Welcome to MTurk Crowd

Work on Amazon Mechanical Turk, learn from the best, and have fun doing it. Join the crowd today!

Need advice about a hit?

Discussion in 'MTurk Help & Resources' started by Jody, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Jody

Jody
    Expand Collapse

When you do a hit that asks for a total, and the receipt says subtotal because it still needs someone to put the tip in from a restaurant, what should my answer be? Do I figure the tip or do I just put in one of their answers like no name or total is provided? Thanks!

Jerami and jan like this.
  2. jan

jan
    Expand Collapse

who is the requester? I don't do those hits, but if you told me their name, I'd start out by checking TO and see what others say.

The reason that most of us don't do receipt hits - btw - is that they aren't profitable. Are you making a good hourly wage on them?

Jerami likes this.
  3. Jody

Jody
    Expand Collapse

The

Jerami likes this.
  4. Jody

Jody
    Expand Collapse

The requester is Scoutit. And no I don't make that great a wage, but sometimes I shy away from hits because I don't want rejections.

Jerami likes this.
  5. jan

jan
    Expand Collapse

Oh. Well, I wouldn't advise those hits. He's a terrible requester. Have you signed up for TO? I think it's going to work for awhile yet (turk opticon). It goes through his whole history. Have you installed any scripts? If you check the requesters reviews, that will help - you'll be able to make an informed decision. Your first step is mturk suite https://github.com/Kadauchi/mturk-suite

Jerami likes this.
  6. Jody

Jody
    Expand Collapse

Thank you so much for all your advice. I have not installed any scripts. I will check out the site s you suggested.

Jerami and jan like this.