MTurk Mentors

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score
MTurk Crowd has an established group of mentors to help support and guide members new to MTurk. They are available via PM, just reach out and we'll be happy to help with any questions you have. Also feel free to ask any questions you have in the daily work threads or in the help and resources sub-forum. You can also tag them with @Mentor

Mentor members are designated by a green mentor banner under their username:

Current MTC Mentors:

coffeeowl @coffeeowl
basketcasey @basketcasey
DareAngel3 @DareAngel3
ducky @ducky
cb456 @cb456
Turtlefemm @Turtlefemm

Last edited by a moderator:

Randy

Reaction score
hi there
i am new to mturk and really finding it though to get a hit

Reactions: <Gucci>

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
I have powers! All the powers!

Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from piersanti maurizio for work related to 3E22YV8GG1QXXLIHB0X7QS5CXXINP8.
The value of your bonus is: $1.00 USD

The Requester included this note:
Congratulations, you gave the right answer.

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I've been turking for 26 days. I'm looking for any advice on Speechpad.
I don't do transcription work either as it generally doesn't pay well enough for the average turker (despite appearing to be high paying).

Reactions: <Gucci> and ecko

frogman31680

Choosy Moms Choose Gif
Reaction score
I only cherry pick transciription work on here.

Single speaker, clear audio... what not.

Then I upload to youtube to a private account, use them to create basic subtitles. Download the subtitle file and then just clean up the words they get wrong.

It's still a crap shoot because youtube can be really good or REALLY BAD at transcribing.

Bethj

Reaction score
I am still really new and have a lot to learn I finally figured out and have added the mts extension but I was wondering if there was a resource page or an area I could find to really understand how to use it....so that I can take full advantage of it

thanks in advance

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I am still really new and have a lot to learn I finally figured out and have added the mts extension but I was wondering if there was a resource page or an area I could find to really understand how to use it....so that I can take full advantage of it

thanks in advance
Unfortunately I have not updated the website showcasing MTS for the new Worker site yet.

Bethj

Reaction score
I understand I just wanted to try to use it to its full potential I searched but will keep and eye out for more info....you have a lot to do just to get it working

thanks for the response

Sarah Bonn

Reaction score
Hey, Im new to amazon Turk and I have a question, under assigned qualifications I have two different hits that i've done surveys for, and they are also in my pending qualifications but I am unable to do any of their work anymore, does that mean they blocked me?

TSolo315

SnapNCrackle
Administrator
Reaction score
Hey, Im new to amazon Turk and I have a question, under assigned qualifications I have two different hits that i've done surveys for, and they are also in my pending qualifications but I am unable to do any of their work anymore, does that mean they blocked me?
No. It is very common for survey requesters to issue you a qualification to prevent you from retaking a survey (if they post it again at a later date.) This is different from a block, which does not involve a qualification but will prevent you from working on anything from that requester.

Sarah Bonn

Reaction score
Another question, what do you do when you click on a HIT to complete it and the entire page shows up blank?

Reactions: KatKat

Sarah Bonn

Reaction score
I have a question, under assigned qualifications, there is a list of people i have done hits for, what does that mean?

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
I have a question, under assigned qualifications, there is a list of people i have done hits for, what does that mean?
It means those requesters have given you a qualification. Sometimes it's a way they can prevent you from re-doing their work again if they post it again and don't want to have duplicate participants. Other requesters use it as a way to select who they do want to do their work and will only post HITs available for people who have their qualification.

Reactions: ChristopherASA