02/10 - Fancy Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jan

Reaction score
Lol,
someone on our communities forum asked for old tennis balls for her dog.
She has now been lectured twice about the environmental hazards of lost tennis balls,
told to try sticks instead (they degrade)
and now has been told a story of a dog that punctured something or other from a poorly thrown stick (nearly died, needed a transfusion)
and another story of a dog that ingested and nearly died from a ball in his intestine.

Worse - not one tennis ball:spin::spin::spin:

Last edited:

jan

Reaction score
Do you think they're going to change anything regarding this? I'm not comfortable giving out this info, but was looking forward to picking back up Mturk as a means of income.
no one knows, we're all just guessing.
my guess was that the IRS wanted better reporting
I still think that - though - they really don't ask for that - they ask from a EU perspective and it has nothing to do (from what they say) with our taxes here in the USA.

jan

Reaction score
Title: Short survey about your opinions(~ 3 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Rebecca Ponce de Leon [A1YGC8M4CGBLKY] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$13.43] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Excellent] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.50] [Fast=4.43] [Comm=3.00] [Fair=4.43] [Reviews=11] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.55
Duration: 20:00
Available: 61
Description: About 2-3 minutes, pays $0.55
Qualifications: Exc: [1467229647-404634] DoesNotExist ; rhsnlk98 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 97; Location In US

cassius

Reaction score
Do you think they're going to change anything regarding this? I'm not comfortable giving out this info, but was looking forward to picking back up Mturk as a means of income.
write your congress critters. see if they will answer. if enough people do that we may get an answer but who knows if it will be in time. here's the worst case scenario i can see: amazon states The EU has recently implemented the DAC7 directive that requires EU and non-EU digital platform operators to report users’ taxable income. To be in compliance with this directive, please complete a DAC7 tax interview no later than February 28, 2023, regardless whether you are an EU resident. If you do not complete the required action by then, you may be ineligible to continue to use MTurk, which could also result in withheld payments.
it appears that amazon is going to report our incomes to the EU. who's to say that their taxing authority won't decide it has right to a certain percentage of our incomes. Say you cash out on amazon on your regular day and amazon takes two percent or something out for EU taxes? are you, if you are in the US, going to be happy paying EU taxes? or are you just going to shrug it off? it's up to you. and as i said that's my worst case scenario. but if it happens, don't complain. apparently one agreed to it when one filled out that form for info that amazon already has. perhaps the reason they sent this form is it gives them permission to transfer our SS # and taxable income to the EU.
all this is my thinking on this thing. i cannot find anything on the internet anywhere to back amazon up in this. i wish i could because i would immediately post the links. therefore my imagination runs wild ... because i've lived a long time, my parents went thru as adults the great depression and i've learned to trust nothing including the "great" amazon.

jan

Reaction score
Title: Academic Research(~ 15 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Altsuss [A1ATES40ZPE477] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$16.32] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Acceptable] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: No Reviews
Reward: 3.00
Duration: 2:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Please answer some questions.
Qualifications: rhsnlk98 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [1887311893-404621] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Amazon already has your address and SSN, just saying. They required it when they eliminated Amazon Payments as a separate entity and went into the direct/automatic deposit system years and years ago. I've been getting 1099K tax documents from them for years, and got mine promptly this year already. :shrug:

jan

Reaction score
Title: Survey about dermatology ad(~ 2 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Consumer Research [A3BSSUO2Y35CR5] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$19.68] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: No Reviews
Reward: 0.30
Duration: 30:00
Available: 9
Description: Survey
Qualifications: Total approved HITs LessThanOrEqualTo 500000; rhsnlk98 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [-65862715-404640] DoesNotExist ; SurveyGroup [7170] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US

alk69

Reaction score
write your congress critters. see if they will answer. if enough people do that we may get an answer but who knows if it will be in time. here's the worst case scenario i can see: amazon states The EU has recently implemented the DAC7 directive that requires EU and non-EU digital platform operators to report users’ taxable income. To be in compliance with this directive, please complete a DAC7 tax interview no later than February 28, 2023, regardless whether you are an EU resident. If you do not complete the required action by then, you may be ineligible to continue to use MTurk, which could also result in withheld payments.
it appears that amazon is going to report our incomes to the EU. who's to say that their taxing authority won't decide it has right to a certain percentage of our incomes. Say you cash out on amazon on your regular day and amazon takes two percent or something out for EU taxes? are you, if you are in the US, going to be happy paying EU taxes? or are you just going to shrug it off? it's up to you. and as i said that's my worst case scenario. but if it happens, don't complain. apparently one agreed to it when one filled out that form for info that amazon already has. perhaps the reason they sent this form is it gives them permission to transfer our SS # and taxable income to the EU.
all this is my thinking on this thing. i cannot find anything on the internet anywhere to back amazon up in this. i wish i could because i would immediately post the links. therefore my imagination runs wild ... because i've lived a long time, my parents went thru as adults the great depression and i've learned to trust nothing including the "great" amazon.
I believe that this whole thing is gearing up to a huge class action law suit. The question that needs to be answered is who/how do taxes work on the internet? The EU has obviously decided to tax anyone who goes online. You use an online platform(which is any website), you get taxed by some one......but everyone?? By everyone?? I still say read up online about DAC7 and just who it benefits.
Amazon is, as usual, merely covering their lower back parts.

cassius

Reaction score
I believe that this whole thing is gearing up to a huge class action law suit. The question that needs to be answered is who/how do taxes work on the internet? The EU has obviously decided to tax anyone who goes online. You use an online platform(which is any website), you get taxed by some one......but everyone?? By everyone?? I still say read up online about DAC7 and just who it benefits.
Amazon is, as usual, merely covering their lower back parts.
i've found a ton of links. somehow they've suddenly appeared. will post them after i work through them. one of the things the EU wants is bank account information. i read where someone on another forum said that had been tossed out for now, but several links i found say the EU wants your tax ID # meaning SS # to us and banking info. amazon of course has our banking info. so, does filling out this thing give amazon the right to send our banking info to the EU? is that okay with everyone? EU wants to tax you, will they just take it out of your bank account? oh, and companies which would include amazon, have until 01/24 to tell us what info of ours they have sent to the EU. and there are 14 EU countries that have NOT complied with this thing. freedom fighters, they are.

Last edited:

cassius

Reaction score
well, well ... well, well ... perhaps the congress critter letter writing campaign i encouraged is working??? ... checked top of your hit page lately, folks?

The EU has recently implemented the DAC7 directive that requires EU and non-EU digital platform operators to report users’ taxable income. To be in compliance with this directive, please complete a DAC7 tax interview no later than April 30, 2023, regardless whether you are an EU resident. If you do not complete the required action by then, you may be ineligible to continue to use MTurk, which could also result in withheld payments.

i'll i can say is well ... well, well ... hmm ...

alk69

Reaction score
This is all hitting the blender. No one can remove funds from your bank account without your approval or a court order. Ask PayPal who has been sued for trying to do just that. And if the European Union thinks that US (which is not a member of the Union) citizens are going to give them money because the say to...well as I said class action law suit. WE Americans are very well know about the world for enjoying our law suits. It's become our fave national sport.
And just for fun.....the EU seems to be hustling now since they're losing their members and leverage. I'd say the loss of Britain was the EU's death blow.

Kmd2jn

Reaction score
I think I'll just stop working MTurk for a few months and see what happens. I'm not filling it out but I'm not leaving money at Amazon. Prolific and Connect it is then. For now.

cassius

Reaction score
This is all hitting the blender. No one can remove funds from your bank account without your approval or a court order. Ask PayPal who has been sued for trying to do just that. And if the European Union thinks that US (which is not a member of the Union) citizens are going to give them money because the say to...well as I said class action law suit. WE Americans are very well know about the world for enjoying our law suits. It's become our fave national sport.
And just for fun.....the EU seems to be hustling now since they're losing their members and leverage. I'd say the loss of Britain was the EU's death blow.
I think and from listening to some financial people, I understand that yes, there's a lot of backpedaling going on now within the powers that be, or who I like to call Mr. Globaloney, because they didn't expect people to be as upset as they are getting. They thought we'd just go along with it as i suspect amazon did/does.
however, actually funds can be removed from our bank accounts. study up on that one. that's why ca$h is best. or look at what Bank of America tried to do, which i believe they said was some sort of "mistake" and that was just a few weeks ago. But yes, you are right, people rebelled and they didn't get away with it. But they did appear to try.

Reactions: alk69

cassius

Reaction score
I think I'll just stop working MTurk for a few months and see what happens. I'm not filling it out but I'm not leaving money at Amazon. Prolific and Connect it is then. For now.
you've got a reprieve until april 30, 2023, now. might as well make the most of it. check the top of your hit page if you haven't already. date's been changed.

KYKITTY

Contributor
Reaction score
I think and from listening to some financial people, I understand that yes, there's a lot of backpedaling going on now within the powers that be, or who I like to call Mr. Globaloney, because they didn't expect people to be as upset as they are getting. They thought we'd just go along with it as i suspect amazon did/does.
however, actually funds can be removed from our bank accounts. study up on that one. that's why ca$h is best. or look at what Bank of America tried to do, which i believe they said was some sort of "mistake" and that was just a few weeks ago. But yes, you are right, people rebelled and they didn't get away with it. But they did appear to try.
That's why I use a serve card and withdraw all my money.

Status
Not open for further replies.