07/28 - The Grave of the Fireflies / The Borrower Arrietty Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krikket

YouTube Connoisseur
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: A quick study about consumer choices and relationship decisions | PANDA
Requester: Lalin Anik [A29O2O3RFGCSHK] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 5.00 Communicativity
★★★★★ 5.00 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★★ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 8 | TOS Flags: 2
Submit a new TO review
Description: This study will take up to 5-6 minutes of your time. You will be asked to think of a consumer decision and answer a few quick questions.
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications: Masters has been granted;HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95

Reactions: Sondi

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Benjamin Franklin | PANDA
Requester: David A Dunning [A2N0EK65M4HGDY] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★ 4.00 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.83 Generosity
★★★★ 4.95 Fairness
★★★★ 4.74 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 51 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: You will spend 30 minutes reading a short description and answering some general knowledge questions.
Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Reward: $3.00
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95;Location is US
~10min.

Reactions: Definitely Not Riss

Krikket

YouTube Connoisseur
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Dospert Norm | PANDA
Requester: Decision Sciences [A2LCUY0MW1AN67] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 3.00 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.78 Generosity
★★★★ 4.73 Fairness
★★★★ 4.66 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 109 | TOS Flags: 2
Submit a new TO review
Description: Short survey asking about your behaviors and preferences.
Time: 3 hours
Reward: $1.50
Qualifications: dospert_norm has not been granted;dospert_norm_2 has not been granted;Total approved HITs is not less than 50;HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95;Location is US

LightningLord

You think that's a Schwinn.
Contributor
Reaction score
So can v2l come save the day again, or are they holding out on us?

CajunTurker

Reaction score
att is absolute trash. I have it now. they slow down your internet during peak hours (6pm-9pm) when a lot of people are on. Even when you aren't on peak hors, you dont always get the speed you pay for.
Yep, AT&T is slower than cable modem and they do throttle your internet at times. Stick with the cable. Their knowing that you're angry might even be why the tech didn't want to knock at the end of a long day. Who knows how many attics/crawlspaces this guy had been through working his ass off. Or he could just be a lazy fucker...
Morning all. Question and PM is you can help please. Thanks in advance. I have been literally fighting with my cable/internet provider for two days as it went down Tuesday in my house only. And they said they couldn't get here till they end of the week and I said that was unacceptable as I've been paying them on time for ten years and expected better than that. They went someone out last evening who went next door. He was supposed to call first of course. He didn't as I have no record of a call. I was here the entire time. He left a door knocker on the neighbors' door. He didn't knock. I know. They were home and so were their dogs who would of started barking and I would of heard that. If he'd knocked they would of sent him here. And their apt says 180, mine is 182. How lazy are these techs? It was 7 pm. He just wanted to go home. I was angry by that point and the cable company knows it. I don't believe in borrowing Internet unless it's from a friend who's home I'm staying in on vacation, but my neighbors are kind and offered me their service for the time being and I accepted. I will offer them some cash for their kindness. I hope that is appropriate. The tech is supposed to be here again Sat morning. BUT, my question is how is ATT u verse? I read bad reviews. But I have an ATT cell and am so tempted. I help off before because they didn't have Hallmark but checked last night and it looks like that has been added. They have BBC and my provided dropped that. I miss it. But all the reviews I read are so terrible. Is the service that bad? The phone service isn't. If anyone has any experience with them please let me know if you don't mind. I am so tired of these arguments with my provider. They ought not to happen. I don't like being that angry. It ought not to happen as business ought not to run that way. But it does anyway. Thanks again.
Yep, AT&T is slower than cable modem and they do throttle your internet at times. Stick with the cable. Their knowing that you're angry might even be why the tech didn't want to knock at the end of a long day. Who knows how many attics/crawlspaces this guy had been through working his ass off. Or he could just be a lazy fucker...

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Survey with video content **PART 1**(~ 4 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Jeff Larson [AK3S4SD3A8K14] (Contact)
(TO):[Pay: 4.12][Fair: 4.22][Comm: 3.67][Fast: 4.52]
Description:
Watch two different videos (total of 3 minutes and 40 seconds of video time) and respond to several questions
Time: 20 minutes
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $0.55
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 100, HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 96, Location is one of: US

cassius

Reaction score
att is absolute trash. I have it now. they slow down your internet during peak hours (6pm-9pm) when a lot of people are on. Even when you aren't on peak hors, you dont always get the speed you pay for.
Thanks. My neighbors have ATT. I don't know what their speed is and I asked them if me using it was going to slow it down for them and they said it wouldn't make much difference as they had a good pkg. I checked my speed during those hours. I'm used to slow as in 15 most of the time. I think that is slow for most standards. I was getting 21 and it was fast for me. I haven't checked it this morning. Wow was running very slow before it crashed but that may have something to do with why it crashed. I'm more concerned about customer service and of course quality of product as in are pages really slow to load, does the TV pixelate a lot, go blank like Direct TV would, etc. and how difficult to get a tech person out. I'm beginning to think that with all I pay for my service there must be gov regulations as to why these companies can use day workers or more of them to service their work to keep up with it. There has to be techs who would welcome the work since it seems to be so backed up.

cassius

Reaction score
Yep, AT&T is slower than cable modem and they do throttle your internet at times. Stick with the cable. Their knowing that you're angry might even be why the tech didn't want to knock at the end of a long day. Who knows how many attics/crawlspaces this guy had been through working his ass off. Or he could just be a lazy fucker...[/QUOTE]
Yes, I thought of that. As I was on them every few hours. But I wouldn't of screamed at someone who was here to supposedly solve the problem. The techs for the most part that I've dealt with have been good. Or they used to be. I even had two that came once and traced an outage back to Amazon. Amazon controls a lot of stuff out there. Since I was home turking, I noticed it first, then more reports came in as people came home from work and got online. The provider got in touch with Amazon and things got fixed. I feel bad for the CS people cause they have to put up with folks like me all day. I did file a report with BBB last night as online said that is one of the best ways to get results and I saw a lot of complaints against this company there. That is the better way to go I think to get results and take out frustrations.

Last edited:

MerryLou

unpalatable
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Title: Personal values and different issues(~ 5 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Kristina Jessen Hansen [A3SED8KP6VVDN2] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 0.00 Communicativity
★★★★★ 5.00 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★★ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 1 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Short survey about personal values and different issues
Time: 30 minutes
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications: Exc: [562131-17647] has not been granted;Total approved HITs is not less than 50;HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 90;Location is one of: US

Krikket

YouTube Connoisseur
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Psychology Survey: Personality (approx. 5 min.) | PANDA
Requester: SCC [AQJES07AIN6AI] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★ 4.72 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.79 Generosity
★★★★ 4.96 Fairness
★★★★ 4.94 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 265 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Answer two short questionnaires (approx. 5 min.)
Time: 45 minutes
Reward: $0.30
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95;Location is US

Business Cat

Catipalist
Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks. My neighbors have ATT. I don't know what their speed is and I asked them if me using it was going to slow it down for them and they said it wouldn't make much difference as they had a good pkg. I checked my speed during those hours. I'm used to slow as in 15 most of the time. I think that is slow for most standards. I was getting 21 and it was fast for me. I haven't checked it this morning. Wow was running very slow before it crashed but that may have something to do with why it crashed. I'm more concerned about customer service and of course quality of product as in are pages really slow to load, does the TV pixelate a lot, go blank like Direct TV would, etc. and how difficult to get a tech person out. I'm beginning to think that with all I pay for my service there must be gov regulations as to why these companies can use day workers or more of them to service their work to keep up with it. There has to be techs who would welcome the work since it seems to be so backed up.
We've got U-Verse and I've never noticed any throttling (and I download fairly regularly/pay attention to those things). It IS definitely slower than cable internet, though.

j0e

Bounty Turker
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey and social media content (3 min) | PANDA
Requester: Research Z Lab [A101B0C6MV4Y9I] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☭☭☭☭☭ 5.00 Communicativity
☭☭☭☭☭ 3.15 Generosity
☭☭☭☭☭ 5.00 Fairness
☭☭☭☭☭ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 53
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)

Description: Answer a few questions about social media content. This study will take approximately 3 minutes.
Time: 20 minutes
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $0.30
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is greater than 500; HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 96; Location is US

cassius

Reaction score
We've got U-Verse and I've never noticed any throttling (and I download fairly regularly/pay attention to those things). It IS definitely slower than cable internet, though.
Thank you. I think most people have faster speeds than I have because like I said somewhere in here I notice it is faster. But I think people are used to 30 or more and I have 15 and this is running 21. I'm wondering if I could figure out how to drop to basic TV and run the rest off of the Internet, if that would less expensive or more. Like can I watch USA and Hallmark with RoKu or do I need subscriptions for everything?

Status
Not open for further replies.