Read for Review

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone tried Read for Review? It was recommended to me today. Based on the website, it seems to work like this:

1. In exchange for a free book or ARC (advance review copy) you agree to post a review expressing your honest opinion about the book.
2. Your review will need to be posted by the deadline date we will give you – normally 2-3 weeks lead time. Ideally, your review should be at least 150 words.
3. We give our reviewers and bloggers credits for their published posts. For every 20 credits – (can be gained by posting reviews on Amazon.com, GoodReads, and for bloggers also on their blog.) you will get a $10 Amazon gift card. Posting your review on Goodreads will count as one credit, posting on Amazon will count as two credits, and posting the review on an approved Book Blog counts as one credit, thus giving you several opportunities to accelerate your number of credits.

So you get free books and a $10 Amazon gift card after you write enough reviews.

I just signed up. It sounds like they email you when they have books available to read and you can either accept or decline the book offer. I don't know if that means they have a ton of books they'll be emailing about, or just a few, but we'll see!