Rep Present Unanimous A.I. - UNU.ai

TastyWaffles

銀河英雄伝説
Reaction score
Do you like horse racing? There is an UNU now :

Title: Qualification -- Kentucky Derby Predictions | PANDA
Requester: Unanimous A.I. [A1OVB3ATBAQ1KM] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★ 4.20 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.00 Generosity
★★★★ 4.44 Fairness
★★★★ 4.76 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 29 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Qualification regarding knowledge of horse racing and the Kentucky Derby
Time: 10 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.02
Qualifications: Location is US

UNU

UNU
Requester
Reaction score
The Collective Art UNU HIT for tonight has been cancelled. It will be rescheduled for next Wednesday.

kirin

Reaction score
Is there a point to the Pol Incorrect UNU other than having interactions with Trump supporters? Just curious.

Reactions: Cara

UNU

UNU
Requester
Reaction score
The UNU "Pol Incorrect" is an unmoderated, Not Safe For Work room. It's for anyone who wants to be able to take part in unmoderated discussions and questions. The content is driven by the users themselves.

MindNumbing

Contributor
Reaction score
Why are there never enough of these hits posted? For the past few weeks I have not been able to grab a single hit.

UNU

UNU
Requester
Reaction score
We post HITs every day. Most of them are "small", meaning there are <10 of each available. These are posted around 7:30am ET and around 4pm ET.
Throughout the week we post single HITs in larger batches. While the day varies, they're usually posted in the early afternoon ET.

Reactions: MindNumbing

UNU

UNU
Requester
Reaction score
Week 10 English Premier League swarm picked 6 of 10 matches correctly. We'll be running this swarm weekly. If you are an EPL fan, email the requestor for the Qual.

Henrik

Requester
Reaction score
Hey folks, just a notice about a pretty cool HIT we just published. We want to put together a swarm to pick college football bowl games in the afternoon, but it's going to be a fairly involved thing we're doing.

It's a $6.15 hit. Obviously it's a little bigger task than we typically run.

1. Please really do at least take a look at the 10 games we're going to predict today. Be familiar. Have an idea of who's playing, and how you think the games will go.

2. The survey piece to this should take about 5 minutes or less if you're familiar with college football in 2016, and if you've spent a little time looking at these games.

3. The swarm is going to be 30-35 minutes. We have three questions to ask about each game, plus a few hypothetical situations based on how the playoffs go, plus one final question on the swarm's best bet, or best pick of the week.

We really do award the $25 bonus (it's part of my duties to make sure that gets paid in a timely fashion, in fact!) We want a smart, informed swarm for this, and we're really looking forward to seeing you there this afternoon at 4pm ET!

Reactions: UNU

Henrik

Requester
Reaction score
Many thanks to everyone who participated in that HIT! If you're in our Premier League group, we'll be doing that swarm TOMORROW because there are games on Friday.

Our EPL group is doing great, btw. Last four weeks:

6-4
8-2
8-2
6-4.

That last 6-4 is really impressive. You folks told us to bet $357.00 on five matches. You told us to bet just $8 on the other five. The five that the swarm was confident in ALL won. The other five, not so much. :wink:

But what's cool about that from our end is that basically as a swarm you folks told us: "We feel GREAT about these five games. These other five games? No way. Stay away. Bleah." I mean, we know our swarm does OK with picking winners now. But to see that level of analytic thought from a swarm is very cool.

Henrik

Requester
Reaction score
Just a heads-up, we're going to try to do a SWARM TODAY, on New Year's Day. Yes, I know.

But hey, we're enthusiastic. Arsenal are up 2-nil in the closing minutes, which would make us 8-2 again this week. For the last 6 "weeks" (basically covering December, and covering the time since we introduced our $ wagering confidence question to the mix) the UNU Premier League swarm is 41-19. That is, frankly, nuts.

There's a full slate of games on Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday of this week, then the league goes dark for 12 days for cup ties and qualifiers. Because of that, we wanted to get this last minute swarm in for these ten games, which look to have some VERY tough matchups.

Henrik

Requester
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I have a couple of things that I wanted to be able to let everyone know about in a place where we could link to it in case folks had questions.

1. If you've done our EPL hits this season so far, you've likely noticed we have a new format for deciding on a bet confidence on our predictions. It's a hex and then it drills down on a question automagically and immediately to a more specific answer. So....we like what we're seeing with these and so not only is it not going away, we're going to start using it in MLB for Friday and the res of the season.

What that means: our EPL swarms are a little longer, our MLB swarms take a little longer. It also means we're going to be paying more for those HITs! (Typically I figure roughly 1 minute per question; the new format doesn't take as long as a full extra question, but it's about 30 to 45 seconds per instance)

What that also means is that if you don't like that system, even if we're paying more....well, don't take those hits. For now anyway, we're using that system. :)

2. We are going to be rolling out, hopefully by next week, a new system that maybe makes the sports prediction hits a little more fun. Basically, we want everyone on the same page for what our "How much should we bet on that?" question means. We'll lay it all out, the short version is that we're going to track how much (or not!) the hypothetical bets you make on surveys, and whether the fake bets the swarm in a given week pay out. Instead of most wins in a week winning the weekly bonus, the person whose total fake bets paid the most wins. And we're upping the pot to $25 bonuses weekly. Because y'all are awesome. We'll also post a weekly google doc with the top ten standings so that if you think you did pretty well, you can check for yourself!

3. FINALLY...we are going to be collecting as much data on game predictions as we can get over the next few weeks. So, we'll run a swarm with a survey the way we've always done. But, we're also going to be running survey-only hits to collect a bunch of those predictions. So...if you miss a swarm, hang out, and grab the survey only part that follows.

Hit me up with any questions, and thanks again for all your outstanding work for us! Unanimous AI is growing and growing, and we're very grateful for the part our Turker community has played in that.

Reactions: mboone73

Henrik

Requester
Reaction score
Hi everyone! Starting today, there's a new way that you MUST use to join our swarms. This is a needed change for reasons that are longwinded and not super important to what we do with Turk swarms.

This is a permanent change, however, and isn't going away. You're welcome to tell me you don't like this new method, but it is likely to have the same effect as telling your dog to stay off the couch, or yelling at clouds to stop being so fluffy. :):)

1. Starting today, when you click on the link to join a swarm in one of our HITs, this is what you're going to see:

From here, there are a couple of things you can do:

A: You can enter the six-digit entry code given in the HIT. If you do that, the system will prompt you for a temporary username. You can enter any username you like; if you enter a username that's already in use, when you join the swarm you'll see that your username has had some extra alphanumeric character added to the end to make it unique. Bingo. You're in!

B: You can click "Sign In" if you have an existing username you want to use. You'll be prompted to enter that username and password. You can also tell the system to remember you, and in most cases it will for future swarms. Then, the system will ask you to enter the six-digit entry code and boom, you're in the swarm with your existing username.

C: Once you're signed in with an existing username and if you've asked the system to remember you, in most cases the link in the HIT may simply take you to a page that says "Welcome [Username]! And then it will prompt you for that six-digit entry code from the HIT instructions. Enter that and you're into the swarm.

:eek: IF you disconnect accidentally during the swarm, use the link from the HIT. It should remember you, and should let you right back (You may have to click a thing that says "Join this swarm".) If you're again prompted for the six-digit code, use it again, and even if you joined with a temporary name in step A, it will remember that and bring you in.

2. As you can see, that six-digit entry code is SUPER IMPORTANT. It will be given in each one of our HITs going forward. As long as you have that code, you can get into the swarm.

3. The entry code will change for each swarm. They're temporary and expire after the swarm concludes.

4. You don't need to type the "-" in the entry codes. You can type the six digits and our system will stick the " - " in the middle automatically.

5. It's more important than ever that you pay attention to your username in the Swarm, whether it's your normal regular username, or a temporary one. Make sure when you submit your HITs to us that you're using the Username that was displayed for that particular session.

You can feel free to hit me up directly at chris at unanimousai.com if you have any issues joining our swarm. That's the fastest way to reach me, faster than contacting me through AMT. I'm typically watching this board and my email constantly before a swarm starts, so I'll be able to get back to you ASAP to help you join if you're having issues.

Thanks y'all!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
errr... the text is black, regardless of the forum theme (using quark, can't really see the text)

Empress328

Semi Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I haven't been able to catch one since the new mturk premiered.

Henrik

Requester
Reaction score
Hi all! I hope this is a good place to put this. Some MLB swarm updates for you:

1. We should have, by next week or early the week after, a way to create our MLB leaderboards for everyone in our swarms to peruse every week. That will also correspond with us catching up on bonuses and prizes from the last three weeks.

2. We are also introducing a NEW, ADDITIONAL bonus. And that's the main part of this.

In the past, when we've asked the swarm to consider a hypothetical, virtual dollar bet on each prediction in MLB, it's been the same as all our other swarms in goal: try to make the most dollars overall...without really worrying about losses. That system, obviously really encourages the swarm to bet big, because it rewards big bets, without really penalizing us for being wrong.

But here's the thing: our new dynamic individual survey -- whether we noticed or not -- no longer measures just gross dollar amount earned. The way you drag that slider to each end of the range to set your individual virtual bet amount? Yeah, that creates a system where the high scorers each week are actually scoring the highest Return On Investment (ROI).

And so we need to make our swarm question on that confidence match that, if we can. So starting with tomorrow's swarm, we're introducing this new -- additional -- group bonus. IF the swarm achieves an ROI of higher than 20%, every participant earns an extra $2 bonus, to be paid during that week.

To achieve that, it'll be important for the swarm to maybe change betting behavior a little. To achieve an ROI of 20%, it'll mean that the swarm for MLB will still have to bet high on games that a lot of participants are confident in. But also there will be a need to bet small on close games, or games where people feel like they don't have enough info to go big.

Sorry for the long post! We're working out the exact verbiage to be more concise in the HIT and swarm instructions tomorrow, but that's the general gist of things!

A6_Foul_Out

I only use Organic TurkerView reviews
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Hi all! I hope this is a good place to put this. Some MLB swarm updates for you:

1. We should have, by next week or early the week after, a way to create our MLB leaderboards for everyone in our swarms to peruse every week. That will also correspond with us catching up on bonuses and prizes from the last three weeks.

2. We are also introducing a NEW, ADDITIONAL bonus. And that's the main part of this.

In the past, when we've asked the swarm to consider a hypothetical, virtual dollar bet on each prediction in MLB, it's been the same as all our other swarms in goal: try to make the most dollars overall...without really worrying about losses. That system, obviously really encourages the swarm to bet big, because it rewards big bets, without really penalizing us for being wrong.

But here's the thing: our new dynamic individual survey -- whether we noticed or not -- no longer measures just gross dollar amount earned. The way you drag that slider to each end of the range to set your individual virtual bet amount? Yeah, that creates a system where the high scorers each week are actually scoring the highest Return On Investment (ROI).

And so we need to make our swarm question on that confidence match that, if we can. So starting with tomorrow's swarm, we're introducing this new -- additional -- group bonus. IF the swarm achieves an ROI of higher than 20%, every participant earns an extra $2 bonus, to be paid during that week.

To achieve that, it'll be important for the swarm to maybe change betting behavior a little. To achieve an ROI of 20%, it'll mean that the swarm for MLB will still have to bet high on games that a lot of participants are confident in. But also there will be a need to bet small on close games, or games where people feel like they don't have enough info to go big.

Sorry for the long post! We're working out the exact verbiage to be more concise in the HIT and swarm instructions tomorrow, but that's the general gist of things!
:ahhh::ahhh::ahhh::ahhh::ahhh::ahhh::ahhh::ahhh::ahhh::ahhh::ahhh::ahhh::ahhh:

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Love this! I'll also link to your post tomr in the Daily Thread once more people are up and working again. Thank you for the communication and update!

Reactions: Henrik