Survivor 4 Challenge Thread

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
I was getting alerts and updates all day yesterday, but nothing today. No email notification, not site notification, nothing... there goes any chance of playing this week. Grrr and I was in third too.
Did you possibly clear a notification without visiting this thread, like yesterday perhaps? The watch thread thing is finicky, and if you don't actually visit the thread after you get a notification, you just won't get more notifications. This is apparently how the Xenforo developers decided that they want it. You only get one notification for the first unread post. So if you accidentally clear that or it gets buried under some other notification and you don't see it, you won't get any more.

You could also try watching the forum for new posts, as well as the thread. That might increase your chances of not missing one. You could also set Keyword Alerts for something that you're watching out for in this thread. Keyword Alerts never seem to fail.

Persephone78

Drive By Turker
Contributor
Reaction score
....so I don't need to do anything differently. I'll just be tagged automatically this week?
Lol
Be kind. It's been a long day.
And you made me listen to Neil Young.

Eta>Neil. Hurr.

Last edited:
Reactions: SweetiePuff

InfiniteChanges

Hiding In Your Ceiling
Contributor
Reaction score
Did you possibly clear a notification without visiting this thread, like yesterday perhaps? The watch thread thing is finicky, and if you don't actually visit the thread after you get a notification, you just won't get more notifications. This is apparently how the Xenforo developers decided that they want it. You only get one notification for the first unread post. So if you accidentally clear that or it gets buried under some other notification and you don't see it, you won't get any more.

You could also try watching the forum for new posts, as well as the thread. That might increase your chances of not missing one. You could also set Keyword Alerts for something that you're watching out for in this thread. Keyword Alerts never seem to fail.
That sounds like some poor designing on Xenforo's part. As for manually watching, sadly that would be difficult to do while actually trying to do work/turk.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score

I most likely did lol. thanks for the explanation! I'll make sure not to do that lol

Reactions: aveline

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
That sounds like some poor designing on Xenforo's part. As for manually watching, sadly that would be difficult to do while actually trying to do work/turk.
Yeah, I'm just going off this thread, which sounds very similar to what you described. There are a couple other threads similar to that one, and in every one the developers just seem to dismiss it as not being a problem.

And I don't mean like manually watch the forum as in stare at the page. There's a "watch forum" button on the thread list for each forum, much like the "watch thread" buttons above the threads. You can set it to alert you for either new posts or new threads within that forum. It essentially allows you to watch this thread twice (though you'll also be watching every other thread in this forum, too).

InfiniteChanges

Hiding In Your Ceiling
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm just going off this thread, which sounds very similar to what you described. There are a couple other threads similar to that one, and in every one the developers just seem to dismiss it as not being a problem.

And I don't mean like manually watch the forum as in stare at the page. There's a "watch forum" button on the thread list for each forum, much like the "watch thread" buttons above the threads. You can set it to alert you for either new posts or new threads within that forum. It essentially allows you to watch this thread twice (though you'll also be watching every other thread in this forum, too).
Oh, that I already had going and still didn't get any notifications today.

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Round 6:
Closer to Fine - Indigo Girls
Please, please, please, let me get what I want - The Smiths
Stuck in the Middle with You - Stealers Wheel

End of Day 2 Standings:
Scrmcasey - 34
LoveMuppet - 34
Persephone - 30
It's Gamera - 14
Basketcasey - 14
Mboone - 13
InfiniteChanges - 13
LittleDrummerBoy - 12
Savvylabell - 4
Krikket - 4

No idea there were so many Indigo Girl fans here :watching:

LittleDrummerBoy

Custom Title!
Reaction score
Round 6:
Closer to Fine - Indigo Girls
Please, please, please, let me get what I want - The Smiths
Stuck in the Middle with You - Stealers Wheel

End of Day 2 Standings:
Scrmcasey - 34
LoveMuppet - 34
Persephone - 30
It's Gamera - 14
Basketcasey - 14
Mboone - 13
InfiniteChanges - 13
LittleDrummerBoy - 12
Savvylabell - 4
Krikket - 4

No idea there were so many Indigo Girl fans here :watching:
I suppose this is the one time in my life where being a musician and a DJ has a practical use like this!