10/13 - The Goo Goo Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lauren

Reaction score
Crap!!! I screwed up! I was looking at my pending HITs and was wondering why two of the Ben Peterson ones weren't approved yet, because all the other ones were approved instantly. Then I realized I somehow managed to do two in the wrong age group...?! NO idea how that happened, maybe when I refreshed the page the new age group was in the same place as the old one so I clicked the wrong thing ... well, that was pretty stupid lol. So much for trying to maintain a decent approval rating. I told you, I really suck at this mturk thing. :p

lsutiger25

Contributor
Reaction score
....fingers hurt- must keep going

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Crap!!! I screwed up! I was looking at my pending HITs and was wondering why two of the Ben Peterson ones weren't approved yet, because all the other ones were approved instantly. Then I realized I somehow managed to do two in the wrong age group...?! NO idea how that happened, maybe when I refreshed the page the new age group was in the same place as the old one so I clicked the wrong thing ... well, that was pretty stupid lol. So much for trying to maintain a decent approval rating. I told you, I really suck at this mturk thing. :p
Send him a message for each wrong hit explaining! He's pretty nice about honest mistakes as long as you don't keep doing it. Otherwise they will be rejected for sure.

FeedMeHits

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I actually deleted my old one and added the newest version instead of the old version.
Oh noooo, I did this... and I hate the new version.

I can't get rid of the colors. Meh.

Reactions: Liz

Lauren

Reaction score
Send him a message for each wrong hit explaining! He's pretty nice about honest mistakes as long as you don't keep doing it. Otherwise they will be rejected for sure.
I did, I also feel bad though because he shouldn't have to pay me for something that's completely wrong (it's not like one wrong thing in a big list). I told him my opinions and stuff were still honest and true, it was just the wrong hit. Thankfully it was only two!

so is there anything I can use that hides hits I don't want to see? I'm honestly surprised there's no ignore button built in. Amazon already knows my age, too, so I don't understand why that hit would even show up/let me accept.

Reactions: Sondi

Kuddish

Me fail English! That's unpossible
Contributor
Reaction score
Is there an updated Hit Scraper? Mine is giving me Invalid URL parameters when i try to panda

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I did, I also feel bad though because he shouldn't have to pay me for something that's completely wrong (it's not like one wrong thing in a big list). I told him my opinions and stuff were still honest and true, it was just the wrong hit. Thankfully it was only two!

so is there anything I can use that hides hits I don't want to see? I'm honestly surprised there's no ignore button built in. Amazon already knows my age, too, so I don't understand why that hit would even show up/let me accept.
If you're using hit scraper (and I think Hit finder) you can block by hit title -- amazon doesn't offer anything natively because "improvements". I just set up a panda for my correct ben peterson group and only accept them that way.

lsutiger25

Contributor
Reaction score
Send him a message- I made the same mistake and he accepted them and just told me to be more careful...hes very easy to work with.

Reactions: K'Lee and Lauren

T. Leela

Oh Lord...
Contributor
Reaction score
it's ok really, this sounds like me starting out, don't sound like me haha...seriously no one has gotten far without doing something like this probably many times. :) Definitely doesnt mean you suck at turking, you are right on track! :D

Reactions: Lauren and Sondi

lsutiger25

Contributor
Reaction score
It's a conspiracy. Move somewhere with busing. Helped me out :wink:
haha they use to ride the bus...but after the flooding here, they were getting picked up around 7:35 and weren't getting to school till 8:15-8:20 and the school is 3/4s a mile down the road- so now we just hang home till around 8:10

* I tell them their old enough to get dressed on their own and make their own damn breakfast haha

Reactions: T. Leela
Status
Not open for further replies.