02/15 - We Get Frugal on Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueSkyHippie

Graveyard Queen
Contributor
Reaction score
They also have a period of time to decide if they want to join the Church, up to ten years and during that time they do no have to conform to Amish rules. They have to freely join the Church and until they do they get to party and use any technology they want.
Our Amish dude is around our age, has 9 daughters and 5 sons. The Amish kids around here have been known to pimp out their buggies with sound systems and LED lights. It's kind of funny.

ctraltDel

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Decision making task vEG (possible bonus $2.00 and more) | PANDA
Requester: Yale Institute for Network Science [A2CGQ5942WIRAV] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 4.25] [Fair: 4.92] [Comm: 4.21] [Fast: 4.91]
Description:
Perform a decision making task with other Mechanical Turk workers. To complete this HIT, you will participate in several iterations of a game. The HIT will take 15-20 minutes in total to complete. Please allow enough time to fully complete this task. If you accept this HIT you will have to fully participate in the task in order to get paid. Note that this game requires an exact number of workers. If we recruit too many or too few workers you will be paid the basic reward but the game will not begin. We do not allow repeat workers; if you have worked on a HIT titled "Decision making task vEG” and the game began, you will be asked to return the HIT.
Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: None

time to find out if I actually am playing this game this time...

T. Leela

Oh Lord...
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey Pleco @Plecasso. I was just thinking of you and plastic food. And it reminded me of when my friend and sister in law (same person, and in that order) had just started working at a bakery and accidentally sold someone a cardboard display cake for some event. They were not happy.
Anyway so I thought I'd share. The story, not the cake. I hope you got some work done and real food, eventually.

Matilda Jones

Grey Ghost
Contributor
Reaction score
They also have a period of time to decide if they want to join the Church, up to ten years and during that time they do no have to conform to Amish rules. They have to freely join the Church and until they do they get to party and use any technology they want.
Plus RUMSPRINGA! (disclaimer: my knowledge of the Amish is mostly from the movie Sex Drive and Vanilla Ice goes Amish)

klingeemonster

Does this poncho make me look fat?
Contributor
Reaction score
Plus RUMSPRINGA! (disclaimer: my knowledge of the Amish is mostly from the movie Sex Drive and Vanilla Ice goes Amish)
Yes, that is the name ,I just could not remember it. I once watched a documentary on it and they go wild during that time.

nopoopwarez

Contributor
Reaction score

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Hey Pleco @Plecasso. I was just thinking of you and plastic food. And it reminded me of when my friend and sister in law (same person, and in that order) had just started working at a bakery and accidentally sold someone a cardboard display cake for some event. They were not happy.
Anyway so I thought I'd share. The story, not the cake. I hope you got some work done and real food, eventually.
I know how they feel, every time I go buy a pizza at Little Caesar's they sell me a cardboard one instead.

Wasn't able to get much work done because I went to get a haircut today.

Reactions: ducky and Jaded

T. Leela

Oh Lord...
Contributor
Reaction score
I know how they feel, every time I go buy a pizza at Little Caesar's they sell me a cardboard one instead.

Wasn't able to get much work done because I went to get a haircut today.
Exactly! (Little Caeser's):highfive:
every time! (except the ltd. time pretzel crust, those were good.)

Edit: PS haircut looks great.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pleco

ctraltDel

Contributor
Reaction score
"Sorry, we do not need your participation at this time...

Too many players are assigned in this game and unfortunately you were not chosen as a result of random selection.

You will receive the basic reward and are eligible to play this game again. Please feel free to work on our other HITs."
This brings me to $6 total in "we don't want you" money from Yale. :bode:

Guess it's quitting time for me. Good night everyone!

Today's Projected Earnings: $46.67 + Bonuses: $0.51 = $47.18

BlueSkyHippie

Graveyard Queen
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about your opinions about BIOMETRIC identification and its uses | PANDA
Requester: Rachel German [A1VLYJSS2HWDU2] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
Give us your opinion about using BIOMETRICS (e.g. fingerprints, facial recognition, retinal scans, etc.)
Reward: $2.50
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is greater than 1000; HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 97; Location is US;
Tedious 12 minutes, so not bad for a lazy gal such as myself

Reactions: Pleco

WalkingEmphasis

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about your opinions about BIOMETRIC identification and its uses | PANDA
Requester: Rachel German [A1VLYJSS2HWDU2] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
Give us your opinion about using BIOMETRICS (e.g. fingerprints, facial recognition, retinal scans, etc.)
Reward: $2.50
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is greater than 1000; HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 97; Location is US;
About 13 mins for me.

T. Leela

Oh Lord...
Contributor
Reaction score
These 'ROC-NLP-Research's are making me feel slightly less....wordical than I thought I was.

Concise

Buddhist Bacchante
Reaction score
Title: Online Communication Task | PANDA
Requester: UCB DAS [AAISVNTN95NKU] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 3.67] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fast: 5.00]
Description:
Have a video chat with a partner. Some sessions ask you to share personal views (e.g. "what is your greatest fear?"), while other sessions ask you to read passages over video chat.
Time: 2 hours
Reward: $8.00
Qualifications: Location is US;

If you're white + female + don't mind webcam hits, I'm tossing this back.
just caught this, telling me it's busy and can't get through, anyone get this one to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.