Welcome to MTurk Crowd

Work on Amazon Mechanical Turk, learn from the best, and have fun doing it. Join the crowd today!

Need advice

Discussion in 'Requester Support' started by psychosocial, Sep 27, 2016.

1. psychosocial

psychosocial
    Expand Collapse

• Requester
    Hi,
    I am trying to run a study on Mturk for the first time and I have very little programming experience. Please tell me what the easiest way to learn to do this would be. What programming language should I learn to use: Command line or java script. and does anyone have examples I can use to get me started.

In principle it is not a complicated design. Most of it is questions and answers. The first part is a timed display of images with text. Then a test phase is when the same images and text should be displays with a question with that options.

I am sure I will be able to catch on if I learn the basics and can get an example.

I need to complete this study for my honors thesis and would really appreciate any help.

2. electrolyte

electrolyte
    Expand Collapse
    The Ghost of MTurk Past

• Contributor
    Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    #2 electrolyte, Sep 27, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  3. psychosocial

psychosocial
    Expand Collapse

• Requester
    I have used qualtrics for the first half but this part has timed displays of images with text in a learning phase. Do you know how to do that on qualtrics?

4. TSolo315

TSolo315
    Expand Collapse
    SnapNCrackle

Timed pages are pretty simple to set up in qualtrics. Do you need something more sophisticated than that?

5. electrolyte

electrolyte
    Expand Collapse
    The Ghost of MTurk Past

• Contributor
    I do not, but there might be something in the Qualtrics support information about that: https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/faqs/survey/