04/27 - The Hunt for Hits on Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey did anyone else get this email :

We will be running an online multiplayer game as part of a MIT scientific project.
The qualification HIT will be on Friday the 28th of April at 1PM EDT time.
The actual HIT will be also on Friday (the same day as the qual HIT) at 2PM EDT (one hour after the qualification HIT).
We will run the HIT batch again in the coming day (x4 times) with no repeat takers (participants are allowed to play the game only once). If you have been granted the "Guess the Correlation Score" qualification, then you will not be able to participate.
In the HIT, you will be asked to guess the correlation from a scatter plot (with a twist).
The game must be played from a desktop or laptop (No mobile support).

The Qualification HIT title: (Qual HIT) Guess the correlation and get up to $10.
The Actual HIT: it will be a separate HIT that we will submit at 2PM EDT time. More details about this will be provided in the qualifying HIT.
Requester: Abdullah (Human Dynamics Lab) [AGEIRIHRRYV6P]
I didn't get it today, but I got it a few days ago when he ran the experiment then. He's run it a few times.

D

Deleted member 526

"Currently, for every one hour of paid work, crowdworkers average 18 minutes of unpaid work looking for the job, reading reviews about the requester to ensure they are fair and honest, reading the instructions for the job and taking unpaid qualification tests."
Source: http://www.ilo.org/wcmsp5/groups/pu...travail/documents/publication/wcms_479693.pdf
reading instructions gets me every time. that's why I rarely work on batches that have caps or small batches.

Mikeyyyyy

Contributor
Champion
Reaction score
Hey did anyone else get this email :

We will be running an online multiplayer game as part of a MIT scientific project.
The qualification HIT will be on Friday the 28th of April at 1PM EDT time.
The actual HIT will be also on Friday (the same day as the qual HIT) at 2PM EDT (one hour after the qualification HIT).
We will run the HIT batch again in the coming day (x4 times) with no repeat takers (participants are allowed to play the game only once). If you have been granted the "Guess the Correlation Score" qualification, then you will not be able to participate.
In the HIT, you will be asked to guess the correlation from a scatter plot (with a twist).
The game must be played from a desktop or laptop (No mobile support).

The Qualification HIT title: (Qual HIT) Guess the correlation and get up to $10.
The Actual HIT: it will be a separate HIT that we will submit at 2PM EDT time. More details about this will be provided in the qualifying HIT.
Requester: Abdullah (Human Dynamics Lab) [AGEIRIHRRYV6P]
Sure did, the last correlation game they did was pretty cool, definitely worth the time & pay.

Just another turker

I don't need no stinking Masters!
Contributor
Reaction score
I didn't get it today, but I got it a few days ago when he ran the experiment then. He's run it a few times.

Yeah I did it the other day and I wasn't sure if this is new or that makes me disqualified

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah I did it the other day and I wasn't sure if this is new or that makes me disqualified
He gave a qual to everyone who did the whole thing before, so if you got the email and qual for an upcoming one, you probably get to do it. He has a few threads about the HITs and his qual system in the Requester section.

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
who's playing QB for the Browns this coming year?

Reactions: Kerek
D

Deleted member 526

I just realized I don't think scoutit has been cluttering up mturk lately. or maybe I don't notice them anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.