02/10 - We Rally Cause it's Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowsbane1988

Literally Pam
Contributor
Reaction score
Sigh. Trying to explain to the BF that I don't mind working 10+hrs a day to earn the same as a 'normal' full-time job [And no, I'm not quite there yet. But that's the example we're talking about]. I pick my schedule. I don't have panic attacks. I can turk in pjs if I want. All of which is more valuable to me than the stress, anxiety, panic attacks etc I get with ANY other job (what with the whole leaving the house/interacting with people thing). He just can't wrap his mind around it which is frustrating me.

DruceusDrec

*hugs*
Contributor
Reaction score
Sigh. Trying to explain to the BF that I don't mind working 10+hrs a day to earn the same as a 'normal' full-time job [And no, I'm not quite there yet. But that's the example we're talking about]. I pick my schedule. I don't have panic attacks. I can turk in pjs if I want. All of which is more valuable to me than the stress, anxiety, panic attacks etc I get with ANY other job (what with the whole leaving the house/interacting with people thing). He just can't wrap his mind around it which is frustrating me.
I'm nowhere near good enough to earn a living wage, but honestly, I'm hoping to learn efficient scripting (and possibly obtain Masters) one of these days so that I can replace my job with this for those same reasons.

You're not alone, friend. *hugs*

Reactions: Shadowsbane1988

vickiJ

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Religious Beliefs Survey (40-50 min) - Opportunity for BONUS | PANDA
Requester: Katherine Judd [A2YF1SBWZZOOW8] (Contact)
(TO): No TO (Submit a new TO rating for this requester)
Description: This is an academic study investigating willingness to discuss religious beliefs. Participation involves a video clip and several belief/opinion questionnaires. Participation is confidential.
Time: 24 hours
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $2.00
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 90, Location is one of: US

As a result of participation, you will also be entered into a drawing for one of five $100 bonuses.

Why not just pay a legit wage for the survey in the first place?
I don't know how many participants they had, but why not divide that between all of us for our participation? I have never won one of these lotteries and I hate when they say you have a chance. I do know some people have won, but it's never me.

Tuesday

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Religious Beliefs Survey (40-50 min) - Opportunity for BONUS | PANDA
Requester: Katherine Judd [A2YF1SBWZZOOW8] (Contact)
(TO): No TO (Submit a new TO rating for this requester)
Description: This is an academic study investigating willingness to discuss religious beliefs. Participation involves a video clip and several belief/opinion questionnaires. Participation is confidential.
Time: 24 hours
Reward: $2.00
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 90, Location is one of: US

As a result of participation, you will also be entered into a drawing for one of five $100 bonuses.

Why not just pay a legit wage for the survey in the first place?
Maybe it's a faith gamble, or not even true. I had to throw this one back because I am godless. Shrug. Hope it works out for someone.

Reactions: C to the J
Reaction score
Title: Qualification Task: SELECT THE IMAGE TAGS THAT ARE CORRECT FOR THE PHOTO (CHINESE CHARACTERS). 为照片选择正确的图片关键词(中文)。 | PANDA
Requester: Kevin Dodds [A3K54QYGJEOX5Q] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☭☭☭☭☭ 2.56 Communicativity
☭☭☭☭☭ 3.02 Generosity
☭☭☭☭☭ 3.06 Fairness
☭☭☭☭☭ 3.61 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 50
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)
Description: Select the correct image tag or tags from a list (Chinese)
Time: 15 minutes
Hits Available: 19
Reward: $0.10
Qualifications: HIT submission rate (%) is not less than 90
Are these where I need to get 10?

MinkyMona

Spooky Turk Ghost
Reaction score
Some people just do not get the concept of working from home in general. If it makes your life easier than keep doing it! Anxiety is a bitch to deal with especially when you have to interact with a bunch of strangers.

DCI

Reaction score
I would add in the fact that working on mturk has virtually no overhead, which is pretty significant compared to most jobs. Travel expenses alone add up to a lot and there are also plenty of hidden costs like clothes related expenses. You also don't have to pay taxes on saved money as opposed to earned money and you may have the option to live somewhere with reduced rent or payments if commuting isn't an issue for you.

lobo925

CEO of Pizza
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: A 30-min Survey on Android Apps | PANDA
Requester: IU Kapadia Lab [A13Y9TN4ZANH4Q] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☭☭☭☭ 4.75 Communicativity
☭☭☭☭☭ 3.17 Generosity
☭☭☭☭ 4.11 Fairness
☭☭☭☭☭ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 21
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)

Description: Participate in this study in which you will be provided with a customized version of Twitter that you will need to install in your phone. You will be asked to perform tasks on the app and give your feedback about it.
Time: 3 hours
Reward: $3.00
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95; Location is US

look at this brand new hit Ive never seen before

catnapped

Relatively Unknown Member
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Never mind all these cheap dings....where are thee barcodes

Reactions: DONTDOIT

Krikket

YouTube Connoisseur
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Tuesday

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Some people just do not get the concept of working from home in general. If it makes your life easier than keep doing it! Anxiety is a bitch to deal with especially when you have to interact with a bunch of strangers.
I'm still in that place
I would add in the fact that working on mturk has virtually no overhead, which is pretty significant compared to most jobs. Travel expenses alone add up to a lot and there are also plenty of hidden costs like clothes related expenses. You also don't have to pay taxes on saved money as opposed to earned money and you may have the option to live somewhere with reduced rent or payments if commuting isn't an issue for you.
I get it. I really didn't set out to do this on a full time basis, but it has become something like that. You're right about that 10 hour a day thing, but I got by the skepticism by showing my boyfriend my daily earnings for a few days in a row. They were very good days, so it was a bit of a strategic showcase, but at least he doesn't think I'm just goofing around on the internet anymore. Now he comes home and asks me "how was your day at work?" . The key here though is that he knows I work in an industry that is highly seasonal, so I wouldn't be making a whole lot of money at my chosen profession right now anyway. Things will change a bit in April when it's warm and the tourists come back. Right now, we are both satisfied with what I'm earning on Mturk.

Reactions: C to the J
Status
Not open for further replies.