07/28 - The Grave of the Fireflies / The Borrower Arrietty Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krikket

YouTube Connoisseur
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Human Judgment and Decision-Making: Funerals(~ 5 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Boston Decision Laboratory [A15HTJTGHH26A2] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 3.24 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.73 Generosity
★★★★ 4.29 Fairness
★★★★ 4.36 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 224 | TOS Flags: 5
Submit a new TO review
Description: A short survey on judgment and decision-making. This survey contains questions about funerals.
Time: 30 minutes
HITs Available: 2
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 100;Exc: [-1705973323-17654] has not been granted;HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95;Adult Content Qualification is 1;Location is one of: US

Krikket

YouTube Connoisseur
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Survey about American singers/musicians(~ 15 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: yuandai2 [A2O4EH4K2QDQ24] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 0.00 Communicativity
★★★★ 4.80 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★★ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 5 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: A 10-15 min survey about American singers'/musicians' interactions with others on Twitter
Time: 30 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.50
Qualifications: Exc: [487320598-17555] has not been granted;Masters has been granted;Total approved HITs is not less than 50;HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 97;Location is one of: US

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
Do you guys think financing may be a decent option for a phone? Republic Wireless released their new plans and I want to get a Moto X Pure. But I can't buy it outright so was considering financing if anyone has any experience.
If you can be a bit patient not only will the price drop a bit but you won't end up paying interest - which is like throwing money away, honestly. It really depends on how bad you want it.

My wife just got the Motorola Droid Turbo 2 and I am jealous as hell of that phone. It seriously puts my old galaxy s3 to shame.

Reactions: Zacharias

Turkster

Reaction score
Do you guys think financing may be a decent option for a phone? Republic Wireless released their new plans and I want to get a Moto X Pure. But I can't buy it outright so was considering financing if anyone has any experience.
I have this phone. It has a few annoying bugs. Chrome is slow at times. The 808 processor causes lag due to the 2k screen. Rooting and flashing a ROM is a pain in the butt. That said it is still the best phone I have ever had the camera is great unless you like to take low light shots.

Liz

Babysitter
Contributor
Reaction score
Because I have a baby screaming at me,
cats screaming at me,
the mail lady honking in the driveway because she's too lazy to open a mailbox,
neighbor kids bouncing golf balls off the new siding on my house,
and because I love money.

If not for those I would never get out of bed.
Uhhhh over here, I can help :wave:

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
Depends honestly. Will the phone last the length of the term of financing it? Have to be careful there, especially with new and untested phone models.
I see. Well in terms of the Moto X Pure that has already been out for a while. I've been looking at reviews on it and people seem to like it. I'm used to keeping my phones for a long time so that isn't an issue.

I have one of those. Decent phone...can use any provider's sim card in it. Can be a little weird with some roms if you're into flashing.
Oh really? I've been debating pretty heavily between a Galaxy (I know it's higher quality but RIP wallet on the price) and the Moto X Pure. Never used roms on a phone before. All I want is a better phone than the Moto G, what I'm currently using. I got it when RW released it and it's become kind of clunky over the years.

I would take a look at the phone I already have and ask myself if it no longer serves my needs of a phone. If I thought I still wanted the new phone, I would definitely take the time to save up for it. Once I had the price saved up, I would ask myself again if my current phone didn't still serve it's purpose.

Edit: With this process, I've been rockin the Moto X (1st gen) with Republic wireless since right after it was introduced.
I was thinking of that as well. I debated just putting aside the money every week until I had enough for the phone, which I suppose is the best long-term decision without financing.

I currently use a Moto G, the first one they released. It doesn't suit my needs like it used to. My phone usage wasn't so heavy when I bought it so I didn't have much reason to use it a lot. And because of that, when I did use it, the phone met my needs. But now I need to use the phone a lot more so I want something that can keep up with that.

If you can be a bit patient not only will the price drop a bit but you won't end up paying interest - which is like throwing money away, honestly. It really depends on how bad you want it.

My wife just got the Motorola Droid Turbo 2 and I am jealous as hell of that phone. It seriously puts my old galaxy s3 to shame.
That's very true. I might just decide to save up for it after all.

I have this phone. It has a few annoying bugs. Chrome is slow at times. The 808 processor causes lag due to the 2k screen. Rooting and flashing a ROM is a pain in the butt. That said it is still the best phone I have ever had the camera is great unless you like to take low light shots.
Do you think it would run okay with applications like Perk? It plays video advertisements.

Reactions: Zacharias

Krikket

YouTube Connoisseur
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Irony Project Viewpoint Tast | PANDA
Requester: L&C Lab [A3P1G5E73ZPBZC] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 5.00 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.00 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★ 4.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 15 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: A task judging sentence irony and viewpoint stimuli.
Time: 60 minutes
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95;Location is US

Turkster

Reaction score
"Do you think it would run okay with applications like Perk? It plays video advertisements."

Absolutely! You can buy a crappy 20 dollar phone and do that too FYI. The expandable storage is very nice too on the Pure. Avoid LG if you like Soluto's lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: sinon

Metallica

Never free, never me
Contributor
Reaction score
I see. Well in terms of the Moto X Pure that has already been out for a while. I've been looking at reviews on it and people seem to like it. I'm used to keeping my phones for a long time so that isn't an issue.
I've had two Moto Pures. They're the best budget phone you can get. I pre-ordered both and loved the customization Motorola offers. They pack a pretty damn good punch for the price and blew my Note 4 away. Only complaint is the battery life isn't amazing. I personally loved the way the phone is curved and the back felt really smooth. I'd definitely say get one but please, for the love of god, don't be one of those people who ruin the look of the phone by getting a leather backing.

Turkster

Reaction score
I've had two Moto Pures. They're the best budget phone you can get. I pre-ordered both and loved the customization Motorola offers. They pack a pretty damn good punch for the price and blew my Note 4 away. Only complaint is the battery life isn't amazing. I personally loved the way the phone is curved and the back felt really smooth. I'd definitely say get one but please, for the love of god, don't be one of those people who ruin the look of the phone by getting a leather backing.
Bad battery? Mine lasts all day with moderate use 80% wifi 20% LTE on Cricket. Pretty good considering the screen size/resolution and a 3,000 mah battery.

Reactions: sinon

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
I just got bored enough to try one of those ALTA crowdsourcing transcription hits. Sucked hard. Thick accents.

Reactions: Squatty

seventhaxis

will turk for steak
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Online Comments Survey | PANDA
Requester: Paul Fombelle [AJ0MTSIIUEEJB] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 3.00 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.27 Generosity
★★★★★ 3.91 Fairness
★★★★★ 3.82 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 13 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: You are invited to participate in a research study. The goal of the study is to better understand how consumers evaluate fine dining experiences. During the survey, we will expose you to a hypothetical dining experience and ask you to evaluate it.
Reward: $0.41
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 92;Location is US

Krikket

YouTube Connoisseur
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Online Comments Survey | PANDA
Requester: Paul Fombelle [AJ0MTSIIUEEJB] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 3.00 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.27 Generosity
★★★★★ 3.91 Fairness
★★★★★ 3.82 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 13 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: You are invited to participate in a research study. The goal of the study is to better understand how consumers evaluate fine dining experiences. During the survey, we will expose you to a hypothetical dining experience and ask you to evaluate it.
Reward: $0.41
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 92;Location is US

Krikket

YouTube Connoisseur
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Jewelry Product Details Entry | PANDA
Requester: Justin Vatz [A1BAVARQB7CEVY] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 5.00 Communicativity
★★★★★ 5.00 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★★ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 1 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Take a description and picture of a jewelry item and use that information to populate product detail fields
Time: 12 minutes
HITs Available: 34
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 90;Location is US

Reactions: Matilda Jones
Status
Not open for further replies.