Panda Crazy Script for Panda's

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
This has become my new favorite script. I do have a feature request, if you don't mind. I like to check the 'Accepted' tab from time to time so see if anything came in and was missed (I frequently have to step away from my computer). Would it be possible to add a date / time stamp to the list of HITs that were accepted?
That sounds like a good request and there is room to add it in there. I'll put it in my list of things to add. Thanks.

MrTrentSD

Alive and Kicking
Contributor
Reaction score
Today I released a new update (0.3.17) to greasyfork. Be sure to update it if greasemonkey/tampermonkey doesn't update it automatically. Should update it automatically sometime today. Be sure to backup your data by exporting it from the jobs menu at top so you won't lose anything if something goes wrong.

New Features:
  • Added a delete button on each job that looks like an X to make it easier for people to delete jobs.
Bugs Fixed:
  • Script should load up faster for people who have over 100 jobs. It will still be slow when listing all the jobs.
  • May have fixed a problem when listing jobs and not all of them shows up. If this problem still occurs I can fix it easier if someone could go into their javascript console and report any errors that come up when displaying the jobs. Also the next job after the last one is probably the reason why it's not listing all of the jobs so finding it and deleting it may fix it.
  • May fix a problem for people using the queue helper script where it doesn't always go to the next hit in queue.
  • Cleaned up some code to iterate over objects a bit faster.
I do recommend not having 100's of jobs because it can cause slowness but I'm still trying to find ways to speed things up.

When you say 100 jobs, do you mean actually running or just jobs listed. I ask because I thought that 'over 6 jobs' would cause slowing.

And wasn't there a way to ad a PandA from Mturk ( I recall seeing two silver buttons ) and those seem to be missing.

Last edited:

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
When you say 100 jobs, do you mean actually running or just jobs listed. I ask because I thought that 'over 6 jobs' would cause slowing.

And wasn't there a way to ad a PandA from Mturk ( I recall seeing two silver buttons ) and those seem to be missing.
Having over 100 jobs saved and shown in all the tabs is what I am talking about. It may slow down the browser itself and firefox does not like that happening so it panics. Chrome is a bit better at that but still doesn't like it. The slowness can be seen at the start of the script running and trying to list all those jobs in the search jobs window but the script will run normally even with hundreds of jobs saved. Was just a warning to some so they know there may be a delay with larger saved jobs but it won't cause the collecting to be slower. I am trying to find ways to shorten that delay for large amount of saved jobs.

The over 6 jobs is just a recommendation for jobs actually being collected or "turned on" because it will slow down the actual collecting of hits but not the browser. This lowers the chance of grabbing the hits you want faster. You can collect or "turn on" 100 jobs and the script will run fine but the chance of grabbing a hit is very low because it will be checking a hit every 100 seconds basically. The weight system can provide a way to collect more jobs if needed.

The Panda Crazy Helpers script adds the buttons to mturk pages. Make sure you have that on in the same browser as you are running Panda Crazy. It won't show the buttons without PC running because it would have no place to put the panda's.

Reactions: MrTrentSD

MrTrentSD

Alive and Kicking
Contributor
Reaction score
Having over 100 jobs saved and shown in all the tabs is what I am talking about. It may slow down the browser itself and firefox does not like that happening so it panics. Chrome is a bit better at that but still doesn't like it. The slowness can be seen at the start of the script running and trying to list all those jobs in the search jobs window but the script will run normally even with hundreds of jobs saved. Was just a warning to some so they know there may be a delay with larger saved jobs but it won't cause the collecting to be slower. I am trying to find ways to shorten that delay for large amount of saved jobs.

The over 6 jobs is just a recommendation for jobs actually being collected or "turned on" because it will slow down the actual collecting of hits but not the browser. This lowers the chance of grabbing the hits you want faster. You can collect or "turn on" 100 jobs and the script will run fine but the chance of grabbing a hit is very low because it will be checking a hit every 100 seconds basically. The weight system can provide a way to collect more jobs if needed.

The Panda Crazy Helpers script adds the buttons to mturk pages. Make sure you have that on in the same browser as you are running Panda Crazy. It won't show the buttons without PC running because it would have no place to put the panda's.
I use Opera, it seemed to have broken after the 3.17 update. I just tried it in Chrome and it works.
Which browser do you use to turk.

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I use Opera, it seemed to have broken after the 3.17 update. I just tried it in Chrome and it works.
Well I program and test it in firefox. Then I try it on my working data in chrome. Never tried it in opera and happy that it does work in it. I did change something with the messaging with other scripts so I can look to see if I can fix that up. Probably something simple to fix. I only recommend chrome or firefox because browsers can do things a bit different.

Reactions: MrTrentSD

MrTrentSD

Alive and Kicking
Contributor
Reaction score
Something strange happened today. While doing z's, my PanthA window ( which I have open in a new window) kept popping OVER the screen I was working on when ever it grabbed a new hit. I keep it in a new window, positioning it so I can see the Accepted number increase. Also, when I clicked Stop Collecting - it still collected HITs. These are minor issues and I can work around them, but I thought it was strange that they both happened this morning. I am on the current Pantha Collector 0.3.

ScrapingForQuarters

Reaction score
It appears from staring at my Status Log that when a PandA is red, it's still waiting/wasting a second on that PandA even though in theory it knows it shouldn't do (and I presume doesn't) do an Mturk access at that second.

When I'm doing Zoltars some mornings, I'm really more interested in a (or mulitple) different PandA hitting, and I would like it/those to be checked as often as possible, e.g. 1 second for 1 other "special" one. So I set a small queue limit on Zoltars (e.g. 5) and it's often Red for a number of seconds as I'm working on the top Zoltar in the queue. I also don't want to have a "queue full" of Zoltars to return or rush through to get to other much more valuable HITs should they "ring the bell."

So is my assessment correct, and would it be difficult to change this behavior?

catnapped

Relatively Unknown Member
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I don't know if I found a bug but after picking up a bunch of these Nathans (and turning the job OFF) it still seems to be picking more up along the way.

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I actually tried both scripts in opera and I get the buttons to display on the current versions. I am not sure what would be causing this problem but make sure you have opera, tampermonkey, Panda Crazy, Panda Crazy Helper all updated to the current versions. Might even try removing the scripts and reinstalling them. I was using Tampermonkey and downloaded the scripts straight from greasyfork. If you see any errors in the javascript console that could pinpoint what is going on. I did notice opera doesn't seem to pick up the default alarms.

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Something strange happened today. While doing z's, my PanthA window ( which I have open in a new window) kept popping OVER the screen I was working on when ever it grabbed a new hit. I keep it in a new window, positioning it so I can see the Accepted number increase. Also, when I clicked Stop Collecting - it still collected HITs. These are minor issues and I can work around them, but I thought it was strange that they both happened this morning. I am on the current Pantha Collector 0.3.
I haven't done much with the Pantha Collector and this could be an old error I fixed in Panda Crazy. They use the same cycler so I might have to check that out in the future or it could be a bug I didn't know about. Thanks.

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
It appears from staring at my Status Log that when a PandA is red, it's still waiting/wasting a second on that PandA even though in theory it knows it shouldn't do (and I presume doesn't) do an Mturk access at that second.

When I'm doing Zoltars some mornings, I'm really more interested in a (or mulitple) different PandA hitting, and I would like it/those to be checked as often as possible, e.g. 1 second for 1 other "special" one. So I set a small queue limit on Zoltars (e.g. 5) and it's often Red for a number of seconds as I'm working on the top Zoltar in the queue. I also don't want to have a "queue full" of Zoltars to return or rush through to get to other much more valuable HITs should they "ring the bell."

So is my assessment correct, and would it be difficult to change this behavior?
Actually when it is going to do a job it will check the limits and if there are no limits it will send the request and send a true to the cycler which resumes the main timer. If there are limits it makes sure the color is red and then sends a false to the cycler. The cycler then knows to skip to the next job in queue which should in theory take ms and not a second. Once it finds a job it can do then it resumes with the main timer. It doesn't update the status log so it shows the previous elapsed time. I'll recheck the times and do some testing to make sure that is what happens.

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I don't know if I found a bug but after picking up a bunch of these Nathans (and turning the job OFF) it still seems to be picking more up along the way.
First the only time it could do this is if it just sent a request to mturk right before you turned it off. It might grab 1 or 2 hits depending on how fast it did it and how slow mturk responds. That I can't do anything about.

Now there was a few problems when I put in the weight system that caused this problem. Also sometimes the goham mode could cause this problem. I thought I did get this fixed so if you can tell me any special options, limits or modes you are using for this job. Do you have a weight on it? Are you using goHam or delayed goHam on it? Do you have a limit on it? Is it a regular panda or something else? You can also check the status log to see if it's still running. There's a delay of 10 seconds for it to be removed in that log after turning off. If it's still there after 10 seconds then there is something going on. Might be a very rare thing or a real bug I need to address.

catnapped

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
First the only time it could do this is if it just sent a request to mturk right before you turned it off. It might grab 1 or 2 hits depending on how fast it did it and how slow mturk responds. That I can't do anything about.

Now there was a few problems when I put in the weight system that caused this problem. Also sometimes the goham mode could cause this problem. I thought I did get this fixed so if you can tell me any special options, limits or modes you are using for this job. Do you have a weight on it? Are you using goHam or delayed goHam on it? Do you have a limit on it? Is it a regular panda or something else? You can also check the status log to see if it's still running. There's a delay of 10 seconds for it to be removed in that log after turning off. If it's still there after 10 seconds then there is something going on. Might be a very rare thing or a real bug I need to address.
Literally nothing, just used the button to add the job in...didn't change anything. If he shows up again I'll try it and see if it happens again.

T. Leela

Oh Lord...
Contributor
Reaction score

Hi, first thanks so much for this, I keep finding new features or ways to use it I didn't notice before. I have a few questions, that hopefully weren't already addressed, couldn't see them anywhere, or actually it's mainly parts of one issue.

One is that I'm having issues with what shows in the image, I have all of the 'go hams' grayed out, including the pandas on the other tabs, but can find none that actually show it is running in 'go ham' mode. I am also, and it seems more often with the pandas I have the search option selected for, not show a color change when I click collect and/or go ham, but it seems in effect anyway, at least some times. The ones that are 'aqua' colored here won't let me select anything; also I wasn't sure what this color means.

I wondered if having groups starting or stopping as well as other pandas not in the groups selected are effecting this. Please let me know if I can clarify my question, as I often don't seem to be getting across what I think I am...haha..and donating to your amazon account now before I forget as i know my earnings are much more than they would be without this. Thanks again!!

Last edited:

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
One is that I'm having issues with what shows in the image, I have all of the 'go hams' grayed out, including the pandas on the other tabs, but can find none that actually show it is running in 'go ham' mode. I am also, and it seems more often with the pandas I have the search option selected for, not show a color change when I click collect and/or go ham, but it seems in effect anyway, at least some times. The ones that are 'aqua' colored here won't let me select anything; also I wasn't sure what this color means.
First I just want to recommend a few things. Be sure to have Panda Crazy in it's own window and not a tab. It will go a lot faster and not limited to 1 second timers by the browser. Second be sure you really need a search mode for some because it does take longer to find the hits and then try to grab it. Search mode is best used for requesters who put out a lot of hits with different panda's or when they constantly change panda's. A panda will always be faster.

Two ways to find out which jobs are on and collecting. Click on the text at the top where it says "# jobs On". It will show a window of all the jobs collecting and you can stop stuff you don't want. Another place is in the Status Log on the bottom. It will show the elapsed time and the mode it is in. Now for the issues you are having I think the grouping might be causing those issues. I had problems with that when I added it in but thought I got everything sorted. There could still be a problem because a grouping can save delayed go ham mode which is probably causing the ham mode issues. The aqua color comes from creating groupings so something weird happened with those jobs while creating a grouping. You can see there are no stats for those jobs. I would suggest to delete those. Also if you can export all your jobs from the jobs menu to a file and email it to me so I can see what might be causing those issues I might be able to fix it for a future update. Thanks

catnapped

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I've seen that happen as well where all the "go hams" get greyed out even when nothing is on. In my case seemed to be when I was deleting stuff.

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I've seen that happen as well where all the "go hams" get greyed out even when nothing is on. In my case seemed to be when I was deleting stuff.
Have you seen that problem before the previous update? I did change the way the script creates the job boxes and buttons in the last update so that could be it or it could be an old bug.

Jesicu

Contributor
Reaction score
Have you seen that problem before the previous update? I did change the way the script creates the job boxes and buttons in the last update so that could be it or it could be an old bug.
It's always done that for me if I delete a panda that was in goham mode before stopping it from collecting.

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
How would I use pandacrazy to search for a requester, instead of a specific hit [group ID]?

Johnnyrs

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
How would I use pandacrazy to search for a requester, instead of a specific hit [group ID]?
The best way is to add a panda for a hit from that requester. Find out the requester ID. Go into the details of that panda and put the requester ID in the Requester ID field. Change the mode to Search and it should do a search on that requester until it sees a hit and grabs the first largest pay hit. You can switch back and forth between panda and search mode. The group id will get filled in when it find hits by searching.

Some people use the requester ID in the Add Job instead of a group id but the script uses the requester ID for the group ID which doesn't work. Have to fill in the requester ID for it to work and switch to search mode. The group ID should always be filled in with a group ID to work properly.