- Mar 12, 2020
- Reaction score
I'm live-in tech support for my awesome wife as she pursues her PhD and I have been helping her publish her research study on MTurk. I want to make sure I am using this system to the best of its ability, but it is all very new to me! My wife plans to use MTurk for data collection in the future and I don't know if I got things right this first time. I think a lot of the advice she has been given regarding batch setup and then relayed to me has been spotty at best.
The BIG problem:
The BIG problem:
- Responses seem to have dropped off fairly quickly for my wife's batch (she has a participant goal of over 900)
- She is hosting a Qualtrics survey via MTurk for data collection for her thesis
- Links to and from the survey appear to be working correctly and validation does not appear to be an issue
- All respondents are being approved and she has been attempting to approve them quickly
- She has responded to messages when appropriate
- The only restrictions/parameters on participants are:
- Location (within the US)
- Sex/Gender (Male)
- Contains adult content (discusses questions related to sexual behaviors not pornography)
- Average time to complete the survey is showing as 33 minutes on MTurk
- Her survey is VERY long and she can't change that
- She was advised to set the reimbursement at $ 0.50 per completion
- This seems low but she was advised this is a reasonable amount (?)
- She is largely self-funding this study so money is a limiting factor (as usual) ?
- It is unclear to me if/how she can change reimbursement amounts in the batch now that it is live.
- She has a very high participant goal
- The length of her batch collection is 60 days
- She is 30-ish days into collection and responses have tapered off
- Does a long batch availability time mean her task is at the bottom of the list of available tasks (can this be fixed without starting a new batch)?
- Is her reimbursement too low to generate her intended number of responses given survey length?
- Is there a way to easily change batch settings to improve response rate once a batch is live?