Show me yo foods

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
Sorry no pic because it's already more than half gone and put away, but if you need a good recipe for using up a ton of fresh spinach, make this one be it. I subbed mozz for the swiss and whole milk for the cream because that's what was on hand, no matter. SO. EFFING. DELICIOUS. With a sunny side up egg on top this was pure comfort food.

http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2011/03/the-best-baked-spinach/

edit: oh, also added half an onion and some garlic that needed to be used up, and some basil from the garden. It cooked up like a casserole. Yum yum yum

Last edited:
Reactions: coffeeowl

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
Roasted carrot and sweet potato soup!

Ok I am having to make soft food for a few days and improvised this earlier and it turned out so well I had to share. If you like carrots and/or sweet potatoes, roasted veg in general, and/or if you tend to cook a lot of food in the oven at the same time, try this. It turned out just the right bit of sweet/savory/yum, plus the actual work/cooking time is minimal. Measurements are approximate! Should serve 4 as a main 6 as a side.

tbh I don't have the patience for single serving photos but let me tell you this turned out so well I could hardly believe it.

Reactions: Jaded

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Made some yummy cheddar and broccoli soup. Vanyanka @Vanyanka approved.

This is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. It's so yellow - It looks like the panera one! Do you have a recipe?

I haven't posted here in ages! Anyway, I made a thing - zucchini chicken lettuce cups with miso sauce;

TQueen

Southern Sweetness
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
This is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. It's so yellow - It looks like the panera one! Do you have a recipe?

I haven't posted here in ages! Anyway, I made a thing - zucchini chicken lettuce cups with miso sauce;
Thank you! Such a compliment from a lady who always makes beautiful food! Which by the way, those cups look amazing as usual.

I actually used a copycat recipe from Panara. The only difference is I cut out the carrots, because I think carrots are the worst.

http://sugarapron.com/2015/01/19/homemade-panera-broccoli-cheese-soup/#more-782

Reactions: Sondi

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Thank you! Such a compliment from a lady who always makes beautiful food! Which by the way, those cups look amazing as usual.

I actually used a copycat recipe from Panara. The only difference is I cut out the carrots, because I think carrots are the worst.

http://sugarapron.com/2015/01/19/homemade-panera-broccoli-cheese-soup/#more-782
Thank you! It really does look awesome - and I'm one of those people who will still make soup when it's like 90 degrees out - I'll have to make this soon :cook:

Reactions: TQueen