Please help!!

hbcorder1966

Reaction score
I tried to sign up for work on mechanical turk a short while back and received the infamous error message stating my account has been suspended with no other information provided as to the reason for this suspension or what needs to be done to reinstate the account.
I've sent several emails requesting assistance with this issue, and since I've never used mechanical turk before I can't understand how an unused account can be suspended. If there is something I can do to resolve the issue, I've requested any information available to comply, but unfortunately the customer service department doesn't find my request important enough to even bother with any sort of response. I've been very patient, and have sent at least three separate requests. I understand they are probably extremely busy helping thousands of other users, but nevertheless each and every customer should be treated with respect and consideration, especially since this is represented by Amazon. A company known for excellence in customer service. It seems I'm not the only customer, rather potential customer in my case, that hasn't been able to have their issues with account suspension resolved. This doesn't look good for the company, and initially can cause an immediate discord for a new client. I finally just gave up asking for help. Maybe if the company can't respond to a simple request, then maybe it's not a good place to seek employment. I'm concerned that if they treat their customers with such disregard, then it's very possible they treat their employees just as badly or maybe even worse.
Does anyone have any information regarding who I may contact to have such a simple issue quickly resolved?

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I tried to sign up for work on mechanical turk a short while back and received the infamous error message stating my account has been suspended with no other information provided as to the reason for this suspension or what needs to be done to reinstate the account.
I've sent several emails requesting assistance with this issue, and since I've never used mechanical turk before I can't understand how an unused account can be suspended. If there is something I can do to resolve the issue, I've requested any information available to comply, but unfortunately the customer service department doesn't find my request important enough to even bother with any sort of response. I've been very patient, and have sent at least three separate requests. I understand they are probably extremely busy helping thousands of other users, but nevertheless each and every customer should be treated with respect and consideration, especially since this is represented by Amazon. A company known for excellence in customer service. It seems I'm not the only customer, rather potential customer in my case, that hasn't been able to have their issues with account suspension resolved. This doesn't look good for the company, and initially can cause an immediate discord for a new client. I finally just gave up asking for help. Maybe if the company can't respond to a simple request, then maybe it's not a good place to seek employment. I'm concerned that if they treat their customers with such disregard, then it's very possible they treat their employees just as badly or maybe even worse.
Does anyone have any information regarding who I may contact to have such a simple issue quickly resolved?
Honestly amazon have pretty much abandoned the site. Almost no one still works on mturk. Not that customer service was great even when mturk was booming. If you're trying to bring in some extra money I'd suggest trying out something else instead because trying to work as a new user on Mturk in 2024 is going to bring you sweatshop wages at best. It's not what it used to be.

Reactions: jan