04/11 - More Information Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
There isn't an exact amount so I'm guessing it's tied into how many hits you've done, how long you've been here and how many rejects you've gotten. Course who know's with Amazon.
From what I gather it's rather arbitrary, and I'm not even sure that you have to get blocks to get your account suspended. Whatever algorithm they are using is more than likely made up by some person who has Mturk as a secondary assignment.

catnapped

Relatively Unknown Member
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Thank you Mr Mullen

$160.46 :bode:

Lepi

Some Kind of Sneaky Witch Thief
Contributor
Reaction score
From what I gather it's rather arbitrary, and I'm not even sure that you have to get blocks to get your account suspended. Whatever algorithm they are using is more than likely made up by some person who has Mturk as a secondary assignment.
You can get your account suspended for a bunch of random reasons. I think Tribune recently had his taken away because his requester quals had "obscene" names. Low accuracy on HITs is a more common reason, but what qualifies as "low" isn't clear- some people got tagged as having poor accuracy, when their accounts were at 97 percent, which is widely considered "Pretty OK". You can get suspended if Amazon tries to verify some kind of account information and fails (can happen if you change addresses).

Basically Amazon has a really really really long list of things you're not supposed to do, but they aren't terribly interested in telling you what's on the list.

Reactions: Lenna15

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Ugh, I know you're all having good days but I think today is terrible.
Feast or famine type day.
You either were lucky enough to catch the high paying HITs or you were caught out in the rain :rain:

Reactions: catnapped

neeb2k3

Reaction score
Will freeze on me half way through a hit. Damnit!

DCI

Reaction score
Interesting new little message from mTurk when a you try to accept a HIT, note that last line

I haven't been on mturk much lately, but I was wondering if this is what causes the annoying whiffing on batches that aren't gone.

WBCS366

I'm a bad boy
Reaction score
The only thing it seems to be tied to is that getting a lot of blocks in a short period of time is worse than getting them over a longer period of time. But even then it's not a science, and it doesn't have anything to do with your HIT stats.
My ex had 400 hits within 7 months and got 2 blocks about 4 months apart and got banned after the second one. That's what makes me think it was tied to hits too. Then again as you both say, who knows with Amazon.

Tuesday

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
You can get your account suspended for a bunch of random reasons. I think Tribune recently had his taken away because his requester quals had "obscene" names. Low accuracy on HITs is a more common reason, but what qualifies as "low" isn't clear- some people got tagged as having poor accuracy, when their accounts were at 97 percent, which is widely considered "Pretty OK". You can get suspended if Amazon tries to verify some kind of account information and fails (can happen if you change addresses).

Basically Amazon has a really really really long list of things you're not supposed to do, but they aren't terribly interested in telling you what's on the list.
On the opposite side of the coin, Amazon can choose to reward you for arbitrary reasons. It's like living in a made up world with made up rules. I've read some sci-fi novels like this. (By the way, Octavia Butler is awesome) I think the person who finally figures this all out will be a bit of a folk hero. The average worker might end up singing praises to the God of Mturk Explanations for a very long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.