01/22 - Skating Through Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

T. Leela

Oh Lord...
Contributor
Reaction score
I have a ruben gonzales record yourself for 8.00 I'm returning in five min. female 18-35.
Can't find panda, ID is:
3TM075AKEJA0UN3DZVHOQ73LECG2CJ

Last edited:

optipfrog

Contributor
Reaction score
oh, okay, so really not right in Wautoma, yeah 1/2 hour East of Wautoma. Sorry, so many people on here and aging memory, hard to remember.
I am really bad with names in general myself. I've been here for almost 6 years now and like the area but wish things were closer like more options for work. Hope you feel better soon.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Product Survey(~ 6 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Brittney Stephenson [A1MGGCBSGDARF7] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 3.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fast: 4.75] [Reviews: 15] [ToS: 0]
Description:
Take part in a product survey! ($0.60/ ~5-6 minutes)
Time: 30 minutes
HITs Available: 4
Reward: $0.60
Qualifications: Exc: [31770-31181] has not been granted; Total approved HITs is not less than 50; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95; Location is one of: US;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.2.1

WalkingEmphasis

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Zicam worked great until science ruined the placebo effect for me.:(
I'd never heard of Zicam, so I had to Google. Cepacol is so, so good for sore throats and coughing to some degree, because it actually has numbing stuff in it. However, you can't just pop Cepacol over and over. They have daily dosages because of the numbing stuff in it.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I'd never heard of Zicam, so I had to Google. Cepacol is so, so good for sore throats and coughing to some degree, because it actually has numbing stuff in it. However, you can't just pop Cepacol over and over. They have daily dosages because of the numbing stuff in it.
Zicam is mostly just Zinc. The metal makes the mucus membranes inhospitable to the cold virus so that it can't propagate, theoretically. It worked great 2 years in a row. Then I read a study that it was as effective as a placebo. The illusion was shattered.

Last edited:
Reactions: WalkingEmphasis

WalkingEmphasis

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Zicam is mostly just Zinc. The metal makes the mucus membranes inhospitable to the cold virus so that it can't propagate, theoretically. It worked great 2 years in a row. Then I read a study that it was as effective as a placebo. The illusion was shattered.
Yep, very few people realize that most over the counter cold stuff is just placebo. One of the only things that actually helps/helped - with proven scientific backing - is Sudafed. That's why I loved Cepacol so much when I found it, because even most cough drops are crap.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jerami and Pleco

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Earn $.40 in approx 5 minutes Complete some surveys for academic research. Should take 4 min | PANDA
Requester: Keith wilcox [A2SG47TDWR1UIL] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 3.02] [Fair: 4.34] [Comm: 3.40] [Fast: 3.39] [Reviews: 65] [ToS: 0]
Description:
You will be asked a series of questions that will take about 5 minutes (we allow the HIT to take longer so you don't get timed out)
Time: 20 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.40
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 100; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95; Location is US;
HIT posted from Mturk Suite v1.2.1

FrenchToast

best thing since sliced bread
Reaction score
:wave2:My laptop stopped charging which is what I use for turking, I'm hoping the charging port just went bad (already ordered another one) my backup computer is like 10 years old, running XP and its soooo slow. :banghead:

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Yep, very few people realize that most over the counter cold stuff is just placebo. One of the only things that actually helps/helped, with proven scientific backing - is Sudafed. That's why I loved Cepacol so much when I found it, because even most cough drops are crap.
Yeah. The cold mutates so quick that nothing really works. Cepacol is the best throat drop. And Sudafed dries up the mucus, where the cold reproduces, preventing the spread of the cold from nose to throat, to lungs.. You've got the only real solution. It's basically just symptom management. Plus tons of water to flush it out.

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Yeah. The cold mutates so quick that nothing really works. Cepacol is the best throat drop. And Sudafed dries up the mucus, where the cold reproduces, preventing the spread of the cold from nose to throat, to lungs.. You've got the only real solution. It's basically just symptom management. Plus tons of water to flush it out.
My humidifier is a godsend. It really helps manage cold and allergy symptoms, though it doesn't shorten duration of illness.

MindNumbing

Contributor
Reaction score

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, very few people realize that most over the counter cold stuff is just placebo. One of the only things that actually helps/helped - with proven scientific backing - is Sudafed. That's why I loved Cepacol so much when I found it, because even most cough drops are crap.
and that's all well and good, but the overall fluid levels, and the capabilities of the person in question, play the largest part.
you can be taking all the medication in the world, but if you aren't eating, getting fluids, and resting, your illness duration will not be reduced

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
There's also a ton of homeopathic cold medicines in the big chain pharmacies that don't really explain what they are. I wish they had to carry a label saying something like " You're basically paying a lot to buy a water placebo, ya dummy".

Status
Not open for further replies.