02/17 - Frap Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildcat

Reaction score
For those who have gotten rejections. Did any of the HITs you did for him get approved? I'm not touching him again regardless, but it seems especially bold to post this new large batch having not approved any of the earlier work.

ducky

good brain, good life
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
I might shoot a quick email to [specific company location where he works to save mods time editing out things] regarding his ethics since I found the appropriate contact info. Since it's actually relevant to their business and all.
the internet is a scary place

Reactions: Umaritimus

ecko

Contributor
Reaction score
For those who have gotten rejections. Did any of the HITs you did for him get approved? I'm not touching him again regardless, but it seems especially bold to post this new large batch having not approved any of the earlier work.
Not that I have heard of.

Reactions: Wildcat

rsclone

This is my partner Fellatio Del Toro
Banned
Reaction score
I might shoot a quick email to [specific company location where he works to save mods time editing out things] regarding his ethics since I found the appropriate contact info. Since it's actually relevant to their business and all.
I was just wondering if this was work that he was supposed to do at said company, but was putting up on Mturk and getting his work done for free...

YAHU

YAHUUUUUUU
Contributor
Reaction score
99% of the time when a requester mass rejects, they simply don't understand how MTurk works and want to reject all of the work that they can't use, not realizing that it impacts the workers in any way. Hanlon's razor, my friends.
I wonder what YAHU's razor states

Wildcat

Reaction score
99% of the time when a requester mass rejects, they simply don't understand how MTurk works and want to reject all of the work that they can't use, not realizing that it impacts the workers in any way. Hanlon's razor, my friends.
In this case I was thinking it was intentional. He posted one batch, then another and both were smaller I believe unless I saw them late. If there really were errors with both batches not getting the right data, would he then really drop a much larger batch of over 3k+ hits? Things weren't going well, not sure why you'd increase the amount of work at that point.

rsclone

This is my partner Fellatio Del Toro
Banned
Reaction score
but if said requester works at a related Mturk company....no excuse...

ecko

Contributor
Reaction score
In this case I was thinking it was intentional. He posted one batch, then another and both were smaller I believe unless I saw them late. If there really were errors with both batches not getting the right data, would he then really drop a much larger batch of over 3k+ hits? Things weren't going well, not sure why you'd increase the amount of work at that point.
Not to mention people have reached out and explained what happened. At least that is what was posted here. Either way, it sucks but all we should really do is move on and not waste any more time on the guy.

Umaritimus

Prince of Hufflepuff
Reaction score
Lol I come back 5 hours later and this is still the topic of discussion, is the same stuff going on with him?

Reactions: kryss

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Is the current batch broken? Could it be that he fixed it after a couple of trial and errors? Could this all be automated and he went to bed?

Sure he could be spitefully and intentionally rejecting people just so he can keep reposting hits but that seems like a lot more work than necessary. Also. think of ALL the email he's gonna get (or has already gotten.)

Status
Not open for further replies.