Welcome to MTurk Crowd

Work on Amazon Mechanical Turk, learn from the best, and have fun doing it. Join the crowd today!

Hello, I'm an impulsive idiot.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Civanfan, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Civanfan

Civanfan
    Expand Collapse

And being an impulsive idiot, I spend money without thinking and don't hit mTurk often enough to make up for it.

At this very moment I'm engaged in a race of time to make fifty dollars before all the computer stuff I bought without checking how much money I actually had is finished processing and my bank account gets overdrafted. Fun! But I also have a student loan payment due any day now, so I really need 165 dollars!

This forum's been incredibly helpful, though.

I don't know how much you're going to see of me. Mostly I just signed up so I could publicly lambaste myself for impulse buying and accept the public mockery I deserve.

I shall now open the floor to questions about my idiocy. Keep in mind, however, that as an idiot, many of your questions may be answered with variations upon "Du-uhh?", inane giggling, or the sound of drool hitting the floor.

EDIT: And hello overdraft fee. Well, it's not like the money was going to transfer in time anyway.

#1 Civanfan, Apr 18, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
    Sniickers, T. Leela and jan like this.
  2. jan

jan
    Expand Collapse

The only way to dig yourself out of a hole is to start digging :). Make a goal for yourself (of how much you need to earn everyday) and stay online until you earn it. Start with something that you can achieve, and then increase it slowly - as you pick up more turking tools.

Good luck! And welcome

3. TobyF

TobyF
    Expand Collapse
    Dummy

• Contributor
    Hey being an idiot is my thing. I dont wanna share! : ) welllcome

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Vanyanka likes this.
  4. T. Leela

T. Leela
    Expand Collapse
    Turangalîla-Sinfonie

• Contributor
    Ditto (except all of the specific details involved) and welcome.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Vanyanka likes this.
  5. Civanfan

Civanfan
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for the greetings and advice.

jan likes this.
  6. Sniickers

Sniickers
    Expand Collapse

Welcome ;) Fellow idiot here......I like spending money like the mad hatter too. I legit spent 4,000 in less than a week , It was a gift so It wasn't earned :eek: I know 4,000 my not be a lot of money but I'm working class ! That could have gone pretty far , foot locker got most of that money. Oh can you get a deferment on your student loans or did you already exhaust that option ? Mine are deferred until August but I plan on going back to school before then. It's pretty easy to get , you can even get your monthly payments reduced 165 is too high amount .You could make the 165 in a couple of days turking if you have the qualifications and over 100 hits....

7. Civanfan

Civanfan
    Expand Collapse

My payments started out at $209, but are now $115 since I managed to get a couple of them paid off, and I looked into getting them reduced but no dice. I'm saving the deferment for when I say the wrong thing to a customer and get fired.

Now that my paycheck's come in and all the overdraft fees and such are paid, I've got a whole fifty bucks to my name. Whee.

8. Sniickers

Sniickers
    Expand Collapse

A whole fifty bucks , Dude don't say that to loud ! You might get robbed . Don't spend that all in one place lol . FilthyF*ckinRich
    You sound like a weight has been lifted off your shoulders though , you doing good :thumbup:

9. Justin Rhodes

Justin Rhodes
    Expand Collapse

Hi there, my name is Justin Rhodes. I am new to this forum.:)

TobyF likes this.