10/24 - Tenebre Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

Unlikeable Ass
Contributor
Reaction score
yeah, figured as much. just seems odd that they would bother to update tos, and tell electrolyte @electrolyte to tell people here to send bugs her way to report them, if they didn't want to improve.
I would generally think if they want to actually improve they would set up an official global system that features transparency for doing so rather than suggesting members of a single forum pass things along through word of mouth using a middle man.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
I would generally think if they want to actually improve they would set up an official global system that features transparency for doing so rather than suggesting members of a single forum pass things along through word of mouth using a middle man.
They've actually been in touch with workers from other forums as well. I think it's a starting place, and I hope it'll grow into more widespread open communication.

Blue

Unlikeable Ass
Contributor
Reaction score
They've actually been in touch with workers from other forums as well. I think it's a starting place, and I hope it'll grow into more widespread open communication.
Too easy to be abused. I'm not saying you aren't trustworthy... I'm saying you aren't official and you shouldn't speak for the community. No one in these forums should serve as the mouth piece for the workers.

A6_Foul_Out

I only use Organic TurkerView reviews
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
you don't want things spiraling out of control now in the other direction. complete transparency and the ability to force mturk to be personally responsible for every hit and every requester 24/7? heaven forbid.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Too easy to be abused. I'm not saying you aren't trustworthy... I'm saying you aren't official and you shouldn't speak for the community. No one in these forums should serve as the mouth piece for the workers.
So next time I'm told stuff that can help the community, you think I shouldn't share it here? And I shouldn't bring the questions from the forum to the people who can give us answers? I see.

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
I think that if the "middle man" isn't paid for communication, they shouldn't feel responsible to handle that communication.

Reactions: A6_Foul_Out

Blue

Unlikeable Ass
Contributor
Reaction score
So next time I'm told stuff that can help the community, you think I shouldn't share it here? And I shouldn't bring the questions from the forum to the people who can give us answers? I see.
That isn't even close to what I said. I said mTurk should be setting up an official system NOT channeling the community through a small number of unofficial sources who could easily go full scarf mode.

Reactions: A6_Foul_Out

SalvadorZombie

The Jon Moxley of Mturk
Reaction score
It would be better if they came directly here and asked, and then engaged with the community as a whole.

A6_Foul_Out

I only use Organic TurkerView reviews
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
and I also think it's fair to say that electrolyte @electrolyte shouldn't have to be the best/only option to communicate with anybody regarding anything meaningful about the platform.

I think that if the "middle man" isn't paid for communication, they shouldn't feel responsible to handle that communication.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm certainly not paid for any communication. I was and am trying to help the community by sharing what the staff at MTurk have told those of us they've reached out to.

scout

Contributor
Reaction score
this isn't a violation of the rules bc this code isn't the code to submit the HIT, right? it's only a violation if the code was for submitting/being paid for a HIT?

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Make a prediction (Bonus Potential!) | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Intengo Research [AAVSVUOUUK8MQ] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 3.17] [Fast: 4.09] [Comm: 2.80] [Fair: 3.97] [Reviews: 147] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: --/hr] [Pen: -- days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 0% of 1] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$2.00
Duration: 3 hours
Available: 1
Description: You'll be predicting how people will respond to a new product
Requirements: Total approved HITs is not less than 50; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95; Location is US;

HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.25.7
Ah Intengo. I missed being pirc'd by you

Blue

Unlikeable Ass
Contributor
Reaction score
It would be better if they came directly here and asked, and then engaged with the community as a whole.
Yes... that would be better, not the best option because it wouldn't reach everyone... but direct communication that can be tracked and recorded would be an actual "good" starting point.

Status
Not open for further replies.