MTC Survivor Challenge thread

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I still hate you all on a fundamental level because you're human, but I will admit, some of the passion is gone.
I'm going to interpret this as that some of the passionate hate you had is gone, and replaced by love from being teammates.

YOU'RE STILL MY FAVORITE LEPI (that I know.) , whether you like it or not.

Lepi

Some Kind of Sneaky Witch Thief
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm going to interpret this as that some of the passionate hate you had is gone, and replaced by love from being teammates.

YOU'RE STILL MY FAVORITE LEPI (that I know.) , whether you like it or not.
I spent roughly 8 hours turning you in to a super hero that can telekenetically control marshmallows.

If that's not begrudging acceptance for your existence, I don't know what is.

Reactions: Jaded

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I spent roughly 8 hours turning you in to a super hero that can telekenetically control marshmallows.

If that's not begrudging acceptance for your existence, I don't know what is.

One day I will write a story about the marshmalcontent.

Lepi

Some Kind of Sneaky Witch Thief
Contributor
Reaction score
One day I will write a story about the marshmalcontent.
This is tangentially related.

I saw this tumblr post talking about how magic probably exists, but it only manifests itself in the most mundane and boring ways.

Like... if your microwave popcorn never burns, or you always manage to get up right before your toast pops and jump scares you. Or if you're never late for stuff, even when you leave 10 minutes later than you should. Or if you're really good at catching things when you drop them. Mine was a super-human ability to make random guesses.

But anyway, it made me think about a story about people who get completely ridiculous super powers. And how for some reason in both the Marvel and the DC universe, if you have powers, YOU HAVE TO BE A HERO THERE IS NO OTHER CAREER PATH.

So I just imagined this group of people who have powers like a super human sense of smell, or the ability to memorize really long numbers, or the ability to mentally control items with the exact size and density of marshmallows. Having to fight crime because of course they have to fight crime, they have super powers. But the super powers suck.

Reactions: MerryLou and Jaded

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score

I saw this tumblr post talking about how magic probably exists, but it only manifests itself in the most mundane and boring ways.

Like... if your microwave popcorn never burns, or you always manage to get up right before your toast pops and jump scares you. Or if you're never late for stuff, even when you leave 10 minutes later than you should. Or if you're really good at catching things when you drop them. Mine was a super-human ability to make random guesses.

But anyway, it made me think about a story about people who get completely ridiculous super powers. And how for some reason in both the Marvel and the DC universe, if you have powers, YOU HAVE TO BE A HERO THERE IS NO OTHER CAREER PATH.

So I just imagined this group of people who have powers like a super human sense of smell, or the ability to memorize really long numbers, or the ability to mentally control items with the exact size and density of marshmallows. Having to fight crime because of course they have to fight crime, they have super powers. But the super powers suck.

This sounds like the best superhero story.

Reactions: MerryLou

MerryLou

unpalatable
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Sole Survivor
Reaction score

Reactions: Jaded

TQueen

Southern Sweetness
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
:party: CONGRATS MELLY :party:

Melly @Melly has officially secured her spot in the FINAL TWO!

Looks like essjay @essjay and Lepi @Lepi will be facing the jury this week at Council.

I'll be posting in the Council thread this week how voting will be handled this week. It should be posted later tonight or tomorrow morning.

MerryLou

unpalatable
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
:party: CONGRATS MELLY :party:

Melly @Melly has officially secured her spot in the FINAL TWO!

Looks like essjay @essjay and Lepi @Lepi will be facing the jury this week at Council.

I'll be posting in the Council thread this week how voting will be handled this week. It should be posted later tonight or tomorrow morning.
I'd like to officially hand over my spammy crown to Melly @Melly :princess:

To Melly @Melly - Queen of Spam, Goddess of Gifs, Mistress of Messages... holy fucking moly you posted a lot. WTG!

Melly

Pew Pew!
Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
I want to thank Jaded @Jaded and heeheehahaha @heeheehahaha again for being awesome teammates!!

I'd like to officially hand over my spammy crown to Melly @Melly :princess:

To Melly @Melly - Queen of Spam, Goddess of Gifs, Mistress of Messages... holy fucking moly you posted a lot. WTG!
LOL my pinky and forefinger hurt but I wanted to win so bad I was going to post all night long if I had to. I even took videos of me doing it cause I didn't think it was possible to post that fast without a script :)

Reactions: MerryLou and Jaded

essjay

Filthy Casual
Contributor
Reaction score
CONGRATULATIONS, MELLY!

Girl, you were in such a frenzy that I couldn't even be mad at my internet going out cos it meant I got to watch in awe.

TQueen

Southern Sweetness
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
THE FINAL TWO

Congrats again ladies. You've come a long way. It's time to wrap this game up in true TQueen fashion. Your very LAST task will be:

A 5/5 PAY SURVEY

That's right Lepi @Lepi and Melly @Melly will have to answer a survey that's been created by our wonderful Jury :tqueen:

TASK

JURY:
  • You will come up with 10 questions for our two final castaways to answer. They can be about any topic, including any Survivor-related questions.
  • Keep the questions reasonable in that nothing is vulgar or hurtful. Things such as Survivor strategy or the "touchy subjects" are allowed within reason of being respectful.
  • Please choose a representative to post this 10 question survey in the CHALLENGE THREAD by Tuesday, April 19 by 11:59 PM (daily thread change).
CASTAWAYS:
  • Lepi @Lepi and Melly @Melly will be taking these questions and answering them by recording them verbally. They'll be picking up the mic and answering the questions given to them by the Jury.
  • These answers will need to be uploaded and posted in the CHALLENGE THREAD by Thursday, April 21 by 11:59 PM (daily thread change).
  • If you have any questions of how to do this, feel free to pm for technical support.
FINAL VOTING
  • The Castaways will NOT have a vote this week.
  • After reviewing the recordings, the Jury will consider the two finalists. They will not be voting against someone this time, but WILL BE VOTING FOR SOMEONE to earn the title of Sole Survivor.
  • The Jury will INDIVIDUALLY send TQUEEN A PM with their vote. This will be a private vote.
  • This vote will be due by SATURDAY, April 23 by 11:59 PM (daily thread change).
On Sunday, the Castaways will receive the verdict. I will be announcing this in the final post of the Council thread. One Castaways survey will be given a rejection and the other Castaways will get a survey approval which includes:
  • Cash prize
  • Sole Survivor banner
  • Official bragging rights

Melly

Pew Pew!
Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
TQueen @TQueen Is the jury the same as this last week? I had noticed a slight difference in the members from this past week and the week before.

TQueen

Southern Sweetness
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
TQueen @TQueen Is the jury the same as this last week? I had noticed a slight difference in the members from this past week and the week before.
They're still trickling in a bit, so they might be a bit different.