07/24 - Move It Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie

Reaction score
Morning folks. I ended up taking the weekend completely off. Back to it (sorta) this morning. hope everyone had a good weekend and turking is going ok so far this morning for all!

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I won't dumpster dive myself because I'm paranoid about what people think of me but I have no shame in sending someone else to do it and sharing the finds
Dumpster diving is frowned upon in some places because of bed bugs. Easy to get them from abandoned furniture etc. I've scored some great art, mirrors etc. from it though in the past.

The Bad Ash

Not Goody Little 2 Shoes
Contributor
Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Andreas Knetsch for work related to 3X7837UUACXLQN3XE4NUQONR3KUJ6R.
The value of your bonus is: $5.50 USD

The Requester included this note:
No comment provided by Requester.

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!
He's got a batch up now. Trickling in.

rjd66

Need help,send BATCHES
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Mock job application (< 10 mins) | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Carol Dweck [AIHUPB17YEDF6] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.00] [Fast: 4.38] [Comm: 1.00] [Fair: 4.50] [Reviews: 12] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: $11.84/hr] [Pen: -- days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: -- of 0] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Description:
You will read materials related to job application and answer questions (you need to pass a pre-screen test)
Time: 20 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.60
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.21.11

lil queen trashmouth

Pile of ham
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: a survey about helping behaviors | PANDA
Requester: SPL [A1O0HLPK05P6JY] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 2.50] [Fast: 4.80] [Comm: 4.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 13] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: $3.56/hr] [Pen: -- days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 0% of 2] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Description:
Give us your opinion about helping behaviors
Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Reward: $2.00
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 5000; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95; Location is US;

Bubbly but under 10 minutes for me

TinaBanina

Yarn Hoarder
Contributor
HIT Poster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
I am more surprised you got something back! But good on them for looking into it
I have written to CS a few times to see if there's a way to change your location and they always reply. They can't help, but I've always gotten something back.

Reactions: TheresaofAlbion

TheresaofAlbion

Working for noms
Contributor
Reaction score
I have written to CS a few times to see if there's a way to change your location and they always reply. They can't help, but I've always gotten something back.
The location thing drives me batty. I started turk in OK two years ago. Moved to KS 6 months later. Still 'stuck' in OK thanks to turk

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Dumpster diving is frowned upon in some places because of bed bugs. Easy to get them from abandoned furniture etc. I've scored some great art, mirrors etc. from it though in the past.
i always double-bag anything fabric and let it sit for a few days, then very very carefully look through them to check for bed bugs. Everything else gets wiped down with either clorox or straight bleach, then water. I've never dealt with bed bugs and hopefully I'll never have to :/

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
i always double-bag anything fabric and let it sit for a few days, then very very carefully look through them to check for bed bugs. Everything else gets wiped down with either clorox or straight bleach, then water. I've never dealt with bed bugs and hopefully I'll never have to :/
That really is all you can do. You are being diligent which is great. A family member had them and they are a PITA to get rid of. Big problem especially in large cities and apartments. Easy for them to spread. If you live in a house sure you can still get them but they won't affect your neighbors as easily.

It's Gamera!

Flippant Amniote
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Bedbugs are the absolute bane of humanity. Worse than Hitler, runny eggs, global warming, tax law, CGI apes with guns and this guy combined:

Last edited:

cassius

Reaction score
The x and I had moved in together in Houston and I was getting rid of some stuff I didn't use anymore. This was a while ago. I had some bags filled with stuff so I asked him if he wouldn't mind driving that stuff up to the dumpster as they were too far to walk with all of that. Then I said something he found strange. I asked him to please put them gently into the dumpster. He looked at me like I was crazy. Why? I said you'll see. So he did what I asked him and he said he hadn't unloaded it all before a Hispanic woman was taking the things away. When he came back and told me this I said, yeah, I figured that out a while back and decided if someone could get use out of it even if they sold it, it was better than the landfill. I learned that several years before when I lived in the Greenspoint area before it became known as Gunpoint Mall and Madona could stay at the hotel there and safely go on her morning jog.

bxpretzel

Ari Gold
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Survey: $0.30 pre-screen~opportunity for $1.70(~ 10 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Jennifer [A3BHJR4P6RKJFE] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 0.00] [Fast: 1.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 0.00] [Reviews: 2] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
Not Available
Description: easy perception survey
Time: 60 minutes
Reward: $0.30
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 87; Exc: [1513043525-51325] has not been granted; Location is one of: US;

TinaBanina

Yarn Hoarder
Contributor
HIT Poster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
The location thing drives me batty. I started turk in OK two years ago. Moved to KS 6 months later. Still 'stuck' in OK thanks to turk
Yes, it drives me insane. Wouldn't it be easy to just put up a qual so we could change it? I mean, I get that I'm not missing much because most are US, but still.

Reactions: TheresaofAlbion

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
The x and I had moved in together in Houston and I was getting rid of some stuff I didn't use anymore. This was a while ago. I had some bags filled with stuff so I asked him if he wouldn't mind driving that stuff up to the dumpster as they were too far to walk with all of that. Then I said something he found strange. I asked him to please put them gently into the dumpster. He looked at me like I was crazy. Why? I said you'll see. So he did what I asked him and he said he hadn't unloaded it all before a Hispanic woman was taking the things away. When he came back and told me this I said, yeah, I figured that out a while back and decided if someone could get use out of it even if they sold it, it was better than the landfill. I learned that several years before when I lived in the Greenspoint area before it became known as Gunpoint Mall and Madona could stay at the hotel there and safely go on her morning jog.
People should definitely dispose of things properly. Many places will even come and pick it up for you. I'd much rather see someone get use out of something than it cluttering up the side of the road or the landfill. Every time I move I have an open house to sell or give away anything I don't want anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: kryss and cassius
Status
Not open for further replies.