Question on finding hits

Bevs

Reaction score
I just got back into Mturk recently after having taken a break due to other life stuff. Previously I had been using HIT Scraper to find HITs. However, I feel like I often see people that are not recommending this. The main reason I have stuck to it is because it's really easy to see when a new hit pops up in HIT Scraper because they bold the text. HIT Finder has a little alert that sounds when a new HIT pops up, but it always takes me longer to find it in the list of HITs showing up in the list.

My first question is, is there a way to make it easy to see new HITs that pop up in HIT Finder? Also, are either of these worth using, and if not, is there a better script out there now to find HITs with? Any recommendations would be great, thanks!

turkinlight

Contributor
Reaction score
I like the combination of hit finder and panda crazy. A lot of people like the functionality of MTS, and using it's hit finder feature though. The reason I like hit forker better is that it's easier for me to add a logged hit in to panda crazy.
Kadauchi @Kadauchi also built a new program that he's still developing. Some of the forum users have switched over, and so far I've only heard positive things about it.

https://turkernator.com/ is the link to the newest, latest, and greatest. There is a video preview of some of it's features, and Kaduchi has traditionally been quick with updates, new features and making sure his products run as designed.

If you need the link to the scripts let me know, and I'll dig them up.

Also, don't be shy about joining the daily discussion, for quicker answers to questions like these. Welcome back!

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I just got back into Mturk recently after having taken a break due to other life stuff. Previously I had been using HIT Scraper to find HITs. However, I feel like I often see people that are not recommending this. The main reason I have stuck to it is because it's really easy to see when a new hit pops up in HIT Scraper because they bold the text. HIT Finder has a little alert that sounds when a new HIT pops up, but it always takes me longer to find it in the list of HITs showing up in the list.

My first question is, is there a way to make it easy to see new HITs that pop up in HIT Finder? Also, are either of these worth using, and if not, is there a better script out there now to find HITs with? Any recommendations would be great, thanks!
There is a very easy way to see the most recent HIT posted on HitFinder. Just close the "recent HITs" tab with the little arrow, and work from "logged HITs". That's what I do since the most recently logged(found) HIT is at the top of the list. Also, the "Recent HITs" tab is always jumping around so, it can be hard to work with. Although, when it's slow, I tend to open recent HITs for a minute, every now and then, to see what's 'reposting'.
Good luck. Let me know if I can help.:)

Bevs

Reaction score
There is a very easy way to see the most recent HIT posted on HitFinder. Just close the "recent HITs" tab with the little arrow, and work from "logged HITs". That's what I do since the most recently logged(found) HIT is at the top of the list. Also, the "Recent HITs" tab is always jumping around so, it can be hard to work with. Although, when it's slow, I tend to open recent HITs for a minute, every now and then, to see what's 'reposting'.
Good luck. Let me know if I can help.:)
Oh awesome, this helps a bunch! One question I have. When I would click a hit from my Hit Scraper and didn't catch it in time, my Panda Crazy would have a button to add a Panda from inside that red box. When I try to click a hit from Hit Finder, that button to Panda the HIT I missed does not appear. Any way to remedy this?

Reactions: Jerami

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Oh awesome, this helps a bunch! One question I have. When I would click a hit from my Hit Scraper and didn't catch it in time, my Panda Crazy would have a button to add a Panda from inside that red box. When I try to click a hit from Hit Finder, that button to Panda the HIT I missed does not appear. Any way to remedy this?
HitFinder and PandaCrazy are not related. That button is to add a PandA to HitCatcher, which is integrated with HF, inside MTS(Mturk Suite) and, an alternative to PandaCrazy that "communicates" with HitFinder. I don't use PC(PandaCrazy) because I'm already using HF(HitFInder) which is part of MTS so, why not use HC(HitCatcher), using MTS to it's fullest potential.

EDIT Oh wait, you said Scraper. Are you still using HS(HitScraper)? Or are you using HF(inder)?

DBL EDIT I guess I need to know which scraper you are using. If you aren't using Finder, as I assumed, this is all wrong.

Last edited: