02/20 - Meals to Masticate on Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horse Feathers

There's no future in time travel.
Contributor
Reaction score
I have quite a bit of money sitting to be transferred into my payments account. Like a lot of money. I've been living very frugal the last month. Like VERY frugal. I guess I just feel like I have the mojo more when I know I have the comfort of withdrawing that money in the future. I know it's a little dangerous because something flukey could happen with my account and I could lose access to even transferring the money, but I don't know.

I have withdrawed very small chunks at a time ($15-45) the last few weeks, but I just feel like if I withdrawed a large portion of it or even all of it - my mojo would go down seeing "$0.00" again.

I guess I'm just a very delicately mental person. And I don't want to lose the flow I've been in

(excluding low earning days like today)
(took it easy)
Not to be a downer but that is risky knowing some people have gotten their accounts suspended at which point Amazon keeps their money. You just never know.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Decision making task vEG (possible bonus $2.00 and more) | PANDA
Requester: Yale Institute for Network Science [A2CGQ5942WIRAV] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 4.24] [Fair: 4.92] [Comm: 4.21] [Fast: 4.91] [Reviews: 175] [ToS: 0]
Description:
Perform a decision making task with other Mechanical Turk workers. To complete this HIT, you will participate in several iterations of a game. The HIT will take 15-20 minutes in total to complete. Please allow enough time to fully complete this task. If you accept this HIT you will have to fully participate in the task in order to get paid. Note that this game requires an exact number of workers. If we recruit too many or too few workers you will be paid the basic reward but the game will not begin. We do not allow repeat workers; if you have worked on a HIT titled "Decision making task vEG” and the game began, you will be asked to return the HIT.
Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: None;

HIT posted from Mturk Suite v1.11.7
Starting in 4 minutes.

TissueHime

Thread Maker Extraordinaire
Threaderator
Reaction score
50 minutes left for dibs!
if you do call it, please tag me or else I might miss it

TissueHime

Threaderator
Reaction score
still no email from the election, bonus or a response.

T. Leela

Oh Lord...
Contributor
Reaction score
I have quite a bit of money sitting to be transferred into my payments account. Like a lot of money. I've been living very frugal the last month. Like VERY frugal. I guess I just feel like I have the mojo more when I know I have the comfort of withdrawing that money in the future. I know it's a little dangerous because something flukey could happen with my account and I could lose access to even transferring the money, but I don't know.

I have withdrawed very small chunks at a time ($15-45) the last few weeks, but I just feel like if I withdrawed a large portion of it or even all of it - my mojo would go down seeing "$0.00" again.

I guess I'm just a very delicately mental person. And I don't want to lose the flow I've been in

(excluding low earning days like today)
(took it easy)
Oddly this makes total sense to me. I don't feel like it should, but it does.

Reactions: Peachy

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Not to be a downer but that is risky knowing some people have gotten their accounts suspended at which point Amazon keeps their money. You just never know.
I agree. I'd transfer at least half of it to Payments.
I don't know. It's like working and getting a paycheck. Then you leave that paycheck with your boss who has no concern for your well-being and can fire you at a moments notice. And when they do, you AGREE that they can have all the money you let them hold. :eek::eek::eek:

ducky

good brain, good life
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score

T. Leela

Oh Lord...
Contributor
Reaction score

I don't know. It's like working and getting a paycheck. Then you leave that paycheck with your boss who has no concern for your well-being and can fire you at a moments notice. And when they do, you AGREE that they can have all the money you let them hold. :eek::eek::eek:
mostly it's the mindset behind it I get.

Reactions: ducky and Jerami

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score

i'll probably withdraw most it in the next week or so because 1) I need the money and 2) because all the reasons you guys stated. I've also left most of the money there because sometimes I spend it on things I don't need when I have it in my possession

Last edited:

TissueHime

Threaderator
Reaction score
im curious, did you use the new link when they were having server issues?
nope
i never had the issues with the original one so i never had to use the new link. They only said to use the new link if you had issues or something like that.

Reactions: ducky

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
mostly it's the mindset behind it I get.
I understand but, it's a real mojo killer when you worked for $1000, or whatever, but want to risk it for superstition. I'd hate to see something happen and have him be forced to live frugally and find other ways of making money, heaven forbid.:)

EDIT but, to each their own. Prefs, yo.

Last edited:
Reactions: Peachy

Concise

Buddhist Bacchante
Reaction score
Title: Study on decision-making(~ 10 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: BSHbdbn [A23SNCIJUVP41F] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 4.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Reviews: 3] [ToS: 0]
Description:
Complete a task. Bonus opportunities based on accuracy
Time: 30 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.25
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 100; Exc: [955482-33945] has not been granted; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 69; Location is one of: US;

~7 min. {bonus makes it worth it}

Reactions: Jerami

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.