03/16 - Saxicoline Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mew

Not a bot. I am a girl.
^_^
Reaction score
Welcome to today's MTurk Crowd work thread!

Please check out the forum guidelines.

Maybe you need some help getting started?

Want more info about how the forum works?

Would you like to contribute an idea about the future of the forum? Feel free to share your thoughts here.

If you are interested in creating a daily thread, please tag @dibs to let everyone know that you would like to claim the next day. It is first come, first serve and thread must be created and posted by 3a EST/12a PST.

Please let a mod know if you have any questions, and have a great turking day! - MTC staff

I am a bot and this is an automated daily thread post. If you would like to post a daily thread, just make sure you post it before I do at 12:05 AM PT. Out of a courtesy to others that may wish to make the thread, please tag @dibs to let everyone know that you are making it. The old thread will auto-lock on its own.

You can find more information about how to format a daily thread post here.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
NATIONAL CURL CRUSH DAY
NATIONAL PANDA DAY
NATIONAL ARTICHOKE HEARTS DAY
NATIONAL EVERYTHING YOU DO IS RIGHT DAY
NATIONAL FREEDOM OF INFORMATION DAY
NATIONAL QUILTING DAY
NATIONAL CORN DOG DAY

Reactions: JanetW and Blakkat

jan

Reaction score
HelloHello @HelloHello for 25 dollars?

I don't knit blankets and use it there - so I don't know. In my projects it's easy enough on needles. So. I'm not sure

Last edited:
Reactions: HelloHello

cassius

Reaction score
got a picture yesterday from someone living in colorado. they were standing in quite a bit of snow with a yardstick measuring it. Looks like about 18 inches.

Reactions: HelloHello and jan

jan

Reaction score
got a picture yesterday from someone living in colorado. they were standing in quite a bit of snow with a yardstick measuring it. Looks like about 18 inches.
meanwhile in what is supposed to be a much snowier state, we're headed up to 55.

Honestly, I worry about my peach tree. Last year we got a hard freeze when the trees had buds. It's so warm right now - and dips down every night (we aren't supposed to warm up, really until late April)

I don't want to lose all my peaches again :(

cassius

Reaction score
meanwhile in what is supposed to be a much snowier state, we're headed up to 55.

Honestly, I worry about my peach tree. Last year we got a hard freeze when the trees had buds. It's so warm right now - and dips down every night (we aren't supposed to warm up, really until late April)

I don't want to lose all my peaches again :(
we've had so much rain and warmer weather than we ought to have this year. i don't think the ground every really froze, not deep like it's supposed to. ducks at the pond ignore me when i bring food. so, stopped feeding daily. they can do their job of getting those bugs and things out of the ground and water to earn their keep. must be plenty since they weren't frozen off. i will take them some corn since they are used to it. just not so much and many of the hens have disappeared to nests anyway. it did make it easier this week to not have to worry about them so much while i was spending all of my free time at hospital. finally got him transferred to cleveland last evening. but i know my driving limitations. so, i'm here. he's there. i'll have to find a way to get there. sometimes i wish we could still travel by train. but technology didn't help that infrastructure. bus, if there was a bus stop in these boonies. but there's not. when i was young and just starting i went all over on the bus. but that was another town also, where there was a bus stop. don't think it's there anymore. cats don't know what to think. their buddy isn't here. seemed like every time i came home, i fed them something. i keep wet treats around for that. used to keep them in bedroom so they don't run out front door. but got a child gate which clumsily helps keep them away from the door when i go in and out. they didn't like being shut in bedroom, it is large enough, but they want to be out and about. i didn't feel like making them do that while i had to be away. and there's always the frustrations of advocating for him. things he ought to have done months ago and I told him to do them. but men, they think they will live forever. well several of those were done this week at the last minute. NP came in yesterday morning and said he may never get a bed in cleveland and they would have to do what they could here without a neurologist. i had a feeling something was going to happen though and stopped at the local grocery and ordered cheese and fruit plates for the floor staff to say thank you. i was putting on my coat last night and the charge nurse came in and said he had a bed. so, i took off my coat, got the info, texted his kids, and started packing as little as possible, per nurse instructions. his military unit organizer came in on thursday and told him how things are now. and what he needs to get done. she's pushy. i told him i am taking my lessons from her. she sent visitors to him from his unit also. so, he had company while he was in the hospital. i did wish his kids came in more to see him. they were there last night waiting for the transfer. i'm not sure they can handle their normally healthy dad being so ill. or since his illness doesn't mostly show, it hasn't really hit them yet. on it goes, this thing called life. such a strange thing.

jan

Reaction score
we've had so much rain and warmer weather than we ought to have this year. i don't think the ground every really froze, not deep like it's supposed to. ducks at the pond ignore me when i bring food. so, stopped feeding daily. they can do their job of getting those bugs and things out of the ground and water to earn their keep. must be plenty since they weren't frozen off. i will take them some corn since they are used to it. just not so much and many of the hens have disappeared to nests anyway. it did make it easier this week to not have to worry about them so much while i was spending all of my free time at hospital. finally got him transferred to cleveland last evening. but i know my driving limitations. so, i'm here. he's there. i'll have to find a way to get there. sometimes i wish we could still travel by train. but technology didn't help that infrastructure. bus, if there was a bus stop in these boonies. but there's not. when i was young and just starting i went all over on the bus. but that was another town also, where there was a bus stop. don't think it's there anymore. cats don't know what to think. their buddy isn't here. seemed like every time i came home, i fed them something. i keep wet treats around for that. used to keep them in bedroom so they don't run out front door. but got a child gate which clumsily helps keep them away from the door when i go in and out. they didn't like being shut in bedroom, it is large enough, but they want to be out and about. i didn't feel like making them do that while i had to be away. and there's always the frustrations of advocating for him. things he ought to have done months ago and I told him to do them. but men, they think they will live forever. well several of those were done this week at the last minute. NP came in yesterday morning and said he may never get a bed in cleveland and they would have to do what they could here without a neurologist. i had a feeling something was going to happen though and stopped at the local grocery and ordered cheese and fruit plates for the floor staff to say thank you. i was putting on my coat last night and the charge nurse came in and said he had a bed. so, i took off my coat, got the info, texted his kids, and started packing as little as possible, per nurse instructions. his military unit organizer came in on thursday and told him how things are now. and what he needs to get done. she's pushy. i told him i am taking my lessons from her. she sent visitors to him from his unit also. so, he had company while he was in the hospital. i did wish his kids came in more to see him. they were there last night waiting for the transfer. i'm not sure they can handle their normally healthy dad being so ill. or since his illness doesn't mostly show, it hasn't really hit them yet. on it goes, this thing called life. such a strange thing.
I'm so sorry. I'm glad he's getting the care he needs and deserves.

But so very hard
❤

HelloHello

Reaction score
Title: Reward learning experiment! $4 base pay + $1-2 bonus (25 minutes)(~ 25 minutes) • Accept
Requester: Samuel Gershman [A1NLXULMPXG1OY] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$20.94][Pay=Good][Approval=~24 hrs][Comm=Acceptable][Rej=0][Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.08][Fast=4.78][Comm=4.26][Fair=4.94][Reviews=133][ToS=0]
Reward: $4.00
Duration: 01:30:00
Available: 1
Description: In this game, you will press keys on the keyboard in response to images to get reward points. The more reward points you get, the more money you will earn!
Qualifications: Exc: [1396665222-442336] DoesNotExist ; islfvr8491 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Location In US

Reactions: Blakkat

HelloHello

Reaction score
Title: Academic survey about how we make decisions(~ 10 minutes) • Accept
Requester: Martha Jeong [A1O6WRS4TR3H2D] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$11.71][Pay=Fair][Approval=~24 hrs][Comm=Unrated][Rej=0][Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.30][Fast=4.67][Comm=3.80][Fair=4.50][Reviews=81][ToS=3]
Reward: $1.25
Duration: 01:00:00
Available: 89
Description: Watch a short video and make decisions
Qualifications: Exc: [71194651-442340] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500; islfvr8491 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98; Location In US

Reactions: JanetW and Blakkat

jan

Reaction score
I'm still working on the basket. Got a few things that are for a doll house (she's building one). I'm going to go out tomorrow and look for a few more things :)

Reactions: HelloHello

HelloHello

Reaction score
I'm still working on the basket. Got a few things that are for a doll house (she's building one). I'm going to go out tomorrow and look for a few more things :)
I've always wanted to build a doll house. Haven't pulled the trigger yet on it.

Reactions: jan

HelloHello

Reaction score
I'd like to see some pics of the doll house when she is comfortable showing them.

Reactions: jan

TissueHime

Thread Maker Extraordinaire
Threaderator
Reaction score
1 hour left for dibs!
if you do call it, please tag me or else I might miss it

Status
Not open for further replies.