Music thread

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Came across this on the youtubes and instantly loved it. jklmnop @jklmnop I think you might dig this one.

Reactions: <Gucci> and jklmnop

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqIrF9Do9Uk

I listened to this song on repeat today. Anyone who thinks Bono is a pompous ass, this is him making fun of himself. And i relate.
Walk through the room like a birthday cake
When I am all lit up, I can't make a mistake
And there's a level of shallow that you just can't fake
But you know that I know

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
jklmnop @jklmnop This totally sounds like it could be a Talking Heads song, doesn't it?

Reactions: ducky and jklmnop

ducky

good brain, good life
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
I feel like I'm risking criticism posting this.. but I am *loving* this fucking album, y'all

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Speaking of Canadian rockers...

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
Friday earworm, get down, get to it

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I've been listening to the same favorites playlist on youtube for ages and I need some more music reqs. I have weird tastes though and only like a few songs by some artists so I don't even know how to describe what I like. I love La Dispute, Sam Smith, Shawn Mendes, James Arthur, Flyleaf, and 'Sociopath' by SteLouse. Also some of Ed Sheeren's stuff and 'Let You down' by NF. I also like metal/screamo, but all my current stuff is depressing and I need some that...isn't. lol.

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
I've been listening to the same favorites playlist on youtube for ages and I need some more music reqs. I have weird tastes though and only like a few songs by some artists so I don't even know how to describe what I like. I love La Dispute, Sam Smith, Shawn Mendes, James Arthur, Flyleaf, and 'Sociopath' by SteLouse. Also some of Ed Sheeren's stuff and 'Let You down' by NF. I also like metal/screamo, but all my current stuff is depressing and I need some that...isn't. lol.
I barely know those, but after a bit of skipping around Youtube I can recommend two older bands that I would bet money influenced La Dispute and Flyleaf, respectively

Reactions: themildone

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I barely know those, but after a bit of skipping around Youtube I can recommend two older bands that I would bet money influenced La Dispute and Flyleaf, respectively

woah, those do sound really similar to La Dispute and Flyleaf. That's crazy. Thanks! Since you were so spot-on with those, do you have any recs for metal/screamo? lol

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
woah, those do sound really similar to La Dispute and Flyleaf. That's crazy. Thanks! Since you were so spot-on with those, do you have any recs for metal/screamo? lol
Link a couple of favorites and I'll see if I can find their antecedents...