11/12 - Shameless Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NemoNobody

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If you like Chuck Palahniuk check out Douglas Adams... same penchant for absurdity but Adams has a way with words that is just absolutely brilliant. Most people recommend know him for The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy but you might really like his Dirk Gently books.
screenshot that msg next time I pick up books thx

SAJ

Friendly Muppet
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Id take a pick of mine but its deep in the darkness of my computer cable management ya you just need a converter. Buy two and do dual tv screens
I have no clue why roomy wants it hooked up to the TV has an Apple Desktop and laptop in his room already. I'll look at the computer when he gets home and that will solve it. The TV is really new and has a shit ton of hookup thingamabobbies so that part is no issue and just need to know what is on the back of the computer I guess.

Blue

Unlikeable Ass
Contributor
Reaction score
those are all actually ...side stories

gardens of the moon is the first book
https://www.goodreads.com/series/43493-malazan-book-of-the-fallen

each is a stand alone book, but basically people can become ascendents, which is the path to godhood, and two specific gods are trying to seize control of several aspects of the magic world for a specific reason that I cannot disclose prior to book 5 or 6

regular people become the incredible heroes that save the world from an attack on their world's magic system (which is one of the most original uses of magic I've ever seen in a fantasy book)

a foreign god from another planet is stuck on earth, and breeds disease and pestilence into the planet... but he may not be a malicious god after all

it's a very, very complex story, and one of the better high-epic fantasy series I've ever read
Based on that it sounds right up my alley. I'm gonna put it near the top of the list. Thanks for the recommend.

NemoNobody

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have no clue why roomy wants it hooked up to the TV has an Apple Desktop and laptop in his room already. I'll look at the computer when he gets home and that will solve it. The TV is really new and has a shit ton of hookup thingamabobbies so that part is no issue and just need to know what is on the back of the computer I guess.
Aw crap dude I don't know anything about macs

Evergreen Queen

A very rich widow with a terrible secret.
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Thought I would try to do some work but I'm going to go relax with the dogs & the hub. Thanks for the help. Hope everyone makes lots of $$$. Peace.
I’ll miss you. :love:

I hope everything works out and you guys get your much needed vacation.

Reactions: <Gucci>

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
Based on that it sounds right up my alley. I'm gonna put it near the top of the list. Thanks for the recommend.
also, look at the reviews on that site you mentioned - 4.5 stars or better for almost all of the books.

again... book one is difficult to follow. I read up to book four, and then started the series over and things made much more sense

Reactions: WarmPotato and Blue

K'Lee

The Royal Taster
Contributor
Reaction score
I relaly need to bake those cookies I said I was gonna bake 2 weeks ago.
And they need to be BIG. Really BIG. and you need to send them to me 1 day mail. Or 1/2 day mail if that is possible.

Reactions: Jaded

K'Lee

The Royal Taster
Contributor
Reaction score
I’ll miss you. :love:

I hope everything works out and you guys get your much needed vacation.
Thank you. I appreciate that. I am so mentally and physically drained from not having a day off except Christmas & Thanksgiving for the past 5 years that it is really starting to catch up to me. So I (We) Really need this. So I appreciate the kind words.

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
All these peeps talking about being well read. I;m in the middle of Rules for Radicals for the 11d7th time. I think I like the familiar way too much. Like HHH said, all the good ideas have been turned into movies, or something like that...

SAJ

Friendly Muppet
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
All these peeps talking about being well read. I;m in the middle of Rules for Radicals for the 11d7th time. I think I like the familiar way too much. Like HHH said, all the good ideas have been turned into movies, or something like that...

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
when you say 11d7, does that mean an average roll of 44?

sudilly

Bubble Hell Avenger
Contributor
Reaction score
It's a Chrome issue. Here is fix
Code:
// ==UserScript==
// @name         MTC Previous Post Patch
// @namespace    https://github.com/Kadauchi
// @version      1.0.0
// @description  Does things...
// @author       Kadauchi
// @icon      
// @include      http://www.mturkcrowd.com*
// @require      http://code.jquery.com/jquery-3.2.1.min.js
// ==/UserScript==

$(`#messageList`).on(`click`, `a[href^="goto/post"]`, e => $(`html, body`).animate({scrollTop: $(e.target.hash).offset().top}, 250));
Worked for me! Thanks!!!

Reactions: Kathryn and <Gucci>
Status
Not open for further replies.