Status
Not open for further replies.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Poll Time.

Harder to buy a gift for? Men or Women?
I find I have a harder time with women. I think that has more to do with me not being super feminine, though, and not necessarily knowing what people like. Guys are easy, though. Get them some computer/video game thing or something dangerous (knife set? guns?), and they're usually happy.

Reactions: Pippa and Drwho10

Drwho10

Mister Gank Yo Hits
Contributor
Reaction score
My husbands birthday is later this month and I am struggling with what to get him. We've been married 22 years and he's the hardest person I buy for every year.
what's your budget?

Drwho10

Mister Gank Yo Hits
Contributor
Reaction score
I find I have a harder time with women. I think that has more to do with me not being super feminine, though, and not necessarily knowing what people like. Guys are easy, though. Get them some computer/video game thing or something dangerous (knife set? guns?), and they're usually happy.
You know me so well :love:

Reactions: aveline

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
My husbands birthday is later this month and I am struggling with what to get him. We've been married 22 years and he's the hardest person I buy for every year.
Skip a traditional "gift" and give him an experience (or thing for you to do together). Movie tickets, concert tickets, overnight in a nearby hotel, fishing trip, museum pass, stuff like that?

WalkingEmphasis

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
If he's a reader, I could direct you to a really cool site that makes awesome versions of books. There's also a puzzle website that makes some that are basically works of art

Reactions: Pippa

Drwho10

Mister Gank Yo Hits
Contributor
Reaction score
Skip a traditional "gift" and give him an experience (or thing for you to do together). Movie tickets, concert tickets, overnight in a nearby hotel, fishing trip, museum pass, stuff like that?
Pippa @Pippa I recommend this as well especially for someone you've been married with for that long. Go make memories together

Pippa

All things lovely and beautiful.
Contributor
Reaction score
I like the game idea. He hasn't played anything in a long time. He might like that to wind down when he comes home. We usually just watch a couple of shows.

Reactions: aveline

Kathryn

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Contributor
Reaction score
Budget? and does he like food?

Pippa

Contributor
Reaction score
This is a great idea! I like the night away. I'd say a win-win for both of us.

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
What are his hobbies and/or passions? Does he ever mention anything like "I used to have" or "I love when" or "I wish", etc? I try to listen to subtle clues that most people don't even realize they've dropped.

WalkingEmphasis

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Actually, I'll post this anyway, especially for Vanyanka @Vanyanka

http://www.foliosociety.com/

"Founded in London in 1947, The Folio Society publishes carefully crafted editions of the world’s finest literature. We believe that great books deserve to be presented in a form worthy of their contents. For nearly 70 years we have celebrated the unique joy to be derived from owning, holding and reading a beautiful printed edition.

Beautifully crafted, imaginative editions of the world’s great works of fiction and non-fiction, Folio Society books offer a rich literary experience to readers of all ages. The books we select for publication are timeless – we know they will be enjoyed and appreciated now and in the future. Because each book is considered as an individual object of value in its own right, there is a variety to our aesthetic – the only uniformity is in the quality of every single book."

Last edited:
Reactions: Vanyanka

Pippa

Contributor
Reaction score
What are his hobbies and/or passions? Does he ever mention anything like "I used to have" or "I love when" or "I wish", etc? I try to listen to subtle clues that most people don't even realize they've dropped.
He is all about us. His family.

He loves cars but that is way out of budget lol. Maybe a trip to a car museum or somthing like that though.

Reactions: Drwho10
Status
Not open for further replies.