Never Ending Chat

Favorite animals:

• Total voters

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Started a knitting project this afternoon only to come to the realization that I hate knitting :o_o: So I guess I'll be getting rid of all my knitting stuff yaaay!

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
JenniLeigh @JenniLeigh Vanyanka @Vanyanka

it's the editor I hired. First he said 2 weeks, so I waited a month cause editing is hard work. Then he said he was sick so he was really behind but he'd have it to me by the end of that week. So I gave him another two weeks, then he ignored three of my emails and finally said he would have it to me by the end of last week because he had a trip and he had to absolutely have everything by Friday. I emailed him Monday and he said he'd send it to me Tuesday and now it is thursday.

How do I write "Give me my (edited) book or give me my money?" But in a polite, diplomatic way?

edit: Or I could just write it off as being a dummy for spending money.
edit: Or I could just wait it out and hope he was just really busy and I'm being a bitch?

Last edited:

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
JenniLeigh @JenniLeigh Vanyanka @Vanyanka

it's the editor I hired. First he said 2 weeks, so I waited a month cause editing is hard work. Then he said he was sick so he was really behind but he'd have it to me by the end of that week. So I gave him another two weeks, then he ignored three of my emails and finally said he would have it to me by the end of last week because he had a trip and he had to absolutely have everything by Friday. I emailed him Monday and he said he'd send it to me Tuesday and now it is thursday.

How do I write "Give me my (edited) book or give me my money?" But in a polite, diplomatic way?

edit: Or I could just write it off as being a dummy for spending money.
edit: Or I could just wait it out and hope he was just really busy and I'm being a bitch?
Oh hell nooooooooooo
That bitch GOT paid for a job, he'd better fucking haul ass and do it.
(Well, no half-assed bullshit....)
Is there a time-frame in any contract/agreement or anything?
Ask him if he needs you to find another editor, with your refund, or will he have it before the new week starts.
Is he part of company/organization you could threaten to tattle to?

Reactions: Jaded

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Oh hell nooooooooooo
That bitch GOT paid for a job, he'd better fucking haul ass and do it.
(Well, no half-assed bullshit....)
Is there a time-frame in any contract/agreement or anything?
Ask him if he needs you to find another editor, with your refund, or will he have it before the new week starts.
Is he part of company/organization you could threaten to tattle to?
I was probably dumb and fell for a scam. There was no contract or anything. He originally just said 2 week turnaround. Before I paid I was emailing him back and forth a lot to get a feel for him (free sample of his editing work, stuff like that.) He was always super quick to respond, his sample was good. I paid through paypal so if he doesn't respond to the email I just sent I'll try to file a refund request on the payments.

I just emailed him and said "Can you give me a timetable, if it's not going to be done soon can I get a refund? If it's partially done maybe a partial refund for partial work?"

Reactions: Vanyanka

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
I was probably dumb and fell for a scam. There was no contract or anything. He originally just said 2 week turnaround. Before I paid I was emailing him back and forth a lot to get a feel for him (free sample of his editing work, stuff like that.) He was always super quick to respond, his sample was good. I paid through paypal so if he doesn't respond to the email I just sent I'll try to file a refund request on the payments.

I just emailed him and said "Can you give me a timetable, if it's not going to be done soon can I get a refund? If it's partially done maybe a partial refund for partial work?"
Well, if you have back-and-forth emails, that's an agreement for services, you can probably get your money back through paypal b/c he said a 2 week turn around.

Reactions: Vanyanka and Jaded

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Well, if you have back-and-forth emails, that's an agreement for services, you can probably get your money back through paypal b/c he said a 2 week turn around.
My email worked :o He sent me the first half and said the second would be here by Sunday. He said he got sick again so now I feel bad >.>

ducky

good brain, good life
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
My email worked :eek: He sent me the first half and said the second would be here by Sunday. He said he got sick again so now I feel bad >.>
(i'm kind of butting in) but if i'm understanding right, it's been 2 months rather than the 2 weeks you agreed on, right?
i wouldn't feel bad. like i get shit happens in people's lives but you had pretty much no proof he did anything until now and you already paid, so

Reactions: Vanyanka and Jaded

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
(i'm kind of butting in) but if i'm understanding right, it's been 2 months rather than the 2 weeks you agreed on, right?
i wouldn't feel bad. like i get shit happens in people's lives but you had pretty much no proof he did anything until now and you already paid, so
That's a good point. (And yes about the 2 months thing. Well...1 week short of 2 months.)

Reactions: Vanyanka

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
My email worked :eek: He sent me the first half and said the second would be here by Sunday. He said he got sick again so now I feel bad >.>
Do not feel bad. I sincerely doubt he was sick for two months and if he was, he should have immediately let you know. Very unprofessional all around.

jenaling

Who?
Contributor
Reaction score
I spent all afternoon waiting for the cable guy only to find out they'd sent him to a different building. On the bright side, when he did get here he told me top secret info about them switching the whole complex to fiber in the spring. And what the speed tiers will be. So I'll be able to cancel cable.

The circle of life.

jenaling

Who?
Contributor
Reaction score
I spent all afternoon waiting for the cable guy only to find out they'd sent him to a different building. On the bright side, when he did get here he told me top secret info about them switching the whole complex to fiber in the spring. And what the speed tiers will be. So I'll be able to cancel cable.

The circle of life.
Oh and he helped speed up the internet on my PS4 so we might get married.