Welcome to MTurk Crowd

Work on Amazon Mechanical Turk, learn from the best, and have fun doing it. Join the crowd today!

Issues with TO

Discussion in 'MTurk Help & Resources' started by Bevs, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Bevs

Bevs
    Expand Collapse

So I've recently begun to notice that my MTurk will load very slowly on occasion, and I suspect turkopticon to be the cause. Once in a while when I am using HIT Scraper, it will scrape and then show that it is "Retrieving TO data". It will then proceed to load for maybe three to five seconds before it finally updates the page. Sometimes after this all the HITs will show up grey and the TO information won't load. It makes it impossible to scrape for hits when each scrape takes an extra five seconds to load and none of the TO data shows up.

This doesn't seem to be a result of my internet or computer, especially since this will mainly happen in the middle of the day on weekdays during peak hours. But who knows. Not sure if I have an outdated version or what is wrong, but if anyone has any advice that would be fantastic.

#1 Bevs, Aug 1, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
    jan likes this.
  2. jan

jan
    Expand Collapse

are you just running Hit Scraper - or that in combination with Panda Crazy?

3. TSolo315

TSolo315
    Expand Collapse
    SnapNCrackle

Yeah this has been a problem for a while because the TO1 servers can't handle the load during mturks busier hours (neither can TV.) Honestly I would recommend just migrating to mturk suite and using HITFinder instead -- it handles this better than HITScraper.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    jan likes this.
  4. Bevs

Bevs
    Expand Collapse

That's what I figured, thanks.