12/11 - Smiling Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horse Feathers

There's no future in time travel.
Contributor
Reaction score
What advantage does that give you. ...................................... Right now I'm trying install all the PC stuff.
For many reasons. Could keep scraper in a window on top for example. If you use ahk, this script will do that. You can change the 1 to anything you want.

Code:
1:: Winset, Alwaysontop, , A

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Maybe I should just go watch TV...

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

PhantomCatt

Sweet & Sassy
Reaction score
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/sick-amazon-elves-face-sack-plp32qwtz
https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/new...kers-sleeping-in-tents-near-dunfermline-site/

and then there was one I read and I don't know where I found it. I think it was someone in India who applied for a tech dev job with them. They were describing how in the online interview Amazon demanded control of their computer and demanded to be shown their home. But the reviews said that really wasn't norm so who knows.
I don't know why they're picking on Amazon for this... there are tons of companies that have similar policies. I used to work at T-Mobile in technical care for example, and they would fire you after having 5 absences in a year regardless of if you had a doctors note or not. Plus being late by even a minute counted as a 1/2 day to this policy! It was ridiculous.

And I've very rarely hear of a company caring about your living conditions... there are people living on the streets and out of cars trying to work and they just get fired because they "don't have reliable transportation" or can't keep a "proper work appearance". It's sad...

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
You've received a bonus from Anna for work related to 35XW21VSVGCTY1THIVVZK4N2NDISLI.
The value of your bonus is: $0.50 USD

The Requester included this note:
For outstanding performance
Thanks, Anna!

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I don't know why they're picking on Amazon for this... there are tons of companies that have similar policies. I used to work at T-Mobile in technical care for example, and they would fire you after having 5 absences in a year regardless of if you had a doctors note or not. Plus being late by even a minute counted as a 1/2 day to this policy! It was ridiculous.

And I've very rarely hear of a company caring about your living conditions... there are people living on the streets and out of cars trying to work and they just get fired because they "don't have reliable transportation" or can't keep a "proper work appearance". It's sad...
I worked for T-Mo Tech Care! I can't remember if I liked it.:weed::electrolyte:

Reactions: PhantomCatt

scout

Contributor
Reaction score
is there a thread for discussion on the new "improved" worker site yet?

Caturk

Alias PizzaCat
Reaction score
I wish we could do the Polar Express train ride. My kiddos are obsessed with trains and snow. We live in south FL so I don't think they'll see either until I can afford a family vacation. Until then while y'all are talking/complaining about it being cold and the snow I'm sitting around in shorts and a tshirt with a pina colada on the beach :bode: sure is nice down here... Lol
I hate you :p

lsutiger25

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Academic survey on workplace monetary rewards | PANDA
Requester: Performance Management Lab [A1RCZS5XY4M3WX] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☢☢☢☢☢ 5.00 Communicativity
☢☢☢☢☢ 3.25 Generosity
☢☢☢☢☢ 5.00 Fairness
☢☢☢☢☢ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 5
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)

Description: Please answer this academic survey on work requirements and monetary rewards
Time: 4 hours
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $0.25
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is greater than 1000; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95; Location is US

Nice bonus

Caturk

Alias PizzaCat
Reaction score
I imagine if you do a two person stream you would make more than the usual amount.
Had another one yesterday whrere they asked if I would donate my earnings to charity. NO

Caturk

Alias PizzaCat
Reaction score
Price gouging for the holidays?

In all likelihood their shippers are charging more because of heavier volume.
Supply and demand. You charge LESS when volume is heavy, and make it up in quantity.

Status
Not open for further replies.