Welcome to MTurk Crowd

Work on Amazon Mechanical Turk, learn from the best, and have fun doing it. Join the crowd today!

I am so confused

Discussion in 'MTurk Help & Resources' started by Mich, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Mich

Mich
    Expand Collapse

Please help, I am so confused, if this is not the place to ask for help please let me know.

I read the guide and so far It said I need Tampermonkey and turkpticon. What do these two things do?

Which tool allows me to see which hits have 100% approval all the time? I am fairly new and only have 49 approved and 3 rejected.

2. jan

jan
    Expand Collapse

Okay, just download tampermonkey and then mturk suite. Here's a guide for mturk suite: https://github.com/Kadauchi/mturk-suite/wiki

You will see turk opticon and turker view on there (after you download them). Plus the HITS will be different colors (the little icon on the left). Don't do red (almost never). Just do it and then come back and chat, okay? We all use it, mturk suite was created by turkers (thanks @Kadauchi@Kadauchi !). But do it and then come back with your questions. You'll understand some of it as soon as you download it. And yes, be careful out there! You don't have many approvals. Come into the main thread and see what we are posting and talking about.
    That will also help.

Mich and Kadauchi like this.
  3. Mich

Mich
    Expand Collapse

Thank you

4. Mich

Mich
    Expand Collapse

I downloaded both, Do I need to do anything on Tampermonkey or it automatically detects Mturksuite?

jan likes this.
  5. jan

jan
    Expand Collapse

did you download tampermonkey first?
    if so, then close mturk and open it back up.

6. Mich

Mich
    Expand Collapse

Yes, I am able to see the icons in red, black, yellow and green

jan likes this.
  7. jan

jan
    Expand Collapse

You should also be able to click and read reviews. You need to sign up at Turk Opticon (I guess, too, w/Turker View - IDK -I haven't bothered). But this will give you information about what other turkers have found out - when they did the HIT.

You need to be careful until you have a cushion of approvals. Once you have a few thousand, you can take some risks. But be careful out there! You don't want your approval rating to sink so low that you can't find HITS (stay above 98 or 99%). Follow along in the work thread and see what folks are talking about. Amazon won't watch out for you.
    But other turkers will :)

Mich likes this.
  8. Mich

Mich
    Expand Collapse

Ok, thank you