Status
Not open for further replies.

humbleturker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Survey on Employment Satisfaction and Retirement(~ 10 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: NerdLab Lab Group [ATMRMLDNGYDJT] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 3.45] [Fair: 4.73] [Comm: 4.07] [Fast: 4.51]
Description:
Survey for Employed or Retired People Ages 50-80
Time: 30 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 100; Exc: [1169035-36384] has not been granted; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 80; Location is one of: US;

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Kadauchi @Kadauchi Sorry to bug you, but how would I set a pulldown menu to a specific value? It looks like this when I inspect:

I tried ; but it doesn't seem to do anything

Edit: Kind of moot now as all the HITs disappeared while I messed with that, but still would be good to know for the future

Edit 2: Just tried $('select>option:eq(3)').attr('selected', true); and it works for the first pulldown but not the rest
try
$("topic_relevance_4").val("off").change();

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Kadauchi @Kadauchi Sorry to bug you, but how would I set a pulldown menu to a specific value? It looks like this when I inspect:

I tried $("topic_relevance_4").val("off"); but it doesn't seem to do anything

Edit: Kind of moot now as all the HITs disappeared while I messed with that, but still would be good to know for the future

Edit 2: Just tried $('select>option:eq(3)').attr('selected', true); and it works for the first pulldown but not the rest
try
$("topic_relevance_4").val("off").change();
$('select>option:eq(3)').attr('selected', true);

is picking the fourth time an option is directly a child of a select, which would only be in the first drop down. So you'd have to do like $('select>option:eq(10)').attr('selected', true); or whatever for the next drop down.

You want something like

$("select[name=topic_relevance_4]").val("off");

The plain selectors like $("topic_relevance_4") are for tags like select, not attributes like names.

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

is picking the fourth time an option is directly a child of a select, which would only be in the first drop down. So you'd have to do like $('select>option:eq(10)').attr('selected', true); or whatever for the next drop down.

You want something like

The plain selectors like $("topic_relevance_4") are for tags like select, not attributes like names.
Success! Thank you both.

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

You want something like

Thanks Kerek @Kerek
I was wondering if it wasn't firing the selection due to it being hidden by the drop down.
This is more complex, but better :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Kerek and Starslip

humbleturker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
There is work up, but both batches I wouldn't mind working on are both broken. :shrug:
i emailed alegion overnight. he got back to me super early and said its not the hits themselves that are broken, but a problem with the server that hosts the images. he said it should be fixed later in the day. this was at 6am so eh

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
So let me tell you guys about my trip to steak 'n shake this afternoon. ( Kerek @Kerek)

I met everyone there. In total, we had a party of 5. We waited 35 minutes for a server to even come get our drink order, while 8+ other parties were seated, drinks and orders taken AND food received. Our waitress was MIA. I don't mind waiting, it's not a big deal. She said she was on break at the time and no one told her she had a table. Fair enough. She brings our drinks and while she's sitting my water down on the table, she dumps the tray with 2 other waters and a coke in my lap, all over the table, all over my phone. At this point I am soaked from chest to toe...... My chucks are even soaked.... This was such an unfortunate trip to steak 'n shake...

This is why steak 'n shake is terrible
Obviously, someone should have been covering here table for her while she was on break, if the break was legit, even if it had to be the "manager." ... And it sounds as though she not only served one of you coke, but possibly had some, if you get my drift. And, pardon me a bit for saying this, but no one should wait for 35 minutes for service. What you do is you get up and leave after about 8 minutes (at...the...most).

Reactions: Peachy

Doom Kitten

Reaction score
Title: Modify Product description to Create Item Description for Website | PANDA
Requester: ART [A2QNH2IEA1HQOR] (TO)
TO Ratings:
TO Unavailable
Submit a new TO review
Description: Modify product description to create item descriptions for 150 items (group of items make up 1 product). Create Item Descriptions that are Informative, Customer-Centric & SEO friendly. The length of one description is between 75 to 150 words.
Time: 5 hours
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $10.00
Qualifications: None

Reactions: Michele
Status
Not open for further replies.