Survivor Season 2 Challenge Thread

Tigerpants

Murderer of Threads
Contributor
Reaction score
The Cautionary Tale of Brett the Turklet

Brett wanted to get a job because his Mom wouldn't buy him any Ultra Balls for Pokemon Go. But he had a problem, he was too young to get hired anywhere, not even McDonald's! He'd seen his Mom working on MTurk and so he decided to sign up. But in order to sign up, he had to lie and steal his Dad's identity. No sooner had he entered his information than wrinkles appeared in his face! He was coming down with age related Scammerism.

He needed those Ultra Balls though, so he hopped onto MTC for some advice for noobs. "NUMBERS!" They all advised, so he delved deep into penny HITs. His thirst for pennies soon took hold of his soul, but then he felt half of his face suddenly become heavy! Now not only did he have Scammerism, but now he was affected with a rare disease called Centitis. Symptoms include exhaustion, eye strain, and pennies sprouting from the skin! Fearing for the rest of his body, he took TQueen's advice and went after the longest, highest paying surveys.... but after only two, his body succumbed to the torture... it was La Muerta Bulla... Death by Bubbles.

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
The Throttlers' Turker Ali made quite a name for herself in the Turking world by being the first woman ever to max out on Breligs for 1000 days straight! She is fiercely private and not much has been known about her life, until now. A recent scandal surfaced along with this revealing information found in a copy of a Police Crime Incident Report just a few days ago.

Name: Ali U. Ropoda
Sex: Female
Hometown: Geohive, Georgia
Ailment: Pandatitis, i.e. the belief that one is really and truly a panda. This is common genetic disease amongst those with her name, as Ailuropoda is the Latin name for the Giant Panda.
Turking profile: Joined 2012 just for the "fun and interesting" aspects of it! Returns surveys 3/4th completed, secretly loves Breligs, doesn't wear pants. Obviously, has Masters status.

Incident:
Ms. Ropoda is charged with stealing bamboo from outside the Panda Express restaurant on Sergey Street on the night of September 13, 2016. The owner said he saw a woman dressed in a panda suit acting suspiciously around the planter box by the front door. When he approached the woman she grabbed an armful of bamboo and was able to get away in a small Japanese compact vehicle. A local man who witnessed the incident said that Turking ailment related crimes were on the rise in the neighborhood.

Police office Capt. Pews later caught up with the woman at her home. She was sitting in front of a desktop computer with multiple monitors, filling out receipts, eating bamboo, wearing half a panda suit without the pants, and shouting "Curse you PRE's!" Police were able to question the woman and to recover most of the stolen bamboo except a few well-gnawed stalks.

Panda Express has decided not to press charges but would not comment on the incident. An inside source who did not wish to be identified claimed that Ms. Ropoda had tried to apply for a job there several times even offering to be paid only in bamboo. Unfortunately, they were unable to confirm her income and rejected her applications. Capt. Pews stated that he was ready to just clear this case from his queue and move on.

TQueen

Southern Sweetness
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Love these submissions guys!

I'll keep voting open today until 7 pm pst. At that time I'll announce the winner and let you know which team has to face tribal council this weekend.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Love these submissions guys!

I'll keep voting open today until 7 pm pst. At that time I'll announce the winner and let you know which team has to face tribal council this weekend.

What time is that in regular people time?

TQueen

Southern Sweetness
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
After a neck and neck race today, looks like our winners are:

:mega:
:mega:​

Congrats you guys! Your team can rest this weekend and not have to send any Castaway packing :bode:

SOBs, look for my post for you Tribal Council this weekend.

Reactions: coffeeowl

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
After a neck and neck race today, looks like our winners are:

:mega:
:mega:​

Congrats you guys! Your team can rest this weekend and not have to send any Castaway packing :bode:

SOBs, look for my post for you Tribal Council this weekend.

I can't read this. But I see our picture so I assume we won

woo.

TQueen

Southern Sweetness
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Well Castaways, I hope you had a wonderful vacation on the island. It's time to get back into the groove, so I'm seeing a repeat challenge on the horizon. Do you see it over there? It's creeping up on us from Season 1!

The most hated loved challenge that we probably had last season!

THE HIT CHALLENGE

I know all my repeat Castaways are probably giving me this, and to that I say :tqueen:

This was an individual challenge last season. This is how we will format it for team competition:
  • Each Castaway will turn in a Hit Count to me for that day.

• Send me a screen shot in a PM. Don't cheat. That's just gross.
  • You will send in a count Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday (as long as you're still having to compete). These counts will be due by 11:59 pm pst (daily thread change).
  • You will be in direct competition with YOUR TEAM.
  • Each morning, starting Tuesday, I will announce which Castaway racked up the highest number of hits the day before. This will be one player from SOB, and one player from Throttlers. That Castaway will then be SAFE. They will be heading into next week's competition and will NOT have to play any more for the rest of the week.
  • Each day, one Castaway from each team will secure their safety. The hit counts will be reset DAILY. These will NOT be a cumulative score.
  • The Castaway that loses all 5 days from each team will be ELIMINATED. There will be no tribal council this week. One Castaway from SOBs will leave, and one from Throttlers will leave, seeing as this week is a DOUBLE ELIMINATION.
  • MerryLou @MerryLou has the immunity idol this week. She may choose to save a player from EITHER TEAM, INCLUDING HERSELF. She may only choose to save ONE of the players leaving. She is also welcome to save her idol for redemption week.
  • If she does this for one of the Castaways, the person who turned in the HIGHEST hit count for any day will choose who will be going home instead. This means the highest scorer from the SOBs as well as the Throttlers.
  • The person who posts the highest hit count on any given day will also win a special advantage for their team next week. There will be NO TEAM SHUFFLE, so you'll be playing with the same teammates again next week.
Enjoy your work week my lovelies :tqueen:

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
wow
i've lost before the challenge even began
neat

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
i only put in four hours each day, when not feeling burnt out,
i have little time due to travelling to and from work on weekdays,
where media devices cannot be used
:shrug
i'll turn in my info anyway
fair's fair

Reactions: TQueen

TQueen

Southern Sweetness
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
i only put in four hours each day, when not feeling burnt out,
i have little time due to travelling to and from work on weekdays,
where media devices cannot be used
:shrug
i'll turn in my info anyway
fair's fair
Your competition will get smaller everyday.

Reactions: Jaded