04/14 - Financially Fabulous Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, when I got out of the Navy, I jumped into a Peterbilt and went trucking for the next 20 years. Until I got 2 and a half million miles in and then I quit and never went back.
You did what I should have probably done. On the other hand, when my first Army tour was up (4 years) the Army offered me E-6 if I'd stay in, and NSA offered me GS-7 or -8 (can't recall which), and I shoulda done one of those. But, here we are, both TURKING! :) One of my brother's joined the Navy; I don't think ya can't go wrong working for the military, whichever one. I was born in '47; you?

Kessikitty

Issac the Todd
Contributor
Reaction score
YAY I helped someone :) day saved
You really did. I got panicky cus my knee is still hurting just as bad as when I first injured yesterday morning and icing has been near impossible because we just don't have stuff. I have to walk to the store tomorrow and I need my knee to be better or I can't.

klingeemonster

Does this poncho make me look fat?
Contributor
Reaction score
You did what I should have probably done. On the other hand, when my first Army tour was up (4 years) the Army offered me E-6 if I'd stay in, and NSA offered me GS-7 or -8 (can't recall which), and I shoulda done one of those. But, here we are, both TURKING! :) One of my brother's joined the Navy; I don't think ya can't go wrong working for the military, whichever one. I was born in '47; you?
1965 and I would have gone for the NSA

Reactions: ChristopherASA

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
1965 and I would have gone for the NSA
Sixty-five. God. You're a PUP! :)

I was an E-5 serving at the NSA complex at Ft. Meade; either way, I could have been sent overseas had I not made it a condition for my "re-enlistment." Civilians and military co-serve at the main NSA complex: no diff; same job, same work areas.

Reactions: klingeemonster
Status
Not open for further replies.