saw there are 3 address, thought of removing not required address and deleted.
2) After that I tried to access mturk, but its showing message to verify PAN. I thought this is due to address deleted on amazon, because the address I deleted was of same proof I submitted to mturk
3)I seriously followed up with mturk and amazon continuously, sleeplessly. And wrote like its my bread and butter, I survive on mturk etc (As actual). Also submitted the PAN and added the same address again.
4) I received reply from mturk customer care to correct the address, I did that as well. This occured 3-4 times. I followed their instructions and updated address as suggested by them
5) Later I again clarified that there is no change in my documents and address to mturk customer care. I submitted PAN 2-3 times.
6) I have continuously followed up due to late reply from mturk.
7) Today morning suddenly I received message from mturk - saying your a/c has been suspended due to poor quality work and multiple blocks from requester.
Total Block notice email 7 ( In 2015 = 2 times, 2014 = 3, 2013 = 2). I maintained approval rate 99.7%

Friends, please justify, am I wrong anywhere. Also heard that mturk targeting the INDIAN A/c to suspend.

There is always room to improve or encourage.
I will take it as lessons learned and Improve
If doing good, appreciated for it, this encourage to repeat success and do the things above expectations.

Also, if anyone knows any other site to work on please share. I have 15 years work experience and work 15 hrs per day without any week off.

Lepi

Contributor
Reaction score
Based on the email they sent you, it sounds like your account has been blocked too many times in too short a period of time. Amazon isn't terribly transparent about the issue, but they're calling it a quality issue, and since your approval rating is fine, it sounds like you might have been blocked without receiving emails.

The only thing I can think to do here is to contact Mturk via email and ask why you were flagged for low quality work when your approval rating is high. They might be able to explain if it was just due to blocks.

Unfortunately, if you do get blocked over quality... it's pretty hard to get them to reverse that kind of thing.

Reactions: rahul patwa

santosh v yadav

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the help. Please let me know how can I contribute to forum. I have worked on mturk from 2010 to 2016 and gained lot of experience. I want to share it to help other mturk workers. I was master turker on mturk.

Lepi

Contributor
Reaction score
Answering questions, posting HITs, writing how-to guides, creating scripts... there are lots of ways to help out.

Hinatadragon

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Mturk is not accepting applications? I know two people who applied and did not get approved not sure why.

sanil sam

Reaction score
MY amazon mechanical turk account is suspended from December 30 2016 can you help me to get back my account .

Govindarajan S

Me at my home
Reaction score
hi
i got warning message and mturk customer service informed me my account is flagged please inform me what to do now.

jan

Reaction score
hi
i got warning message and mturk customer service informed me my account is flagged please inform me what to do now.
What did the warning message say, exactly?

Reactions: Jerami

Govindarajan S

Me at my home
Reaction score
It says I judged the hit on my own, and I violated part 3 of amazons mturk users agreement, but how can I judge and change the rejected hit to approval, of course one of the requester as a special case approved my rejected hit, because he said you are working hard for me, so I will approve the hit with the exemption case