12/03 - Swinging Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TissueHime

Thread Maker Extraordinaire
Threaderator
Reaction score
Welcome to today's MTurk Crowd work thread!

Please check out the forum guidelines.

Maybe you need some help getting started?

Want more info about how the forum works?

NEW! Would you like to contribute an idea about the future of the forum? Feel free to share your thoughts here.

Please let a mod know if you have any questions, and have a great turking day! - MTC staff

Reactions: JanetW and Blakkat

cassius

Reaction score
Surviving the Blue Norther By J. B. Cearley Winter Wisdom

By this time, ice was hanging from my clothes and my fingers and toes were really cold.I had never imagined how much a thirsty cow or mule could drink. We must have given them 20 buckets of water before the stock's thirst was quenched.
The cold would not have been so bad except for the wind. The only good thing the wind did was turn the old wind charger so we could use the one light in the family room and have power for the radio. If it was totally calm for three days -- a rarity for West Texas -- the battery would run down. Then we did not have electricity for the light and radio.
It was still bitterly cold the next morning, but the wind had dropped off to 20 miles per hour. Again, we had to get water from the storage tank for the stock.
Late that afternoon, the sun came out and the wind died down to tiny puffs. Dad told me and my older brother, "We'd better get out there and try to thaw out the windmill. The stock must have plenty of water."
That proved to be a challenging job. We removed the boards and the packing from the hydrant. Dad got a burlap bag and soaked it in kerosene. After he wrapped it around the pipe, he struck a match to it. I thought it would thaw the ice in the pipe in a minute, but when we turned the windmill wheel so it could catch the gentle breeze, the mill could not lift the frozen ice in the pipe. Dad cut the mill off quickly.
He shook his head, "We'll have to use more heat," he said. "That ice is solid around the sucker rods in the pipe." to be continued ...

bella ciao

Willie_Cat

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey,

Here is a Swagbucks code. It is only good for 1 Swagbuck but it will fill in the day on the Swago Advent Calendar board for you!

BestBuy1k87mYX1

Not sure how long it is good.

Reactions: HelloHello

HelloHello

Reaction score
Title: Next-word Prediction Experiment • Accept
Requester: Mai Boi Quach [A41OAL76VXSOZ] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$null][Pay=Unrated][Approval=Unrated][Comm=Unrated][Rej=0][Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=0.00][Fast=3.00][Comm=1.00][Fair=5.00][Reviews=2][ToS=0]
Reward: $1.10
Duration: 01:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Please read the instruction before accepting the experiment. This is extremely important. The study is expected to take a maximum of 50 minutes. You will receive a pay of $1.1 and have the opportunity to receive an attractive performance bonus.
Qualifications: Location In AU, CA, GB, IE, US; ReadingExperimentStageFive DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 98

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.