MTC Survivor Council Thread

TQueen

Southern Sweetness
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Again congrats to those 5ALTY's for winning in this week's challenge! It was so close guys :pandashake:

But it's time again to have to do our voting. :rain:

This week will be the LAST double elimination. We will be caught up after this. So, you know how it goes WARJLords:

Jaded @Jaded
essjay @essjay
Lepi @Lepi
Krikket @Krikket

• I need two names sent to me in a pm of the players you think shouldn't continue with you next week.
  • I need two separate names.
  • I need the votes to me by Saturday Feb 27 by 11:59 pm pst (daily thread change).
  • If I do not have any votes in for you, those will be 2 counted against yourself.
Next week is also the VERY LAST TEAM CHALLENGE. Once we hit the magical number nine, challenges will be individual. :ahhh:

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
2 vs 8 for next week is a death sentence >.>

EDIT: Well I guess that depends on what the challenge is.

Last edited:
Reactions: TQueen

essjay

Filthy Casual
Contributor
Reaction score
I have been trying really hard to keep my cool about this, but it's really getting frustrating.

The first week, we had one less player than the other team, and then we lost another player before the first vote because they were banned. The other team voted out two people and we were even. The following week, we won again. The other team voted out two people, but for some reason, we had to send them one of our players. The same thing happened the third week. Since then, we've lost and have so far voted out four people PLUS the two we lost to the other team. Now they're sitting at eight members when we'll be down to two. How is this in any way fair? Why did we even have to send them players in the first place, I never understood that.

In all honesty, it feels like the deck has been stacked against us from the beginning, because even when we were winning, we were losing. Again, I understand voting people out when we lose, but if things had gone the way they should have, our teams would be even right now, instead of the other team having double the number ours does.

TQueen

Southern Sweetness
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I have been trying really hard to keep my cool about this, but it's really getting frustrating.

The first week, we had one less player than the other team, and then we lost another player before the first vote because they were banned. The other team voted out two people and we were even. The following week, we won again. The other team voted out two people, but for some reason, we had to send them one of our players. The same thing happened the third week. Since then, we've lost and have so far voted out four people PLUS the two we lost to the other team. Now they're sitting at eight members when we'll be down to two. How is this in any way fair? Why did we even have to send them players in the first place, I never understood that.

In all honesty, it feels like the deck has been stacked against us from the beginning, because even when we were winning, we were losing. Again, I understand voting people out when we lose, but if things had gone the way they should have, our teams would be even right now, instead of the other team having double the number ours does.
I understand your frustration, but your team was the one who wanted to stop the shuffles. I did this purely by the WARJLords request. I have also made a conscious effort to make fair challenges that don't really pertain to how many members are on a team so much.

I in no way have tried to stack the deck against anyone. I have tried to run a fair and fun game for all. If you feel like you need to speak with me, you're always free to pm me. :)

Reactions: essjay and Jaded

essjay

Filthy Casual
Contributor
Reaction score
I understand your frustration, but your team was the one who wanted to stop the shuffles. I did this purely by the WARJLords request. I have also made a conscious effort to make fair challenges that don't really pertain to how many members are on a team so much.

I in no way have tried to stack the deck against anyone. I have tried to run a fair and fun game for all. If you feel like you need to speak with me, you're always free to pm me. :)
To be fair, it was never stated that you were stopping the shuffles because we weren't fans of them. You said you were "taking suggestions under consideration" and that was that. I understand that this is all very difficult to run, but I asked about transparency the last time, too. If you had said "because you guys complained about it, we're not doing that anymore" that would have been one thing. But since you stopped the first time we lost without acknowledging why you were doing it, it felt like it was being done as a further form of punishment.

I did this publicly instead of via PM because I wanted to make sure everyone knew that I was questioning it, I didn't want it to seem like I was sneaking around.

(And I really do appreciate you running this, I'm sorry if it seems like I only complain.)

TQueen

Southern Sweetness
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
To be fair, it was never stated that you were stopping the shuffles because we weren't fans of them. You said you were "taking suggestions under consideration" and that was that. I understand that this is all very difficult to run, but I asked about transparency the last time, too. If you had said "because you guys complained about it, we're not doing that anymore" that would have been one thing. But since you stopped the first time we lost without acknowledging why you were doing it, it felt like it was being done as a further form of punishment.

I did this publicly instead of via PM because I wanted to make sure everyone knew that I was questioning it, I didn't want it to seem like I was sneaking around.

(And I really do appreciate you running this, I'm sorry if it seems like I only complain.)
I figured it was clear that "taking it under consideration" and it stopping was me listening and trying to do what was best for teams. I have no reason to punish anyone on either team. If anything, I was really trying to hear out the WARJLords and do what was fair.

This is a large job to do by yourself. I've really appreciated all the players and love you all. You've all made this such a great and wonderful experience. I think, especially as any mod or admin knows, it's impossible to make everyone happy. Team challenges are about to be abolished after next week as is. If the next Survivor game runs, there will be total transparency in the rules stating that there will or will not be team shuffling, and it will be the same throughout the whole game.

Lepi

Some Kind of Sneaky Witch Thief
Contributor
Reaction score
So I'm legitimately curious here.

We vote 2 people off, which leaves the teams at 2 and 8. This is the last double elimination, right? So next week the losing team just votes off 1 person. Let's not even pretend that 2 people are going to win against 8, because that would be silly.

There are only 2 Warjlords.

So how the eff is the voting going to work on that one? Obviously no one is going to vote for themselves. Are you even going to make us vote?

essjay

Filthy Casual
Contributor
Reaction score
I figured it was clear that "taking it under consideration" and it stopping was me listening and trying to do what was best for teams. I have no reason to punish anyone on either team. If anything, I was really trying to hear out the WARJLords and do what was fair.
Maybe I'm just being obtuse, but I didn't think it was clear at all. Up until it didn't happen, I was under the impression that when we lost the first time, the other team would be sending us one of their players (possibly one of ours that we'd already sent them, but more than likely not). When that didn't happen, I thought "well, maybe this week, since she seemed so keen on keeping the numbers even," but that was me being an assumptive ass again.

And I am not trying to insinuate that you're favouring one side over the other, but surely you can understand why it would *feel* that way when we've been punished every week, win or lose. The other team has now won three weeks in a row (like we did), but there has been no further "shuffling." We lost two players for absolutely no reason.

[eta] I am really struggling with this right now, because part of my brain realizes that I'm being overly pedantic about the rules being clear, but the spectrum part of my brain is screaming that I can't play if I don't even know what the rules are. Autism is a fucking bitch and I'm really sorry at how I must be coming across right now, I'm trying not to cry because I legitimately don't understand how this is happening this way.

Last edited:

TQueen

Southern Sweetness
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
So I'm legitimately curious here.

We vote 2 people off, which leaves the teams at 2 and 8. This is the last double elimination, right? So next week the losing team just votes off 1 person. Let's not even pretend that 2 people are going to win against 8, because that would be silly.

There are only 2 Warjlords.

So how the eff is the voting going to work on that one? Obviously no one is going to vote for themselves. Are you even going to make us vote?
Guys, this is a game. It's supposed to be full of twists and turns. You all have no idea what I have planned for next week. The last week of "team challenges" could be totally something you do not expect.

I'm totally aware of what's going on and how voting will go the last week of team voting and how it will happen.

Maybe I'm just being obtuse, but I didn't think it was clear at all. Up until it didn't happen, I was under the impression that when we lost the first time, the other team would be sending us one of their players (possibly one of ours that we'd already sent them, but more than likely not). When that didn't happen, I thought "well, maybe this week, since she seemed so keen on keeping the numbers even," but that was me being an assumptive ass again.

And I am not trying to insinuate that you're favouring one side over the other, but surely you can understand why it would *feel* that way when we've been punished every week, win or lose. The other team has now won three weeks in a row (like we did), but there has been no further "shuffling." We lost two players for absolutely no reason.
I do TOTALLY understand why you all feel the way you do. But also, again, please try to understand that I did this only after the WARJLords complained the after the first couple of weeks. Without totally giving next week away (which I have already had planned) the numbers will NOT be stacked against you. I take in all accounts everyone who is in this game. I, again, try to keep things fair. I'll say it again, the shuffling ceased because I was really trying to take into account the WARJLords legitimate concerns.

Please also everyone, take into consideration that I am one in the same as you guys. I've taken my share of bumps and bruises of how I'm running the game, and have tried to take them all in stride with a positive attitude. I front my own prizes, I run all challenges myself, and really care about forming common bonds and just want to have an all out good time with the players. Eliminations are tough, and both the 5ALTY's and the WARJLords have had to deal with them. I applaud how everyone is taking them in stride. But, again, this is a game guys.

Last edited:

Lepi

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm totally aware of what's going on and how voting will go the last week of team voting and how it will happen.
Oh god it's going to be jello wrestling.

I'm out, I do not wrestle in genitalian based desserts.

Last edited:

TQueen

Southern Sweetness
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Oh god it's going to be jello wrestling.

I'm out, I do not wrestle in genitalian based desserts.
It's pudding wrestling, so you're in.

Bring your bikini.

Lepi

Contributor
Reaction score
Alright. I do pudding, but not if it's butterscotch.

Also I'm not sure what "genitalian" based means but I'm leaving it anyway.

Reactions: Jaded and TQueen

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I wanna dessert wrestle were do I sign up? s

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score
I do what I want.