06/01 - This Lovely Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piro

Here not There
Reaction score
It's a real struggle not having every closed qual out there, I feel for you.

:hug:
Back on the hunt after losing my bread n butter batch:meh:. They come and go.

Reactions: Pleco

minkyboodle

"And there you have it"
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Sadly no. Everyone just stood there looking shocked. If I wasn't so far back in line I definitely would have.

I agree, most people aren't generally mean, but have other issues going on. Still felt bad for the poor girl though.
Oh, that's definitely understandable. When I don't have the courage to confront the person, I tend to apologize to the clerk on behalf of my fellow human, and do everything to make/him her smile and know that it's not their fault. The best thing is when people behind you do the same.
I worked as a cashier for about 3 months before I found turk, was just trying to get extra money for Christmas and birthdays. You wouldn't believe how many people take out all of their frustrations on grocery store cashiers. I almost got assaulted over a wounded warrior donation. The guy was determined to make some kind of example of me and how dare I ask and a whole lot of other stuff. I tried to tell him that it was my job and I would lose said job if I didn't ask.... he just yelled at me more and longer. I think he was trying to make me cry.... I didn't, until he left the store... then I cried through my next 5 people. They were as shell shocked as I was. The last straw was working on Thanksgiving day and having some ahole scream at me because all we had left were frozen turkeys. That was my last shift. Ever.
Gah, that sounds about right.. I'm sorry you had to deal with that. <3
There is an exception to every rule. :wink:

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I worked as a cashier for about 3 months before I found turk, was just trying to get extra money for Christmas and birthdays. You wouldn't believe how many people take out all of their frustrations on grocery store cashiers. I almost got assaulted over a wounded warrior donation. The guy was determined to make some kind of example of me and how dare I ask and a whole lot of other stuff. I tried to tell him that it was my job and I would lose said job if I didn't ask.... he just yelled at me more and longer. I think he was trying to make me cry.... I didn't, until he left the store... then I cried through my next 5 people. They were as shell shocked as I was. The last straw was working on Thanksgiving day and having some ahole scream at me because all we had left were frozen turkeys. That was my last shift. Ever.
Dealing with people daily face to face is the worst. I worked in retail/restaurants for a very long time and do not miss those kinds of days. People tend to treat you like a servant. Sometimes they just don't know better but others are just mean. :thumbdown:

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Everyday behavior(~ 10 minutes) | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Katharina Köster [A3HBBAVGZIWDED] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.82] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 29] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: $6.00/hr] [Pen: -- days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: -- of 0] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Description:
a short survey
Time: 40 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 100; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95; Location is one of: US; Exc: [-1054494353-45267] has not been granted;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.21.10

LowCalCalzone

Legalize Ranch
Contributor
Reaction score
Oh, that's definitely understandable. When I don't have the courage to confront the person, I tend to apologize to the clerk on behalf of my fellow human, and do everything to make/him her smile and know that it's not their fault. The best thing is when people behind you do the same.

Gah, that sounds about right.. I'm sorry you had to deal with that. <3

There is an exception to every rule. :wink:
Yeah I talked to her a bit when I got to the front. Called the guy a bunch of obscenities and didn't realize there was a family with small children standing behind me. :censored:

Status
Not open for further replies.